Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diablo I & II (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   did i just get hacked!? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28893)

supaflip_69 2004-05-01 05:17 PM

did i just get hacked!?

ok..i was baaling in all 90 + baal game..and just b4 minions i was teleporting around and killing some guys...it was a full game..then all of a sudden..i check my inventory and my main weapon is gone!?..there goes my perfect hoto (not really too expensive..but what the heck). i was running zpickit...could someone have done something in the game to make me drop my item?..i know that there were 3 other ppl in that game running pickit
ok..so i leave the game..and i re-login to battle.net...when i login..everything look's fucked up!..the chat screen where avatars are at the bottom, are hovering over all of the bottom...and it's stuck like that..until i fully re-start diablo...wtf is going on...did i just get hacked?

HandOfHeaven 2004-05-01 05:37 PM

You might have. Try running Diablo without any other programs like pickit. Post back what you see.

zagggon 2004-05-01 05:48 PM

I dun use pickit cuzz it's a hack. The good thing about not using a hack like pickit is when something like this happens you can beg blizz to restore your stuff which has worked in the past for many people. However when you use lazy little douchbag hacks like pickit you do not have the liberty of crying to blizz, try it and tell them you had pickit on, they will laugh at you.

supaflip_69 2004-05-01 06:29 PM

my cuz told me that maybe the hoto just "disappeared" because the vex was probably duped...also...pickit would have said "hoto dropped" right?...but pickit didn't say that the hoto dropped...so it can't be some kind of drop hack...i'm leaning more towards the idea that the vex rune was duped..but i've had this hoto for some time now..but i do remember trading for it around the same time that ppl were talking about a whole bunch of "zod" runes being duped and "zod's" were worthless

kaos 2004-05-01 06:44 PM

Yeah, most likely duped runes.

supaflip_69 2004-05-01 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos
Yeah, most likely duped runes.

ic...anyways...i made myself a vex rune just now...got a gul from pindlebot..an ist from my cuz and another ist from 2x mal...then those 2 ists into 2 guls..then those two guls into a vex...that way...i know that it will not disappear..but..sucky thing is that it's only a 36 hoto..the 1 that "got away" was a 38 hoto

!King_Amazon! 2004-05-01 07:19 PM

I know this sounds stupid but try hitting W, maybe you accidently switched.

supaflip_69 2004-05-01 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon!
I know this sounds stupid but try hitting W, maybe you accidently switched.

lol..that's all i have to say about that

`Insolence` 2004-05-01 08:46 PM

Zagggon, you're an idiot.

I don't think anyone has actually gotten blizz to restore items for you, you use d2jsp which is MUCH worse than pickit.

supaflip_69 2004-05-02 06:05 AM

lol..i just want to know if this has actually happend to anyone else...the part when you re-connect..the characters (avatars) are hovering over everything

-Spector- 2004-05-02 07:49 AM

no, but i have had my weapons and items im wearing just dissapear. And i doubt that pickit would say hoto dropped, because it cant be dropped by a monster so there would basically be no point cause whats the chance that someone drops a hoto? and if you did drop the hoto, someoen in the game would be like OMFG I JUS FOUN LEET HOTO FROM BIG MONSTER and then you would have known that you dropped it.

blckshdwdragon 2004-05-02 08:52 PM

i dunno what happened but some ppl are stupid/careless cuz my clan member claimed to have picked up a perf hoto that someone dropped in a baal run O_o.. some time ago

but any who duped runes socketed into something = item id code from the thing u socket into an armor = that rune/jewel/gem wont make it poof