Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Forum News, Suggestions and Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   De-Mod Yawgmoth? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46225)

-Spector- 2008-06-27 08:00 PM

De-Mod Yawgmoth?

This poll is private, so vote as you will.

If you wish to state your opinion on the matter, that would be excellent. ;)

WetWired 2008-06-27 08:02 PM

I think it's too soon to make a judgement. In a situation like this, sparks are almost guaranteed; that doesn't mean it can't work out in the long run.

Slim 2008-06-27 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired (Post 642631)
I think it's too soon to make a judgement. In a situation like this, sparks are almost guaranteed; that doesn't mean it can't work out in the long run.

No, it was too soon to make him a mod. De-mod him, let him hang around as one of the regular Joe's. IF, and only if, he can prove himself to be a decent member should he even be CONSIDERED for a mod. Seriously, had he even made a post before Chruser got Mod-happy over him?

WetWired 2008-06-27 08:18 PM

IIRC, I started an aquaintence out as a S. Mod and it turned out pretty well.

I, too, was quite surprised by Yawgmoth's moding and dislike the situation, too, but that doesn't mean it can't work.

Slim 2008-06-27 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired (Post 642637)

I, too, was quite surprised by Yawgmoth's moding and dislike the situation, too, but that doesn't mean it can't work.

No, that doesn't mean it can't work, but did you start off making everyone hate you?

WetWired 2008-06-27 08:20 PM

Yes, he did. Generally, people automatically hate you when you leapfrog them to a staff position.

Slim 2008-06-27 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired (Post 642637)

No, that doesn't mean it can't work, but you didn't start off making damn near the entire board hate you, did you? Sure, things might work out, but at this stage in the game things are much more likely to devolve into claims of power abuse and personally. The best recourse as I see it would be to de-mod, and let him earn the position as all the rest of Zel's current mods have. If it's felt he's up to snuff I have no problems with it. But right now he's too much of an X-factor.

Edit: Sorry for what is essentially a double-post. I can't for the life of me find the delete button..

WetWired 2008-06-27 08:27 PM

Myself, I climbed to power legitimately. This is about a different member that I brought on as staff with virtually no time as a normal member. People claimed he was power hungry, etc. at first too, but eventually he became a respected member of the staff.

HandOfHeaven 2008-06-27 08:28 PM

I don't think this is the case. His ideals don't really match with everyone's here, and I think he takes this forum way too seriously. This is a gaming forum, and therefore should be a more fun environment, with some restrictions of course.

Slim, you're right. He should prove himself to work for the good of this forum. In my eyes right now, he wants to mold and shape it to his way, which is contrary to what most of the member base wants. Why do you think -Spector- made this thread?

Slim 2008-06-27 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired (Post 642639)
Yes, he did. Generally, people automatically hate you when you leapfrog them to a staff position.

True enough, but I don't think most of us have our ire up because he's a nobody that got a staff position. It's because he's a rather large prick who happens to have a staff position for some reason unbeknownst to us.

WetWired 2008-06-27 08:36 PM

Regardless, it's Chruser, not I, that you have to convince. Myself, I wouldn't have staffed a member so quickly again for the reasons illustrated now and in the past, but that was Chruser's decision.

Slim 2008-06-27 08:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired (Post 642651)
Regardless, it's Chruser, not I, that you have to convince. Myself, I wouldn't have staffed a member so quickly again for the reasons illustrated now and in the past, but that was Chruser's decision.

I know this, and I'm not trying to jump down your throat with all this by any means, I'm just throwing it all out there for consideration.

Chruser 2008-06-27 08:58 PM

I have known Yawgmoth in real life for years, and I have no doubt that he means the best for Zelaron. His goals are indubitably to improve our community and to make it more popular, populated and thus more active. He is, however, very impatient with stagnation and resistance to experimentation and change, which I personally find to be a good quality, although it has a tendency to aggravate others.

Our goals are shared, but our strategies may vary. The ideas and provocations for beneficial changes which he grant us are definitely among the reasons why I am convinced that he should remain in the Zelaron administration.

!King_Amazon! 2008-06-27 09:20 PM

And what of the reasons why he shouldn't?

Chruser 2008-06-27 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 642664)
And what of the reasons why he shouldn't?

1: Yawgmoth was given a Supreme Moderator position too soon!

Was he? He may not have been a Zelaron member for more than a year and a month, which is part of what makes him ideal for his job: He hasn't been biased by experiencing how things "should work" from our perspective.

2: "IF, and only if he can prove himself to be a decent member should he even be CONSIDERED for a mod"

How does the quality of being a dazzling display of decency relate to the ability of creating useful improvements for a community?

3: "The best recourse as I see it would be to de-mod, and let him earn the position as all the rest of Zel's current mods have."

Refer to #1. We need at least one staff member without as much experience as the rest.

4: "His ideals don't really match with everyone's here"

Differences in ideals leads to conflict and ideation. Occasional disagreement is a small price to pay for finding new, creative approaches to things. Also, conformity is a rarely seen quality in innovators and criminals alike. Why do you think members of both groups were commonly subject to the death penalty in the past?

5: "He takes this forum way too seriously"

How is that a problem? Refer to #4.

6: "He should prove himself to work for the good of this forum"

Point taken. It should, however, be noted that the desirous changes Yawgmoth likely will bring are not expected to be instantaneous. Zelaron has stagnated in a number of ways. It defies change, and change is Yawgmoth's forte. Conservatism is not intrinsically advantageous, thus arbitrary referrals to it are absurd.

Should his work prove continuously otiose, it would be reasonable to deprive him of his Supreme Moderator status.

7: "He's a rather large prick who happens to have a staff position for some reason unbeknownst to us"

Refer to my previous post and my responses to #1 and #4.

Hit me with whatever reasons to demod Yawgmoth that I missed. Furthermore, as I recently told -Spector- via AIM, if rational reasons are presented which outweigh the advantages of keeping Yawgmoth as a Supreme Moderator, he will be demodded without hesitation.

HandOfHeaven 2008-06-27 10:17 PM

Well, it's rather hard to persuade someone with biases of his own to de-mod Yawgmoth.

Coriander 2008-06-27 10:20 PM

Yawgmoths ideals are way to radical. He practically came in here and said "This is how I want things done, and want it done now, and you're going to listen or I will ban you for it."

-Spector- 2008-06-27 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coriander (Post 642675)
Yawgmoths ideals are way to radical. He practically came in here and said "This is how I want things done, and want it done now, and you're going to listen or I will ban you for it."

That's the feeling I was trying to convey.

Chruser 2008-06-27 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HandOfHeaven (Post 642673)
Well, it's rather hard to persuade someone with biases of his own to de-mod Yawgmoth.

Should biases impair my capacity for rational thought to a significant extent, then yes, evidently. While Argumentum ad Populum is normally a fallacy, I may, however, not be thoroughly impervious to popular beseechment.

Coriander 2008-06-27 10:42 PM

All Yawgmoth has done since recieve his S-Mod position is whine about how were doing everything wrong. No more talk about jews in posts, no more adding little bitty jokes about anything that doesn't contribute to the topic. If this forum gets over-run by little pricks like that, I'm out.