Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Instruments (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45938)

Wallow 2008-06-04 03:32 PM

Instruments

I was just wondering what instruments everyone played if any.
I play piano and cello

D3V 2008-06-04 03:34 PM

I used to love playing my Acoustic guitar, but it's been a while. My uncle and I played at a cousin's wedding (Honestly, we played while my cousin's wife walked down the aisle, got it on video too :).. (when I was 13)). But I haven't played in probably two years or so, but just about 2 weeks ago my uncle brought over some old Fender electric guitar and said that I could have it, apparently he found it in a storage area or something and didn't want it, so I may pick it back up again.

Other than that I don't play any other instruments, I can keep a beat going on my brothers drum set, but honestly i'm not near as good as my lil bro, he's going to become famous one day, and I can play when the saints go marching in on piano, and that's it.

Lenny 2008-06-04 04:28 PM

I've got a guitar (bloody expensive, too! £250, but it's a good guitar - left-handed, electro-acoustic, Fender), which I never got round to learning how to play.

I've got a Violin (ah, ye olde Viledin, how I despise thee) which I abhor.

I used to play the Clarinet.

I can tinkle out a tune with both hands on the Piano.

And I'm a Grade 7 standard Trumpet player (main instrument).

-Spector- 2008-06-05 01:34 PM

I play the drums and a little piano.. I've been in 2 bands, one of them was very succcessful and had some of our stuff played on the local radio a few times. Unfortunately when the members of the band got girlfriends, the females took over and practice never took place anymore.

Girls = no more band. :(

D3V 2008-06-05 01:38 PM

Girls = no more life, it's been like that since the dawn of time. I'm wanting to pick up the guitar more and more lately.. Hmph.

jamer123 2008-06-05 07:39 PM

i play the trumbone my friends call it a trumboner lol i really want to play electric guitar but i have no money for it that sucks and i would need lessons so a total of a thousand us dollars i do not have and d3v go do your self

Coriander 2008-06-05 08:50 PM

Jamer...You don't need to pay for lessons, and a good guitar isn't A thousand us dollars. I'm using a simple PDF guitar tutorial and in 2 days I've masted about four chords.

Wed-G 2008-06-09 08:10 PM

I play guitar, piano, some drums and I scream. I've been doing all except scream for about 5 years. I mainly play metal.

MidnightsChorus 2008-06-10 12:02 PM

I play a bit of piano. Always wish that i had practiced more when i was younger though. Its more difficult for me to stay committed to playing now.

-Spector- 2008-06-10 06:51 PM

Screaming = No vocal capabilities by the time you're 40.

Might as well just start smoking. :p

MidnightsChorus 2008-06-14 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Spector-
Screaming = No vocal capabilities by the time you're 40.

Though there is a risk of damaging your voice, there is a way to do it where that won't happen. There are some bands out there whose lead vocalists are 40 or so and still screaming.

Asamin 2008-06-14 02:12 PM

Violin, guitar, mandolin, flute, trombone, penny whistle, borhan. I think that is it.

Jamesadin 2008-06-15 11:56 AM

Guitar, trombone, drums and some bass.

Willkillforfood 2008-06-15 12:37 PM

Who'd want to scream that long? It's fucking annoying.

MidnightsChorus 2008-06-15 10:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Willkillforfood
Who'd want to scream that long? It's fucking annoying.

That's just in your opinion. I don't mind it at all. My brother screams in a band and its pretty awesome to me.

Coriander 2008-06-15 10:21 PM

Screaming is annoying as hearing a baby cry in wal-mart.

MidnightsChorus 2008-06-15 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coriander
Screaming is annoying as hearing a baby cry in wal-mart.

To some people, yes, I suppose it would be. However, to some, it can be beautiful. Everyone has different tastes in music.

Coriander 2008-06-16 02:19 PM

Jamer......Spam goes in the WRT.... what does 'Like your moms' have anything to do with this thread! Anywho.. The instruments I am learning are Piano and Guitar.

D3V 2008-11-19 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MidnightsChorus (Post 641272)
To some people, yes, I suppose it would be. However, to some, it can be beautiful. Everyone has different tastes in music.

I used to be 100% against screaming and could never understand why anyone would want to listen to it. But starting with older Red Jumpsuit kidna 'weened' me into having a better appreciation for screaming, and now I can listen to hatebreed and atreyu without even giving a damn. It's an acquired taste, I'd say.

And on another note, I've been pretty steadily strumming the past few days again, I wish I had a good camera to record some of the shit I can play, possibly even post some tutorials.