Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diablo I & II (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   When was the last time you're body popped? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34106)

Sovereign 2004-10-25 06:46 AM

When was the last time you're body popped?

I've been hearing that a few people's bod's have been popping recently... when was the last time this happened to you and what did you lose?

Back in .09 was my first and only time it happened. I didn't lose anything. IT was in the hell cow level, i managed to grab all my gear before anyone saw it. died like 9 times trying..

Mydogisyourdog 2004-10-25 07:04 AM

i got scammed out of like a lidless, occy, 21 Viper, Rare boots and gloves, 7/12 soe and tal's helm. I was PISSED.

GEEkZ 2004-10-25 07:15 AM

i popped only once... and it was on open lol :haha: so it didn't really bother me, once that happened tho, i started playing closed.

MysticWonton 2004-10-25 08:06 AM

I popped in 09.. twice.. lost a buriza and skullders and shako and bunch of crap.. then again.. and lost wf and gaze and shaft and blah blah.. then i quit playing for a while.. then i started again.. then quit again.. and now i'm playing again... arghhh still not sure if i should play on us east or west tho... i'm rich on west.. but all my friends that i trusted quit.. :(

Senesia 2004-10-25 10:42 AM

I've never popped, but I (and my party) managed to pop a hexer. He did lose most of his gear, but then he used a normal axe to kill almost everyone afterward.

GEEkZ 2004-10-25 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senesia
but then he used a normal axe to kill almost everyone afterward.

Lol, i'm just picturing a barb with a normal axe killing everyone :haha:

DamonGalos 2004-10-25 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GEEkZ
Lol, i'm just picturing a barb with a normal axe killing everyone :haha:

Hehehe. That is a funny picture and just shows how broken that setup was.

Anyways I've never been popped myself partially because i've always been paranoid about it and had my base str+charms = what i needed and never relying on items to let me carry something. Sure it makes me a little less effective probably in the end but I've never had to even think about someone popping me.

However I've had friends who haven't been so lucky. The worst was when a pal of mine lost an eBotD CS on his barb and that was when i started getting paranoid ( I always wondered how low his str must have been for that barb with the -20% req for a botd and all but given the distress he was in I refrained from poking fun and have never brought it up). He called me up to tell me how the guy swiped it and started taunting him. He was so angry he wanted to call Blizzard (as if they would do anything about it) ...I can't even imagine...

ScamAlot 2004-10-25 12:12 PM

/nopickup

pff... nuubies :( i nevah popped, i always make people pops, 2 ez. wut a shame i cant tell here how, but let me give a SiLeNt hint...

when u have an item on teh cursor, it is considered to be in ur inventory, if it's full... ;)

u cannot have 2 horadric cubez at teh same time

Joka69 2004-10-25 12:44 PM

lol... do.. if ur doin pinlde runs and u click an item then die.. hit esc and u come back and its still on the cursor

wilma 2004-10-25 02:54 PM

i popped twice. Once i well for a scam and lost full ik the other time it just happened and i lost wf and full disciple ^_^

xWolfPack69 2004-10-25 03:13 PM

back in 08 or 09 i forget.. i had a 2soc shako wit havoks, 4soc ss wit havoks, 4 soc valor wit havoks, ith zerker, and some other shit.. kinda pissed me off.. but oh well, its just an online game, i still played and got even godlier :)

Mantralord 2004-10-25 03:28 PM

I think instead of popping, your items should just be deleted when you pop. I'd rather have that than make anyone else happy.

(^_-) 2004-10-25 03:30 PM

popped last saturday lol..lost most of my mf sorc gear tho.

Joka69 2004-10-25 04:31 PM

how the fuck do u pop in 1.10? ne one no?

in .09 i nvr poped.. or .08

GEEkZ 2004-10-25 04:36 PM

I'm also wanting to know how you popped... and you owe me the explanation i just gave u occy and tals armor !

Mydogisyourdog 2004-10-25 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MysticWonton
I popped in 09.. twice.. lost a buriza and skullders and shako and bunch of crap.. then again.. and lost wf and gaze and shaft and blah blah.. then i quit playing for a while.. then i started again.. then quit again.. and now i'm playing again... arghhh still not sure if i should play on us east or west tho... i'm rich on west.. but all my friends that i trusted quit.. :(

care to share some of that wealth? hehe

Sovereign 2004-10-25 05:14 PM

With me too... I have no incentive to start on west even though i want to T_T. I want to peekay me some koreanz

Mydogisyourdog 2004-10-25 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovereign
With me too... I have no incentive to start on west even though i want to T_T. I want to peekay me some koreanz

i can help get you started, but i am not "rich" lol

FF-Take Me Out 2004-10-25 06:09 PM

i heard you pop after being nk'd 15times, on the 15th time you pop and lose everything i think, but that dont make since, cause if you were nk'd you wouldnt have any gear on to pop, also if you r bring nk'd and then decide you wanna be smart and slip on some gear you had in stash, and get killed youll lose everything on it will all fall.

as for sov, i can hook you up with rushes and no items!! i dont mf anymore, i just screw around with my mage from time to time, i can give you some mf gear tho, and you can do as you please with it >_<

Princess_Hibed 2004-10-25 06:23 PM

In 09 I got popped 3 times in a matter of a few days while PKing. Since then I have never PK'd.