View Single Post

Posted 2003-01-25, 04:35 PM in reply to JiDDaR's post "War against Iraq"
Hellmonkeys said:
Titusfied said:
Once we dethrone Sadaam and set up a Democracy, Iraq is going to flourish in ways they could only dream of, guaranteed.
What the hell? Thats not the United States job to do. The US isn't supposed to go arround killing all the tyrants and converting them to democracy. There are hundreds of tyranical leaders and we can't go arround killing them all just because they are a tyrant... what the hell?

We can't go arround changing some country half way arround the world's government. It should be the PEOPLE who deicide, not some stupid ass government half way around the world from them. And I bet you most of the people would rather have Sadaam as a leader than some prick the United States appoints.
It has happened before so what Titusfied said isn't so far fetched, just one example is Rome conquered Germany and introduced them too a united democracy. Also it has happened many other times by Rome, and all other great empires even the US has changed a couple of countrys from Communism or dictatorship too more American Republic/ Democracy. The only thing I hope doesn't happen is that we conquer Iraq, which I don't even think'll happen Because usually when we remove a government we just appoint a member of there country that shares our same view or we let NATO govern it. But back too wut I was saying earlier the only thing I hope that doesn't happen is shit like with Great Britian and there "Brave Heart"...
Old
Profile PM WWW Search
JohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-betweenJohnnyTAE is neither ape nor machine; has so far settled for the in-between

JohnnyTAE