Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   RPGMaker (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   Changin name and sex in rm2k3 (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42390)

Slyvr 2007-05-09 07:32 PM

Changin name and sex in rm2k3

Ok, so...I started a new game and I was just wondering if it's possible to do the change hero name event and have a "Pick Male or Female" thing. I decided to just drop the name part, but I'm still curious...

frostedsn0 2007-05-10 08:34 AM

Best thing for this is RMXP with the Easy_CharacterCreator_English script. You can choose how hero looks, gender, and name during new game.

Slyvr 2007-05-13 02:24 PM

Well....I'm usin rm2k3....Is there one for that?

phsyco025 2007-06-03 05:11 PM

ill try t help but iim helping from a rmxp point of view. now i'v never used rpgm2k3 but in rmxp when u put in an event from there is the option to change the hero graphic so u could just have 2 heros pictures (1 male 1 female) and change it depending on the users answer and there is also the change hero name option

Slyvr 2007-06-07 07:02 PM

That's basic stuff...

phsyco025 2007-06-08 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slyvr
That's basic stuff...

well what more would you like?

Goodlookinguy 2007-06-13 12:57 AM

Sencing as there is no RGSS for RM2k & 2k3 I don't see how or what you are talking about saying "That's basic stuff..."for and the fact is phsyco025 has your answer covered. I suggest just using RMXP, I changed and now that's all I use.

Noob101 2007-06-17 02:12 AM

I know, Slyvr - sometimes change isn't good. I, for one, don't like RmXp. That's just me.

Anyways, do what phsyco said - have two completely different charsets, one male and one female. Make it a basic event - Ask question; if female (change to female charset), if male (change to male charset).

I implemented that into my game and made them two different types of plots, based on your choice.

Slyvr 2007-06-18 04:02 PM

I know how to do each one, but what i'm asking is to do them TOGETHER. I can't do both changing gender and changing name. When I was playing around with it trying to figure it out, I figured it was impossible unless there's some little thing I missed or something...

Noob101 2007-06-19 01:59 AM

Together as in how? They both worked together in the game I put them in.

Slyvr 2007-06-27 05:28 PM

Ok...this was awhile ago, but if I remember what the problem is correctly...

I had two different heros, one male, one female. I think I had it so that it would change the name of the hero it starts with, but if you select Female instead of Male then it adds the 2nd hero(female) and removes the first(with the configured name).

I'm guessing that I tried the other way around and made the player choose between male and female first and THEN you change your name, but I guess that didn't work or something.

Oh and as for your suggestions of me using rmxp. I don't think that's gonna happen. I've tried using it, but either I have a fucked up version of it, or I really can't find anything I'm looking for in the program. I don't know...

Goodlookinguy 2007-06-28 09:34 AM

Does this mean you solved your own problem.
I am now starting to become a master at variables, switches, colonial branches, & choices answers splitters. If you are still having trouble with what you were trying to do, I did it in about 15 min before I wrote this, it's extremly easy. Remember if you want people to say your name to have your variables set correctly. If you need help with that I can do that as well.