Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Science and Art (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=344)
-   -   Pirate's of the Caribbean: At World's End (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42462)

HandOfHeaven 2007-05-25 01:47 AM

Pirate's of the Caribbean: At World's End

One word. Cheesy.

MightyJoe 2007-05-25 07:53 AM

I still haven't seen the second movie -_-

Willkillforfood 2007-05-25 09:07 AM

Aww. I guess it's gonna be like Spiderman 3 then. You know ...ruin the entire series.

khwiii 2007-05-25 09:55 AM

Yes, because the second PotC was sooo good.

Oh... wait.. not really.

HandOfHeaven 2007-05-25 11:44 AM

That one was wierd. Sure, this one has some good fight/battle scenes, but the script is terrible along with the acting.

!King_Amazon! 2007-05-25 11:48 AM

At World's End was great, IMO. My favorite of the three. This is how I would rank them, from best to worst.

3, 1, 2.

MightyJoe 2007-05-25 11:50 AM

IMO the main actors are horrible, so if you wanted good acting I'd prolly avoid the entire series. I'll prolly rent 2 and 3 once it gets released to see how they played out.

!King_Amazon! 2007-05-25 11:55 AM

Why the hell would you say the actors are horrible? Pirates has one of the best casts ever. Especially Johnny Depp, nobody could do Jack Sparrow better than him.

Were you awake when you watched the movie?

KagomJack 2007-05-25 12:30 PM

I've not yet seen it, but I thought the first one was way more superb than the second. I didn't like the second's ending. It was way too random and abrupt, imo.

Lenny 2007-05-25 12:35 PM

One hell of a way to leave people wanting a third film, though, ain't it? :p

I can't wait to see the third one.

!King_Amazon! 2007-05-25 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KagomJack
I've not yet seen it, but I thought the first one was way more superb than the second. I didn't like the second's ending. It was way too random and abrupt, imo.

I think the first one was much better than the second one. The second one really dragged on in parts, like the epic sword fight between Jack and Will and Norrington. It went on WAY too long. And by the end of the movie I was sick of the kraken. It was cool and all, but they overdid it.

The third movie is much, much more dramatic. It ties all of the loose ends together, and it doesn't worry about offending anyone with the harshness of life back then. It's very dramatic compared to the first two, which is why I think most people aren't liking it, but I think it adds a lot to the movie.

The movie is more serious, so the comedy part of it is accentuated. It provides much comic relief(similar to how the first movie did, but much more.)

That's the one thing I didn't like about Pirates 2, there was TOO much comedy. Also, their lame as remarks they would make. For instance, when Norrington and Will are sword fighting and Norrington kicks dirt into Will's face and says "By your leave Mr. Turner" and takes a bow and runs off. And then when Will later says "By your leave Mr. Norrington" all witty like in reply. That kind of stuff really bugged me about the 2nd movie.

Lenny 2007-05-25 01:28 PM

Isn't the script writer, or it might be the director, for PotC3 different to the one who did PotC2?

!King_Amazon! 2007-05-25 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenny
Isn't the script writer, or it might be the director, for PotC3 different to the one who did PotC2?

I don't know and don't care.

The movie is getting really bad reviews, but honestly, most of the people saying they didn't like it also didn't like the first two. I've heard so many things that make no sense at all to me, like "you feel no sense of danger for the characters" and shit like that.

I don't care what other people think, I loved it.

Demosthenes 2007-05-25 04:01 PM

I liked it.

gruesomeBODY 2007-05-25 05:53 PM

I thought the 3rd was the best.

Vollstrecker 2007-05-25 08:18 PM

Likely seeing this on Sunday.

The thing with the second movie that most didn't like (from what I can tell) is that the movie took a darker shift away from the high amount of slapstick comedy present in the first movie.

Glad to hear it isn't all one-liners from Jack. :D

Edit: I agree with K_A though, it felt like some parts of 2 dragged on way too long. I wonder if the screenwriter was just rushed to get something to the cast rather than balancing it out?

!King_Amazon! 2007-05-25 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vollstrecker
The thing with the second movie that most didn't like (from what I can tell) is that the movie took a darker shift away from the high amount of slapstick comedy present in the first movie.

You'll really like the 3rd one then.

Vollstrecker 2007-05-25 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon!
You'll really like the 3rd one then.

Sounds good. :D

Basically, from what I've noticed, is that when there's a sequel to it, critics get angry if it's just the first movie rehashed, and then they get pissed off when it isn't the first movie rehashed.

I really noticed this with Clerks 2 reviews.

Rurouni Storm 2007-05-26 03:19 PM

The only thing I didn't like about it is that there should've been more Jack Sparrow.

Demosthenes 2007-05-26 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rurouni Storm
The only thing I didn't like about it is that there should've been more Jack Sparrow.

I concur. Jack is a badass.