Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Opinion and Debate (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=332)
-   -   Homosexuality: Is it a choice? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40477)

KagomJack 2006-09-03 02:16 PM

Homosexuality: Is it a choice?

Obviously I believe it's something that we're born with. Very rarely is one's sexuality a chosen thing. But I'd like to see your opinion and maybe debate the opposing side's view.

Lenny 2006-09-03 02:55 PM

I'd honestly say it's more nuture, than nature.

But then again, there's that weird statistic that says "For every boy child you have, there's a third more chance that the next boy child is homosexual."

I don't know why... but it might be something to do with being around lads so much that you start to feel attracted to them. There's definitely something happening like that in all Boys/Girls schools - quite a few people who go to single-sex schools turn out homosexual.

Sum Yung Guy 2006-09-03 03:19 PM

Its probally a bad habit, like smoking.

KagomJack 2006-09-03 03:59 PM

According to what statistic, Lenny?

Willkillforfood 2006-09-03 08:46 PM

There's actually been noticeable changes in the difference in the brains of heterosexual and homosexual animals. May be the same with humans.

gruesomeBODY 2006-09-03 09:26 PM

Well if you think homosexuality is something that people are born with, then how do u explain, by-sexuality? I think its more choice then anything. That, plus a chemical inbalance in the person's body. (IE- guys have more estrogen which leads them to be more attracted to guys, women have more testostorine (sp) which attracts them to other women) (THis is all what i have been taught, so if i am wrong about something, please let me know and dont bash me to hard)

Thanatos 2006-09-03 10:02 PM

If you're religious, then no.. homosexuality is definitely a choice. Why would God create homosexuals when it clearly states in the Bible the evils of homosexuality. I'm not that religious.. I don't believe everything in the Bible, I mean it's people telling stories of Jesus, of course things are gonna be exagerated.

BUT, I think homosexuality is a choice. Do you honestly see kids displaying homosexual traits when they're younger? Hardly.

KagomJack 2006-09-03 10:26 PM

I can honestly say I did as a child and a few others I know did too.

gruesome: bisexuality is just weird. I think it is something that's inherent otherwise.

Lenny 2006-09-04 01:19 PM

Quote:

A boy's chances of growing up gay increase with the number of older brothers he has, and the Canadian researcher who spotted the trend a decade ago now believes he is closer to explaining why: It all starts in the womb.

Brock University psychologist Anthony Bogaert first reported in 1996 the startling finding that a boy's probability of growing up gay increases by about one-third with each older brother in his family. It's a subtle phenomenon -- nearly all boys even in large families still grow up straight -- but subsequent research has affirmed that the "fraternal birth order effect" is real.
http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cg...L&type=science

That one. :p

Atnas 2006-09-04 02:07 PM

I believe in what grousome said, because it only makes sense. Eating foods while you are pregnant that contain hormones could do it, like if a cow is given growth hormones.

KagomJack 2006-09-04 04:14 PM

Maybe I should be more specific: the statistic behind the all boys/girls school.

Willkillforfood 2006-09-04 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanatos
If you're religious, then no.. homosexuality is definitely a choice. Why would God create homosexuals when it clearly states in the Bible the evils of homosexuality. I'm not that religious.. I don't believe everything in the Bible, I mean it's people telling stories of Jesus, of course things are gonna be exagerated.

BUT, I think homosexuality is a choice. Do you honestly see kids displaying homosexual traits when they're younger? Hardly.

Who says the traits have to be displayed? If you're a kid and taught something is wrong then you'll avoid it in order to avoid punishment. Also perhaps it isn't as noticeable at a young age and as the child matures emotionally it becomes more and more apparent with time that they are attracted to members of the same sex.

I can tell you I've never made a "choice" to be straight. It's just how I've always been. Could it then not be the same for homosexuals? Does it really make much sense to expect someone's sexual preference to be simply "Hmm, I want to like boys" or "I want to like girls." It doesn't seem so simple to me, but that's just me. I'm sure the environment the child grows up in would have some sort of effect on it (but that doesn't make it the child's choice by any means) ...like if a boy is molested by a man they may be more likely to be homosexual ...but I really doubt every gay male was molested as a child so there has to be something else.

Lenny 2006-09-05 11:30 AM

I'm just going off urban legends, there. :p You know people say that. It's a stereotype more than anything, most probably.

The first statistic is true, though.

Sovereign 2006-09-05 12:49 PM

Can anyoen get a hold of kuja. I want him to post in this thread.

JRwakebord 2006-09-05 01:12 PM

Not a choice. You're born the way you are.

xombie_love 2006-09-05 01:45 PM

well i am not sure, but i think you are born with it. i had a friend once who was gay and i can not imagine him beeing heterosexual, just doesnt feel right. :p

bewitched 2006-09-05 01:54 PM

well, I also think that you are born with it.
because when I see that one kid in my kindergarten, she is acting like a boy and if you ask her if she is a girl or a boy she always says " I´m a boy". She just likes her hair short, she is just wearing pants etc.
I´m pretty sure she is born in the wrong body.
Or we also had this one boy, he acted like a girl and he liked girly coulours. like pink.

Atnas 2006-09-05 02:06 PM

Pink is very manly.

bewitched 2006-09-05 02:10 PM

oh really?
So you would wear a pink shirt? :weird:

JRwakebord 2006-09-05 02:13 PM

I do. On a fairly regular basis.