Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Is there anyone we can trust? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28167)

KagomJack 2004-03-30 04:10 PM

Is there anyone we can trust?

Seriously, our "neighbors" are against us, our only allies are Australia, Britain, and Isreal. Muslims hate us, Germans hit us, French hate us, and I think we are kinda screwed. But not just other countries, but our own countrymen are plotting (i know i'm paranoid, but seriously) to attack fellow countrymen. This extends beyond Al-Qaeda cells in america, but to ALF (Animal Liberation Front) and ELF (Earth Liberation Front) [which are both groups that are deemed local terrorists and are funded by PETA] and they attack their own countrymen in their homes and in their research facilities (dedicated to helping find cures for AIDS and Cancer). And also, there are many other terrorists groups inside the US (other than the aforementioned). But yeah, just to think about.

Senesia 2004-03-30 04:13 PM

And you are... the US?

What is this "WE" you are talking about?

RoboticSilence 2004-03-30 04:13 PM

It's the fall of the American Empire and it's nothing new. Bush really fucked us over.

KagomJack 2004-03-30 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoboticSilence
It's the fall of the American Empire and it's nothing new. Bush really fucked us over.

It wasn't just Bush. To leave him the sole blame is just bullshit. Clinton screwed up as well. Several presidents were pigheaded, so don't give Bush the sole blame. And I'm not the US, the US is the United States of America, but the us is me ;)

RoboticSilence 2004-03-30 04:19 PM

I think Clinton was one of the best presidents we've had in a long time. He cleaned up a bunch of the shit left behind by Bush Sr.

KagomJack 2004-03-30 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoboticSilence
I think Clinton was one of the best presidents we've had in a long time. He cleaned up a bunch of the shit left behind by Bush Sr.

Nah, Clinton wasn't the best, he wasn't the worst though. However, he cleaned up little, and he didn't investigate enough in Al Qaeda. Clinton also was more into controversy than actualy duties.

kaos 2004-03-30 04:32 PM

President Kennedy was one of the best.

KagomJack 2004-03-30 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos
President Kennedy was one of the best.

that i agree with

RoboticSilence 2004-03-30 05:01 PM

People gave Clinton a hard time for having sex in office but Kennedy was a rampant womanizer.

Grav 2004-03-30 05:14 PM

We can all trust Joe Pesci.

Demosthenes 2004-03-30 05:15 PM

I must agree. Clinton was one of the better presidents, albeit the fact that he misused our tax money. He's a man, he had an urge, and he had sex. It's no different than what many people would do, yet he takes a lot of flak for it. Besides that, he was a good president.

Penny_Bags 2004-03-30 06:23 PM

And Tub girl.

platnum 2004-03-30 08:02 PM

Bill CLinton was a pimp, and he is closest thing we have ever had to a black president.

Neko 2004-03-30 09:13 PM

It would be cool to reincarnate Abraham Lincoln (my favorite pres)

In responce, no, you can't trust anyone. At some point all of your allies are going to give you the cold shoulder, you can see that in history. We can't confide in ourselves either. Many empires have dissolved as a result of dissent within themselves.

Acer 2004-03-31 12:57 AM

I agree... people look at him for his personal actions and not what he did in office.

Raziel 2004-03-31 01:42 AM

We can trust Canada, to some extent. They talk a big game, but their flag has a fuckin' leaf on it! How tough can they be?

0nyx 2004-03-31 04:32 AM

We all live in the community that is this world, and in the last 50 years so much has changed.

Countries that where at one time no threat to the rest of the world (except to themselves with suicide bombers) are now able to communicate, plot and execute terrorist acts such as 9.11 with aids like the internet and world airlines flying to every destination.

The world we now live in is the most precarious time there has ever been.

Many Countries and people have had to live with the threat of terrorism for Decades even a Centaury or more, America is perhaps now more under threat because the big water that has separated it from such attacks isn't quite so big anymore.

kaos 2004-03-31 08:12 AM

Your right! We need to nuke 'em while we still can!!1

Penny_Bags 2004-03-31 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos
Your right! We need to nuke 'em while we still can!!1

Amen.

Fuck the 10 character limit.

Tyrannicide 2004-03-31 05:17 PM

actaully it isn't really the president. The presidents are like puppets, they are told what to do by the rest of their party.