Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Marine Reserves (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41961)

Medieval Bob 2007-03-15 12:55 PM

Marine Reserves

Anybody know anyone who's been in the Marine Reserves? I've been dating this girl for a while who's a reserve. She's being activated in a couple of months, and I'm just wondering if anybody knows how that usually works? How long will she be gone, etc?

I'd ask her, but I'm really not ready to talk to her about it yet. It's all kind of scary to me. She'll be leaving soon, and she's writing out a will... She'll be doing convoy stuff, which is *supposed* to be safe, but with all the fucking convoy bombings and attacks and shit recently, it's not anymore. I've never dated somebody that actually had a reason to write a will, and it's... well, it's scary.

Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone has a friend or relative or something that's done this before.

KagomJack 2007-03-15 02:19 PM

I know people in the Army and Marine reserves, but sadly, I can't answer your question. I myself am unsure as well.

!King_Amazon! 2007-03-15 05:06 PM

I do know that convoy "stuff" is not safe. A guy I work with has a son in the army that's been doing that stuff and he's had waaay too many close calls. One time his convoy was to lead the group, and at the last minute his commander told his convoy to wait and let the other one lead. A few minutes later they hear and see a loud explosion and it was the convoy that went first, which was originally supposed to have been his.

Medieval Bob 2007-03-15 08:48 PM

Ya... that scares the shit out of me. I don't want my girlfriend to die. O_o

KagomJack 2007-03-15 08:53 PM

That's completely understandable. :o

!King_Amazon! 2007-03-16 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medieval Bob
Ya... that scares the shit out of me. I don't want my girlfriend to die. O_o

I feel that way most of the time too :P

Willkillforfood 2007-03-17 12:08 PM

Just put a wig on that kyeruu dude and send him in her stead.

Sum Yung Guy 2007-03-18 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medieval Bob
She'll be leaving soon, and she's writing out a will... She'll be doing convoy stuff, which is *supposed* to be safe, but with all the fucking convoy bombings and attacks and shit recently, it's not anymore.

SUPPOSE TO BE SAFE????!??!?!!!

I garentee that if she is deploy for 1 year, and does atleast 2 or 3 convoys a week, her convoys will be hit atleast 3-4 times that year with an explosion that injures or kills someone. More soldiers are killed on convoys then anything else while deployed.

Medieval Bob 2007-03-18 04:15 PM

:(

Not cool.

KagomJack 2007-03-18 08:30 PM

Normally I'd reprimand someone, but he's only speaking the truth. He knows about it way more than we do.

Sum Yung Guy 2007-03-18 10:07 PM

does she know where in iraq she is going to be deployed? If its northern or southern iraq not soo bad, but western iraq and baghdad are dangerous.

Asamin 2007-03-26 03:01 PM

My sisters godfather is in the army and when he was called out he missed the first two years of his sons life...
I thought this was really sad that he didn't get to know his own kid untill he was already 2!!!

!King_Amazon! 2007-03-26 03:02 PM

At least he got to know his kid. Lots of guys do that same thing except they don't get to come back.