Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opinion and Debate (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=332)
-   -   Which superpower is going to nuke us? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42969)

HandOfHeaven 2007-08-02 09:07 AM

Which superpower is going to nuke us?

I'm serious, which one is going to? I'm sure the entire world is fed up with Bush's bullshit. If you live in Texas and are within 50 miles of where Bush lives, GET THE FUCK OUT! That will probably be the number one target after his presidency is over, assuming he doesn't get assassinated before then.

!King_Amazon! 2007-08-02 09:59 AM

I don't think anyone who would really has the capabilities right now. North Korea would probably gladly nuke us if they could, but they can't even get to us.

Demosthenes 2007-08-02 10:23 AM

If someone nukes us, it doesn't really matter where you live. Everybody dies.

D3V 2007-08-02 11:08 AM

What mj said.

Thanatos 2007-08-02 11:11 AM

It aint too much changed here today, seems like its never gon' get better
Wonder if ill ever get to live in peace
These days of our lives, they keep on gettin shorter every time
Then I realize, that it won't be too long before,
We wake up and the world is gone,
And it won't mean no World War, it'll be Armageddon for sure

timmay1113 2007-08-02 11:36 AM

I highly doubt it will be a super power that nukes us. It will be a smaller radical country that gets their hands on a nuke and manages to detonate it on American soil. I highly doubt China/Russia/ European nations are dumb enough to nuke us.

HandOfHeaven 2007-08-02 11:49 AM

I'm thinking that Libya actually has demolition trucks (like in CnC Red Alert:2), and they will drive them throughout Europe, turning them into a smoking crater. Too bad they don't know how to make planes yet. :P

KagomJack 2007-08-02 12:26 PM

Nah, they'd nuke Japan before they'd nuke us.

D3V 2007-08-02 01:25 PM

Yeah more than likely. I'm guessing we're going to have an internal war, somebody that is "American" is going to do something like this.

Titusfied 2007-08-03 05:21 AM

No one will nuke us. Trust me, no one is that stupid. We aren't even that stupid to use that type of force. MJ is right on the money.

gruesomeBODY 2007-08-03 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titusfied
No one will nuke us. Trust me, no one is that stupid. We aren't even that stupid to use that type of force. MJ is right on the money.

Agreed. I think if anyone were to start nuking it would be NK, but they are dumb enough to try that.

HandOfHeaven 2007-08-03 03:41 PM

As far as I know, I don't think they have the technology capabilities to even nuke Hawaii. My dad used to work in the pentagon, and said that North Korea is still pretty behind on that technology.

JRwakebord 2007-08-05 01:19 AM

The problem is, the people desperately trying to get their hands on nukes right now are the same people who would welcome the end of the world.

Willkillforfood 2007-08-05 04:00 AM

What is our method of reprisal for a nuclear detonation on U.S. soil against an extremist multinational organization?

Grav 2007-08-05 05:34 AM

Light taunting

Vollstrecker 2007-08-05 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willkillforfood
What is our method of reprisal for a nuclear detonation on U.S. soil against an extremist multinational organization?

Realistically, or what would our current leadership do in retaliation?

Lenny 2007-08-05 07:11 AM

I imagine there'd be a couple of months of saying how terrible the act was, how it was an atrocious act against not only those who died, but America herself, how that the people who carried out the attack needed to be crushed now before it could happen again... and then you'd invade five or six countries with small ties to said organisation . However, you'd not go it alone. Britain would tag along like the fucking lapdog Blair made us, whilst the rest of Europe would follow Russia and France as they veto their way out of conflict causing the UN to refuse to sanction the war, making it illegal... which wouldn't mean anything or stop anyone.

At least, that's what I think your current administration might do.

Demosthenes 2007-08-05 08:05 AM

Really? My guess is we'd nuke the shit out of four or five countries.

Lenny 2007-08-05 08:40 AM

Nuke four or five countries and you've got the rest of the world against you.

There are already places like N. Korea, China, Iran that are supposedly developing their own nuclear weapons. Then you've got the terrorists who'd be able to either acquire their own nuclear weapon, or do something with the nuclear plants/nuclear waste around the world. Either they bomb the nuclear plants and cause untold choas, or they acquire some of the nuclear waste and make a dirty bomb with it - set off a sizeable dirty bomb in the middle of an American city (or anyone allied with America) and you've not only killed however many hundreds of people with the initial blast, but there's also the fact that the blast will have acted like a giant sneeze and sent out a giant wave of radioactive material for quite a distance, effectively harming the majority of people within the blast radius, a bit further out, too, and shutting down an American city. Imagine if they did it in New York. The damage would be catastrophical!

As for other countries who might be clever enough to not use nukes - France, Germany, Italy, Russia, other European countries. Between them they can effectively control the UN. Look at what happened years ago when Bush decided to go to war in Iraq. The support for America was almost non-existent.

Add to the fact that there's a second Cold War quietly brewing (Russia planted a flag on the oil-rich sea-bed under the North Pole a few days ago, and are now claiming the territory as their own)... well, America has got to tread very carefully. Nukes would not only make the terrorists fight fire with fire, but the rest of the world would not exactly attack America, but they can cut you off.

Nukes, then, are out of the question, I think.

Demosthenes 2007-08-05 09:16 AM

I can't argue with you. All of your points are valid, Lenny. But I don't think you understand the extent of American chauvinism.