Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Life Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=322)
-   -   Adult onset Asthma (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50759)

D3V 2011-11-20 02:14 PM

Adult onset Asthma

So, why the fuck do I have Asthma all of a sudden?

The past year has been an epic fucking failure.

About this time last year I'm at the doctors office, hacking up green/yellow mucous and feeling like shit. I'm diagnosed with bronchitis, and "possibly pneumonia". I not only have these disgusting symptoms, but I've noticed I'm having trouble breathing, my exhales and inhales didn't seem as full as they should be, almost like I couldn't catch my breath. My doctor figures it's nothing too major, but goes ahead and prescribes me a Ventolin inhaler.

I get put on Zpak, the antibiotics run their course and about a week or two later i'm back to good health, but whenever I smoke hookah and exercise, I still can't breath afterwards. I haven't been able to figure out why the fuck not. I crank the inhaler, viola! I'm healed, for about the course of 24hours. And ever since then, I haven't been able to breathe.

My question is, why? Why does adult onset asthma occur? The past week or so I've been religiously reading about the effects of allergies, exercise induced asthma, and other types of complications and there really are no answers. I actually just recently ran out of my inhaler, and go to buy an OTC (Primatene Mist) and discover they stopped selling them, and the FDA has made them illegal. Go figure! The cheaper, safe alternative not needing a prescription has been deemed illegal to market. Fuck me.

Anyways, I'm at the point now where I've been researching of why this could be happening, and I've come across a few studies of chlamydia pneumoniae (No, not the STD) but a bacterial infection that can host itself in one's DNA and cause a variety of issues, without any symptoms. (MS is believed to developmentally benefit from CP).

Why hasn't there been a cure? I really think after reading for this long, that legitimately this could be a breakthrough in the next year or two. Thoughts?

Also, does anybody else suffer from Asthma?

KagomJack 2011-11-20 04:14 PM

I had it when I was little, but I really don't remember anything about it. I do know coffee is supposed to help with asthma attacks. Wish I could really help you out more.

D3V 2011-11-20 09:07 PM

Yeah, apparently caffeine does something to suppress the veins and cause inflammation to go down. It's not too big of a deal, I've just become super-interested with it lately.

!King_Amazon! 2011-11-20 09:14 PM

who gives a fuck

jamer123 2011-11-20 09:18 PM

i have slight asthma from when i was younger .... now its getting worse ... usually it was around cigarette smoke but now its even running .... in the next month i might go and see the doctor about this

Grav 2011-11-20 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 695226)
who gives a fuck

about YUO

D3V 2011-11-20 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 695226)
who gives a fuck

if only your mom didn't give a fuck we wouldnt be burdened with your snarky remarks.

!King_Amazon! 2011-11-20 11:45 PM

oh shit he brought my mom into it, this is about to turn into a playground brawl

Skurai 2011-11-21 02:32 PM

Don't fight. Let's just play on different sides of the playground, guys. We don't even like the jungle gym, right K_A?

D3V 2011-11-22 09:05 PM

Fucker stole my pokemon card

Willkillforfood 2011-11-24 07:44 AM

I had chronic bronchitis when I was 12-13 and during that time I was diagnosed with asthma. I really don't think I have it very much AT ALL anymore, but I guess I wouldn't know. By now I would have aclimated to it, lol.

D3V 2011-11-27 02:54 AM

The %'s of people diagnosed with Asthma after getting bronchitis/pneumonia is outrageous. There has to be a link.