Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Where to go? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36696)

Ganga 2005-06-01 01:01 AM

Where to go?

Life has been shitty for me, I have 3 k to spent. Where should I go and how should I spend?

right now I am thinking about vagas then cali.. but it probally little bit out of my budget.

Lenny 2005-06-01 04:31 AM

Did you know that California has the highest number of war veterans in America??

Of the estimated 26.4 million veterans in the US, 2.6 million call California home. Florida is the runne rup with 1.9 million, and Texas comes in a close third with 1.8 million.

Alaska holds the record for the percentage of civilians who are veterans - 17%!!!

If I were you, I'd put it in a bank for a bit, then take it out a few years later when you've got a bit more (around 5k in total??) and then go to al the places you want.

Kaneda 2005-06-01 06:03 AM

Vegas is a scum pit. It embodies everything that is vile and disgusting about America.
If I had 3k to spend I'd go to Mexico. Not T.J. Mexico, southern Mexico. Guatamala, Honduraz... some places like that. You can make it down there for cheap if you had the heart, and then your money would last you a while if you have the brains once your there. As far as getting back... why would you want to?

Sovereign 2005-06-01 08:18 AM

Save up some more and go spend some time in amsterdam.

Kaneda 2005-06-01 08:53 AM

Sovs right Amersterdam would be the way to go... flying there would be your only big expense and heres your solution http://www.airhitch.org
Its a bit difficult to understand at first, but once you talk to them you'll get it. I used them to get to Hawaii. You just have to be flexable and not have a schedule. Its hella cheap.

Thanatos 2005-06-01 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaneda
Vegas is a scum pit. It embodies everything that is vile and disgusting about America.

Which is why you should go.

Actually, I agree with Sov and Kaneda. Go to Amsterdam, man. That's where I'm going for my first out-of-country trip.

DaFrigginDoctah 2005-06-01 02:59 PM

If you come to Cali you should go to Carmel, right on the beach. I go there from time to time, my family owns a cabin that's damn near right on the sand. It's so beautiful and rich there. Guarunteed to make you :).

Jamesadin 2005-06-01 05:48 PM

Go to Canada!

O' Canada! Our home and native laaand!

Grav 2005-06-01 05:51 PM

Canada? Fuck that. Go to Georgia. Cheap cigarettes and gas.

tidus2005 2005-06-01 06:59 PM

I have been to Las Vegas and i thought it was okay, but i went with my parents so i didnt have to buy much. It is definately an expensive town. As far as where to go it depends on what you like to do. Beaches are nice but if you dont like them you would not have much fun. I have always wanted to go back packing in the mountains somewhere.

WetWired 2005-06-01 11:05 PM

Actually, from what I hear, Las Vegas is very cheap as long as you don't gamble; the hotels make their money from gambling, not rooms, and offer generous buffets for the price they charge.

Lenny 2005-06-02 04:45 AM

Yeah, but what's the point in going to Las Vegas if you're not gonna gamble?? It's like oging to Blackpool and not going to the Pleasure Beach...or going to London and not looking at anything!!

Grav 2005-06-02 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenny
Yeah, but what's the point in going to Las Vegas if you're not gonna gamble?? It's like oging to Blackpool and not going to the Pleasure Beach...or going to London and not looking at anything!!

Why would I look at stuff? I go for lukewarm beer! Woohoo!

Sum Yung Guy 2005-06-02 05:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ganga
Life has been shitty for me, I have 3 k to spent. Where should I go and how should I spend?

right now I am thinking about vagas then cali.. but it probally little bit out of my budget.

Come to the red light district in Franfurt, Germany... Ill be there this weekend. Lotsa clubs and uh gentleman establishments.

Sum Yung Guy 2005-06-02 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravitonSurge
Why would I look at stuff? I go for lukewarm beer! Woohoo!

Everyon thinks the beer is lukewarm... thats only for traditional beers, with groups of 50 year olds sitting around bs'ing. If you goto a bar or club with people our age they all drink cold beer.

Lenny 2005-06-02 06:23 AM

You want a proper drink in England?? The ales from the southern counties are supposedly some of the best...and they are all chilled.

Grav 2005-06-02 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sum Yung Guy
Everyon thinks the beer is lukewarm... thats only for traditional beers, with groups of 50 year olds sitting around bs'ing. If you goto a bar or club with people our age they all drink cold beer.

Heh. I don't drink beer, regardless. I find it repulsive. Most hard liquor is acceptable, though.

Jamesadin 2005-06-02 03:55 PM

You know whats delish? Canadian beer!

Medieval Bob 2005-06-02 04:02 PM

It's all good after the 7th or 8th one.

I prefer beer bongs.

osmoses-jones 2005-06-03 11:11 AM

japan my friend go to japan