Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   RPGMaker (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   [RM2K3] Summon and Transform (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48019)

Levvyman 2009-01-17 10:58 PM

Summon and Transform

Hey, it just have two questions about rpg maker 2003:
1. Is it possible to make a skill that summons an extra person (e.x. Bahamut)
2. Is it possible to make a skill that transforms an the caster/enemy into something?

Please reply :)

Goodlookinguy 2009-01-18 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levvyman (Post 664956)
Hey, it just have two questions about rpg maker 2003:
1. Is it possible to make a skill that summons an extra person (e.x. Bahamut)
2. Is it possible to make a skill that transforms an the caster/enemy into something?

Please reply :)

Sorry for the late response. Eh, no, I don't think you can do that. With a bit of programming in XP and VX I bet you can. As far as RM2k3 being able to do that, probably not.

We have an RM2k and RM2k3 master. He's better than me with those programs. I'm a master with XP and VX. And in general pretty knowledgeable from 95-VX.

Just wait and see if Wed-G posts, that'll be your definite answer.

Wed-G 2009-01-20 12:43 AM

Yes to the first, a possible yes to the second.

In the database, go to the "Battle Event's" section of the Monster Groups tab and look at the Battle Event's box. Using the trigger "Switch [XXXX] ON" you can use the "Change Party; Add Member" event. Likewise, you can you the "Turns Elapsed" event to remove the summoned character. Or you could just remove that character if it's health reaches a certain point.

For the transform one, I'll have to do some research. Nothing's impossible, really. Just very difficult to do.

EDIT: Possible to "transform" characters, but not monsters.

Wolfturn 2009-01-22 10:13 AM

Wed-G is it possible to create movies with that version of Rpg maker? Like a cutscene type of thing? I want to make one in that version of rpg maker, then bring it over to mah VX

Wed-G 2009-01-22 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfturn (Post 665188)
Wed-G is it possible to create movies with that version of Rpg maker? Like a cutscene type of thing? I want to make one in that version of rpg maker, then bring it over to mah VX

If I understand correctly, I think you wish to make cutscenes in RM2K3 and the play them in VX?

If you played it as a movie, yes. Probably an AVI. I'm not sure if VX natively supports it or not, but I'm sure scripting would be possible.

You'd have to use some form of screen capture program (one with sound) and then compress it to a reasonable size.

It's not very practical, but it's possible.

Wolfturn 2009-01-23 07:27 AM

What i'm trying to do is make a sequel in VX, but have cut scenes of what happened back in the first game. Understand? So i would need the graphics of the first game, and i don't want to transfer the graphics over to VX.

Sorta a cut scene of what happened back when you were on a quest in the first game, get it?

:D

Wed-G 2009-01-23 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wolfturn (Post 665242)
What i'm trying to do is make a sequel in VX, but have cut scenes of what happened back in the first game. Understand? So i would need the graphics of the first game, and i don't want to transfer the graphics over to VX.

Sorta a cut scene of what happened back when you were on a quest in the first game, get it?

:D

You couldn't do it in real-time, you'd have to record a video.