Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diablo III (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=392)
-   -   Diablo 3 Beta News - August 1st (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50670)

D3V 2011-07-25 10:48 PM

Diablo 3 Beta News - August 1st

Diablo 3 Beta Details Coming on August 1, 2011

Quote:

If you’re a fan of Diablo, you are very well aware of the fact that after three years waiting, expecting a release date for Diablo 3 anytime soon is self-defeating and that the game simply will be ready “when it is done”. This is what Blizzard is well known for after all. However, there is finally some great news on the horizon as Diablo 3 beta details will be made available August 1st.

Blizzard will be holding a press conference this month especially for the Diablo 3 beta at their California headquarters. Info and assets from that press event are embargoed until the first of August which clearly indicates that the beta will not be made available until that date. It can be safely assumed that the beta will be made available shortly after the first day of August – at least that’s what we can hope for because again, it’s Blizzard we’re talking about.
YES!

We're so close. I just jissm'd. Speaking of Thanatos?

!King_Amazon! 2011-07-25 11:34 PM

I'm excited for the announcement.

-Spector- 2011-07-27 05:12 AM

I just got hard.

jamer123 2011-07-27 10:44 PM

dont need to know bro seriously

-Spector- 2011-07-28 06:52 AM

That's not what your mother said. o.O

Skurai 2011-07-29 08:30 PM

So does tht mena you're jammers uncle?

D3V 2011-08-02 10:34 PM

Diablo 3 announcements have been pretty crazy.

Real money integrated into the auction house system? Damn.
Online play only? figures.
$50 price tag? Nice. No mention still of a monthly subscription fee? Double nice.

!King_Amazon! 2011-08-02 10:51 PM

I'm not really sure how I feel about the idea of people buying and selling items on the auction house for real money. I guess people will probably buy and sell items for real money regardless, and this way Blizzard can get a cut of the money (and hopefully not have to charge a monthly subscription fee.) However, if PVP is going to be at all involved in the game, it seems like it would favor people who are willing to spend large amounts of money on virtual items, which is kinda lame. Again, it will happen either way most likely, but this is more like Blizzard is not only condoning it but cashing in on it.

WetWired 2011-08-02 11:27 PM

It has the potential to reduce the impact of RMT farming houses, though. The legal outlet for RMT in the game reduces the demand for the illegal ones (because why risk getting banned when you can get what you want without that risk?). This happens in EVE with the PLEX system where people buy with ISK other peoples' game time purchased with real money. Then, if the RMT farmers try to use the legal market, and Blizzard cares, they can easily trace back transactions and figure out that x account is an RMT farmer from China.

!King_Amazon! 2011-08-03 12:18 AM

That's perfectly valid, but doesn't address the issue of people being able to spend stupid amounts of real world money to make their characters incredibly powerful and imbalance PVP. It cheapens the game, almost. Competition should be based on skill, time put into the character, and luck to a degree. It shouldn't be based on who has spent the most real world money to twink out their character. But, as I mentioned above, it would likely be happening anyway. This is probably the lesser of two evils.

WetWired 2011-08-03 08:40 PM

Well, if you compare it to Blizzard generating items out of thin air for real money, it's perfectly benign. They can only buy what others find, which is nothing your couldn't find yourself, if you spent enough time.

!King_Amazon! 2011-08-03 08:51 PM

Sure.

WetWired 2011-08-04 05:41 PM

Besides, gear isn't everything. There's a reason "you can tell he bought that character." I suppose skill won't be nearly as important in DIII as in EvE, or even as important as in WoW, but I'm sure it'll still be a factor.