Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   NFL Playoffs (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47947)

Titusfied 2009-01-05 10:19 AM

NFL Playoffs

Well, the Wild Card round is officially over, and only two Zelaron member's teams are still in it! That's right, the Giants and my Eagles, and after this week, only 1 will remain. It's going to be a tough game, and if the windy, cold weather has anything to say about things, it's going to be a grinding running game, and if it comes to that, the Giants are probably going to win unless the Eagles defense can force turnovers. Could be interested.

Sorry Thanatos, there's always next year.... Haha! That's what you get for disrespecting the Eagles last week and saying you weren't rooting for them. Peyton Manning is the league MVP, but he seemed to have gone back to his old clutch game choke artist self. We'll see if McNabb can join him...

Thanatos 2009-01-05 10:37 AM

How did Peyton choke? Can you please explain that to me? I keep hearing around the Internet that Peyton choked once again, he's so overrated, he didn't deserve to be MVP, etc etc. We got assfucked by the refs in OT, giving the Chargers 3 first downs on their scoring drive, Darren Sproles could not be stopped, San Diego's punter nailed us within 20-yard line 6 different fucking times and we lost the coin flip in OT.

How does that = Peyton choking? Peyton was 25/42 for 310 yards 1 TD 0 INT.

You've pissed me off. Fuck the Eagles.

Titusfied 2009-01-05 11:57 AM

Well, I wouldn't call his performance spectacular or anything either, especially considering the ONE play where Wayne went 72 yards to the house was due to a major defensive fuck up by the Chargers. Cromartie was walking off the damn field and all the sudden Reggie Wayne goes running past him. So take that away and you have a stat line of 230 yards or so and zero TDs. Sweet day! Way to not be a choke, league MVP.

Thanatos 2009-01-05 01:12 PM

There's only so much one man can do for his football team. It doesn't matter, though. Peyton Manning, who will inevitably be a HoFer, will be known as one of the best QBs to ever play the game.

D3V 2009-01-05 02:24 PM

They should've posted this up in Peyton's locker

http://www.babble.com/CS/blogs/strol...08-15/heim.gif

Titusfied 2009-01-06 07:51 AM

No doubt about it. I'd rather have him in a heartbeat over Donovan McNabb, that's for sure. If you guys had a better defense, this is an entirely different team, and you'd undoubtedly have more than 1 SB under your belt.

Xenn 2009-01-11 06:07 PM

Philly vs Pitt in the superbowl?

Asamin 2009-01-11 08:39 PM

No matter who wins, PA is happy. Lol

HandOfHeaven 2009-01-11 08:48 PM

Fuck that, Kurt Warner and the Cards are going to conquer Philly, and then Pittsburgh in the Super Bowl.

quikspy67 2009-01-11 09:41 PM

Lets go McNabb!

D3V 2009-01-12 11:22 AM

Damn. Quite honestly, I haven't been watching the playoffs, but it looks like now might be a good time to tune in. Even better, I hear Tony Dungy is going to retire today.. lulz.

Thanatos 2009-01-12 12:04 PM

Yeah Dungy is retiring today, but it's all good. I have confidence in our backup, he's been with Dungy for a really long time now so he knows the system. Time to move on.

With that said, GO CARDS.

D3V 2009-01-12 12:27 PM

Yeah, I agree. Go Cards.

Asamin 2009-01-12 01:00 PM

I don't like the color red.... Go Eagles or whoever is playing the Cards!!!!

gruesomeBODY 2009-01-12 05:14 PM

Well, where to start. I went to the game yesterday and should have known in the first 20 minutes that i was there things werent going to be right. Maybe it was the old man peeing on my friends cooler, or the Philly fan punching my friend in the face, i saw the Giants dimise during the pregame warmups as 5 Giant receivers dropped balls in 5 straight plays. That and watching the OLine get pushed around by the Def.

Anyways, neither team played well, but its obvious that the 10 degree weather (probably colder because of the freaken wind) played amajor role in why both teams played like crap. Granted, the Giants played 3000000 times worse then the Eagles.

In all, i was still drunk from game (went to work and my boss just let me do my own thing today) and finally just started my hangover as of 20 miuntes ago. I will give my congrats to the Eagles for a nice season and wish future luck in the upcoming games. Although i hate them so i wish Arizona just wins out so i can stop reading "the Giants are fluke threads" all over the ESPN boards.

Ill be coming out with a mock draft soon so keep it real homies.

D3V 2009-01-13 09:20 AM

People that say the Giants were a fluke this season, and their SB win last year was a fluke are just stupid and ignorant. Saying that any team in the NFL is a fluke, ever, is just stupid. You can't deny success of certain teams, because at the time of them winning they are obviously better than the teams they beat at the time.

Titusfied 2009-01-13 09:33 AM

Gotta love how I whole-heartedly rooted for the Colts and Jags this year, but obviously not the Giants (Though I gave them props all season), and you 3 nit-wits (well, 2 really) are rooting for the Cardinals because your jealous/mad/etc. I remember rooting for your teams no matter how bad or good my Eagles were playing, and now that you don't remain, the true colors come out. A bunch of losers you are, as far as I'm concerned. Seriously.

I hope we beat the Cards, take the Super Bowl, and I can officially rub in your faces.

Thanatos 2009-01-13 10:30 AM

I'm only rooting for the Cardinals because I was born and raised in Arizona and grew up a Cardinals fan.. back when they were complete shit (and they have been complete shit for about 50 years). I have to root for them this game. Sorry ditus.

D3V 2009-01-13 10:41 AM

Nit-wit? I've never liked the Eagles. I'm a slight McNabb fan, but even at this point don't care anymore. I've been a cards fan since FSU's old receiver Anquan Boldin made the jump to their team. Just because you pulled for our teams doesn't mean anyone has to pull for your Eagles. Not only is your team's fanbase filled with giant douche-canoes, but the entire city of brotherly love is entirely false.

I honestly could really care less who wins at this point, but I figure I might as well pull for the Cardinals.

Titusfied 2009-01-13 01:10 PM

That's the beauty genius. You're like the guy that explains jokes to others that already understand and laughed at the appropriate time. I love how you were both Cardinal fans for whatever reason in the past, but never mentioned it until now.