Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Science and Art (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=344)
-   -   New Nas album cover (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=44310)

Thanatos 2008-01-03 02:56 PM

New Nas album cover

http://www.defsounds.com/media/418/430/5364/asset.jpg

o_O

D3V 2008-01-03 03:09 PM

Racist.

Edit* Wow, he shockingly looks like Kanye West in that picture.. WTF

kaos 2008-01-03 09:12 PM

Will it be bleeped everytime they say it on TV? That's bad for advertisement. Everyone's gonna be like WTF!!! What's the album called!!?

Kaneda 2008-01-03 09:18 PM

Thats why it's so GREAT for promotion. Duh kaos.

And why not try to look like Kanye. The guy is blowin up right now. Can't hurt right, especially after Nas' shitty comback.

Also, he's trying to be political and racy, but we all know that fucker doesn't read newspapers or thick magazines.

Thanatos 2008-01-04 07:42 AM

At this point, I think Nas is just trying to go for shock value. His "Hip Hop is dead" album didn't do too well and now he has to entitle his next album Nigger?

Could you imagine walking into Best Buy or wherever and asking where this CD is? "Umm excuse me, I'm trying to find the CD called Nigger, can you help me?" What if the employee is black.... bahaha.

I like Nas but this may be going too far.

Demosthenes 2008-01-04 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanatos
At this point, I think Nas is just trying to go for shock value. His "Hip Hop is dead" album didn't do too well and now he has to entitle his next album Nigger?

Quote:

Also, he's trying to be political and racy, but we all know that fucker doesn't read newspapers or thick magazines.
Nas does not need to pull off the Kanye look...he's probably one of the top 10 lyricists of all time. And he's not trying to become political and racy, he's been political and racy since Illimatic. This guy pre-dates almost everyone in the rap game still around. Plus, Hip Hop is Dead hit #1 on the Billboard, is critically acclaimed, and has sold over a million copies. How did it not succeed?

D3V 2008-01-04 01:01 PM

Yeah, I have to agree with MJ, he still puts most current rappers to shame, if not all of them, lyrically genius he is.

Thanatos 2008-01-04 01:23 PM

I must have been thinking of another album. I agree with you guys though, Nas is one of the best rappers of all time.

What do you think about the title of his new album, MJ?

Demosthenes 2008-01-04 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanatos
I must have been thinking of another album. I agree with you guys though, Nas is one of the best rappers of all time.

What do you think about the title of his new album, MJ?

I think it's badass. Even if it is just for the shock value, at least Nas has never compromised the rap itself. If he wants a shocking title to sell albums, more power to him as long as he doesn't compromise the quality of his raps.

Grav 2008-01-04 07:15 PM

So this is confirmed now? It's been the rumored cover for months. I expect another decent album. Not really good, but not really bad. The best album to come out recently is The Cool by Lupe Fiasco. I'm really surprised at how much I enjoy it over his first album. It's just very refreshing.

Demosthenes 2008-01-04 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grаν¡tоnЅurgе
The best album to come out recently is The Cool by Lupe Fiasco.

/signed

Grav 2008-01-04 07:46 PM

I bought it just so I could rip it to FLAC. I was surprised to see it was the cheapest album on the top 20 at my local FYE. #1 was like Christian rock or something, though.

Kaneda 2008-01-05 08:58 PM

Well I wasn't into music that much when I was 11 much less rap so I can't say. But I didn't hear any Nas shit poppin over the mainstream radios so I assume it wasn't huge. Either way don't care to much.

Lupe> and The Cool is mad wicked.... ...?