Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diablo I & II (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   mf barb (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=28295)

osmoses-jones 2004-04-05 10:49 AM

i need help on barbarian build

can someone tell me a build for a mf barbarian can do mf from andy to baal in hell with out dying and tell me what stats and skill this what i have for him

weapon1
gf
weapon2
2xalibaba on switch
armor
skullder
rings
2xperfect nagel
ammy
don't have any barb ammy
gloves
perfect chancie
boots
war traver
shield
ss eagis
and plz tell me what best mf % i can have to get better stuff thanx alot for your help

kaos 2004-04-05 11:33 AM

You're dead.

BlackKnight 2004-04-05 11:47 AM

you should have about 450mf,i mean this is the beset...

osmoses-jones 2004-04-06 02:20 AM

mf barb

i need build for a mf barb plz that can do hell bosses solo plz tell me

Sovereign 2004-04-06 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by osmoses-jones
i need build for a mf barb plz that can do hell bosses solo plz tell me

Item build or skill build?

tidus2005 2004-04-06 08:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaos
You're dead.

i would have to agree with that setup you will probably die alot triying to kill the bosses. but anyway for barb skills i would max whirl wind, battle orders, sword mastery, then some in beserk or concentration. i would recommend getting some ll to help you stay alive.

BlackKnight 2004-04-06 11:25 AM

why not both?^^

Sovereign 2004-04-06 03:21 PM

Because im to lazy to type up both, so i will recommend an item build. Someone else do the skill build.

Helm=Ptopaz Harlequin Crest SHako
Weapon= eth BOTD CB
Armor= Enigma Dusk Shroud
Boots= Perfect War Travs
Gloves= i forgot the names, chance guard or something? The mf gloves, perfect is pref
ammy= High mf ammy (anyone:rare, elite etc)
belt= Goldwrap belt ( i think thats what it is)
Rings= Well...any high mf ring. Whatever you can get your hands on.

INventory= Gheeds charm if your on ladder. But be sure to fill your inventory up with (this is preferable, there are lower mf's on these charms as well) 7 smfc.

Demosthenes 2017-01-11 04:22 PM

You should go mf sorc way better than mf barb.

!King_Amazon! 2017-01-12 10:18 AM

Nah mate, fishymancer is where it's at.

Asamin 2017-01-24 12:48 PM

Come on, we all know a chain lightning or blizz sorc is the best, cheap mfer you can make.

!King_Amazon! 2017-01-24 09:15 PM

Nah mate, fishymancer is just as cheap and more viable since it doesn't have to deal with resists so much. Fishymancer in pretty cheap MF gear can do hell worldstone keep runs and get leet drops. Any variation of sorc is gonna have trouble with that, even in top-tier non-MF gear.

Asamin 2017-01-25 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 705633)
Nah mate, fishymancer is just as cheap and more viable since it doesn't have to deal with resists so much. Fishymancer in pretty cheap MF gear can do hell worldstone keep runs and get leet drops. Any variation of sorc is gonna have trouble with that, even in top-tier non-MF gear.

Yeah but you're entirely reliant on getting those first kills and having to build an army every time you do a run. Plus you're missing telly without the runeword, which we all know is not cheap.

!King_Amazon! 2017-01-25 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asamin (Post 705635)
Yeah but you're entirely reliant on getting those first kills and having to build an army every time you do a run.

True, it's a definite down-side, though it is pretty easily overcome with a half-decent merc in the cold plains. Once you have a couple of skeletons the rest come easy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asamin (Post 705635)
Plus you're missing telly without the runeword, which we all know is not cheap.

Also true, but you don't have to have teleport to be viable with a fishymancer, it just helps immensely. You could still very easily do worldstone keep runs without it and buy an enigma with all of the leet drops you get. Enigma isn't all that expensive, after all. It only requires two "high runes" to make, so you can get cheap ones for not much more than that or just make your own.

One big point FOR fishymancer, IMO, is the game creation limit you almost certainly run into with a sorc, especially once you get good and have decent gear. Sorc runs are much faster, meaning you have to create games much faster, and often end up getting temporary bans for creating too many games too quickly. Worldstone keep runs on a fishymancer on the other hand take much longer (since you literally clear WSK2, 3, and the throne/baal) so this is never an issue.

If all you care about is doing meph runs or something, then yeah a sorc should be your go-to. But a fishymancer can do literally anything, including clearing high-level areas that a Sorc isn't going to have fun trying to deal with if they even have the ability to. And in basic gear.

-Spector- 2017-01-28 10:49 AM

fire sorc

!King_Amazon! 2017-01-31 12:11 AM

What are you gonna run on that fire sorc? Meph? So I guess you're cool with not being able to find most of the best items or any high runes. That's cool.

Kazilla 2017-02-01 04:54 PM

Isn't andy incredibly weak to fire?

Demosthenes 2017-02-01 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 705639)
What are you gonna run on that fire sorc? Meph? So I guess you're cool with not being able to find most of the best items or any high runes. That's cool.

Pindleskin's where it's at, boiiii!!!!

!King_Amazon! 2017-02-01 11:38 PM

Too bad Pindleskin's TC was lowered in like 1.10 so he can't drop a lot of stuff. Plus he is randomly immune to things so have fun with that!

!King_Amazon! 2017-02-01 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazilla (Post 705640)
Isn't andy incredibly weak to fire?

Yeah but only worth running for SOJs. She obviously can't drop a lot of stuff in the game which is the same problem I mentioned with meph, and IIRC if you are gonna do andy runs it is better to do it on NM anyway. But yeah a meteor sorc would be great for Andy runs. I never said they were useless, just that they can't really do content that can actually drop most or all items in the game or any high runes of note.