Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   How are you voting? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46734)

Kazilla 2008-09-07 10:20 PM

How are you voting?

Republican or Democrat?

Even if you aren't registered, or dont know either canidates side or point of views, even if you do have all the knowledge you need to form a complete vote. Lets just see what the community thinks.

edit...

i should have put another option up there for undecided or w/e that last one is independent? sorry about that

Draco2003 2008-09-07 10:23 PM

I am decidedly staying out of this election. Being as it seems Obama is going to win anyways, and it would take a fucking miracle for McCain to win.

I seem to have missed much, that I don't care to catch up on within the next month or two... I'll see how Obama is as president, then I'll go from there.

Should McCain somehow manage to get into office, I will have no faith in America, and move to another country. Australia maybe, because they are ALWAYS independant... or Britain for the autobahn...

Kazilla 2008-09-07 10:25 PM

why does it seem that everyone hate McCain? I dont know logistics of it, so this thread oculd be a good spot to also throw some points of interest out there for those of us that are ill-informed.

Draco2003 2008-09-07 10:28 PM

McCain just seems fake. His biggest thing, from what I understand, is his time spent as a POW.

!King_Amazon! 2008-09-08 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazilla (Post 650567)
why does it seem that everyone hate McCain? I dont know logistics of it, so this thread oculd be a good spot to also throw some points of interest out there for those of us that are ill-informed.

McCain is Bush. Same guy. Different face.

I don't think people should even be allowed to vote if they don't know anything about either candidate. People like that are the reason why idiots like Bush get elected.

Kazilla 2008-09-08 03:32 AM

perhaps in the actual election. irregardless of how much you know, you have heard one or the other speak at some point. perhaps you liked what you heard, or feel he speaks well. i wouldnt dare vote in the actual election, i dont even know the difference between republican and democrat ;)

Wallow 2008-09-08 04:19 AM

My dad votes for who appeals to him most. In this case, Barrack Obama showed the best views. Sadly some people don't care what the candidates think and vote by party.

jamer123 2008-09-08 04:25 AM

ill vote for nether because both seem to be like a horid president if one of them win

D3V 2008-09-08 06:29 AM

I think it's pretty apparent who I'm voting for. It's very simple too as K_A pointed out, McCain = Bush. Bush = worst president in history, this is an easy case AGAINST McCain. But even more-so, I like Obama, and am Pro-Obama rather than just Anti-McCain.

Tuttifrutti 2008-09-08 06:32 AM

lol jamer you cant vote anyways, and i cant either for that matter, so i'm not gonna bother with my opinion :P

Kazilla 2008-09-08 06:42 AM

what arent some of you understanding is, this is mostly for opinion - i think a handful of the people here are actually registered voters... state your opinion, let zelaron make it be heard that obama or mccain should reign glorious!

D3V 2008-09-08 06:50 AM

It shouldn't even be about reigning glorious. Our country is in shambles, this election is about the future of America. We can't just vote on somebody that says one thing and does another. McCain is now trying to say they will bring change, Are you serious???..!!

McCain has voted against Renewable energy for the past 25 years while being in the Senate.

Palin is not qualified to be VP, or President. She states that selling a plane on Ebay is qualifying her as experience for being VP.

The Obama/Biden ticket is brilliant, and it's exactly what our country needs.

!King_Amazon! 2008-09-08 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazilla (Post 650574)
perhaps in the actual election. irregardless of how much you know, you have heard one or the other speak at some point. perhaps you liked what you heard, or feel he speaks well. i wouldnt dare vote in the actual election, i dont even know the difference between republican and democrat ;)

Hitler was probably one of the best orators ever. Just go watch some of his speeches and see how worked up the crowds get.

That's pretty much why I think people need to actually know a little something about who/what they are voting for. Just because someone speaks well (including Obama) doesn't mean they're automatically god-like. In the case of politicians, I would actually be more wary of someone who speaks well. Luckily, it doesn't seem as though Obama is the sort that is just talking nicely so he can get the crowd behind him. He actually seems to have a lot of really good plans, though they might be a bit overly ambitious. I don't expect that he will deliver EVERYTHING that he's promising, because I don't see how it's even possible.

Thanatos 2008-09-08 07:48 AM

Obama x 10.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4DrL8-UA4U

15 seconds in: "I have agreed with President Bush over 90% of the time."

Lenny 2008-09-08 08:37 AM

I've said it countless times, but I want to say it again - if I were American, I'd be voting for Obama. I admit that I couldn't state a single one of his policies, but I couldn't be doing with a religious man in office (no offence to religious folks) who lets his religion interfere with politics. In this day and age, religion and politics should be kept separate.

Oh, and I'd kill myself before voting for someone with Sarah Palin as a running mate! I've done a bit of research, and what I've read about her makes me dislike her more and more.

Goebbels was a very good speaker, too. Maybe not quite as good as Hitler, but he was definitely up there.

Jessifer 2008-09-08 09:15 AM

Simple solution. Fly to the US, get you're citizenship, register to vote, and vote for Obama like the rest of us.

Simple!

Chruser 2008-09-08 09:26 AM

If you live in, say, Texas, and support Obama, is there any (realistic) point in voting?

!King_Amazon! 2008-09-08 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chruser (Post 650646)
If you live in, say, Texas, and support Obama, is there any (realistic) point in voting?

Now? Maybe. Even republicans are starting to switch over. Probably more than there have been in a long time.

Willkillforfood 2008-09-08 12:51 PM

Texas is closer to going Democrat than it has been for a while. It's less than a 10 point difference.

D3V 2008-09-08 01:29 PM

Florida is also getting much better abuout their Democratic base, it seems like the educated population are coming out in droves to make a change.