Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Anime Corner (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=394)
-   -   Dragon Ball Z (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48337)

gruesomeBODY 2009-02-20 08:32 PM

Dragon Ball Z

My friend just sent me the "best of Dragon Ball Z" soundtracks, and it in turn made me watch the show again. I wasnt a big fan until a few years ago when i was bored and sick, but the show is actually decent (English V). I really enjoy the Cell series and Majin Bu (sp) series alot, especially the music. Does anybody else still engage in this show?

Wed-G 2009-02-21 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruesomeBODY (Post 666844)
My friend just sent me the "best of Dragon Ball Z" soundtracks, and it in turn made me watch the show again. I wasnt a big fan until a few years ago when i was bored and sick, but the show is actually decent (English V). I really enjoy the Cell series and Majin Bu (sp) series alot, especially the music. Does anybody else still engage in this show?

I recently watched DBGT just to finish the series off. I wanted to start on DB and go through again but I haven't found time, what with new games and stuff. I'd love to watch DBZ, especially the later sagas, again. I missed a few episodes towards the end.

Jessifer 2009-02-21 09:32 AM

I used to be pretty into it. I really haven't watched much anime since I started playing WoW, actually

Dragonball always amused me.

Wallow 2009-02-22 07:38 AM

I watched the whole series when I was a kid. Yea, my fav saga was the whole cell saga (including the games) where Gohan kicks his ass.

Jessifer 2009-02-22 08:53 AM

My favorite character is Piccolo. He's cool.

And always ends up dying. Poor guy.

Goodlookinguy 2009-02-22 11:11 AM

I was really in DBZ when I was a kid. Now I'm not. However, I still really like the original DB, no Z or GT. I'm just not that into high action shows anymore, they need a better plot now. One thing out of DBZ that I'll always like though is the fact that a lot of characters names translate to a type of food. That and Mr. Satan (Hercules in TV edited version) has the best name.

Wed-G 2009-02-23 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodlookinguy (Post 666914)
(Hercules in TV edited version)

I could swear it has Hercule...

WAIT!!!

EDIT: Yep, Hercule.

Kizaru 2013-03-15 09:38 PM

^It is Hercule. Mr. Satan just sounds strange and it gets me every time I watch the unedited versions. Having grown up on DBZ on Toonami.

Yeah as a kid I absolutely loved the series. Recently I rewatched a good portion of Dragonball and just a few Sagas from DBZ that I had the itch to watch.

D3V 2013-03-19 10:09 PM

Always loved the show, even as a kid. It tapped into the whole 'endless possibilities' mantra I had going for the longest time growing up. May be time to check it out again and restart the series over.

Wallow 2013-03-20 04:21 PM

Definitely start with Dragon Ball. Gave me a lot of good laughs and childhood memories.

D3V 2013-03-20 11:56 PM

I think my overall favorite ear of DB/Z/GT is during the Frieza saga.

EpicFinale 2013-03-22 02:10 AM

I prefer Dragon Ball over "Z", but like a lot of the characters introduced in DBZ like Goten, Trunks, 18, Gohan, and Pan. Poor Pan only gets to be in a few episodes. And she doesn't even get to be in the Battle of Gods movie.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizaru (Post 703163)
^It is Hercule. Mr. Satan just sounds strange and it gets me every time I watch the unedited versions. Having grown up on DBZ on Toonami.

Nothing quite like watching the whole world cheer "Satan!"

Wallow 2013-03-24 12:27 PM

Pan was in the entire DBZ GT series, annoying the heck out of everyone. So it's better that she didn't taint the original series.

EpicFinale 2013-03-25 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallow (Post 703252)
Pan was in the entire DBZ GT series, annoying the heck out of everyone. So it's better that she didn't taint the original series.

That was not Pan. This is Pan
BORKED

Besides that, GT had bigger issues then Pan, and is retconned by Dragon Ball Online, and possibly by the upcoming "Battle of Gods" movie. As far as I'm concerned GT is not canon. I don't hate GT. It had better pacing, and I do like the ending a little more then that of DBZ.

Wallow 2013-03-25 03:26 PM

http://www.toei-animation.com/files/...l_GT_500_0.jpg

^ This is the pan I remember...not the couple of episodes in DBZ.

EpicFinale 2013-03-25 03:48 PM

Exactly. DBZ Pan is so much more entertaining then DBGT Pan. Of course the same could be said for just about the entire cast. Take trunks. Cell Saga- awesome, Buu Saga- adorably precocious kid, DBGT- Brock with less personality.

Kizaru 2013-03-29 05:24 PM

Indeed count me as one of the people that do not consider GT part of the DBZ universe.