Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Gaming (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Wii vs 360 (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45688)

Silverjinx18 2008-05-12 11:07 AM

Wii vs 360

Bonjour garcons et filles!

My boyfriend and I are wanting to get a new system, but we're torn:confused: . We're leaning towards the Wii because we like the Mario games and it just looks fun, but our friend has a 360 and he plays Halo live which has been pretty fun. Can you give me som advice?

Bon apres midi mes amis!

D3V 2008-05-12 11:09 AM

Well would you rather play Halo or Mario

WetWired 2008-05-12 11:19 AM

People don't keep the Wii. You get it, play games on it for a while, the cool factor wears off, then you trade it in for another system. My roommate really wanted one for a long time and snatched up the first one he found. About 3 months later he sold it (I already had a PS3 and my other roommate an XBox360, so no new system). For most people, I'd only recommend a Wii if they have the party house, because the Wii has many good games for a group of people to just pick up and play.

Silverjinx18 2008-05-12 11:21 AM

"Well would you rather play Halo or Mario"
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know that's why I'm posting. I like them both. I've just heared good and bad about both...I've heard that you get tired of it after a month, but there are more games for it...I don't know. I don't want to throw away a lot of money for something we're only going to play for a few months...He really doesn't care as long as he gets to play Madden on it...

klo 2008-05-12 11:21 AM

i like the wii. But/because i like mario :)

Silverjinx18 2008-05-12 11:24 AM

Do you have one or do you just like mario?

hotdog 2008-05-12 11:36 AM

Get both. My sister got the Wii. Yes we have stopped playing it for a while but we are not the type to sell it off later on so it will stay where it's at. Meanwhile I just got an Xbox 360. My sister now plans on getting a PS3.

Yes we live like 20 yards away from each other. Same plot of land two different houses. Anyways get one but keep and just get the other one later on. Because a game might come out that you want and you will be like "Oh no I sold my Wii/Xbox 360 and now this cool game is here and I really want it!"

I can't begin to tell you how much that feeling sucks. Then I learned the PS2 could play my PS games. So I got a PS2. Then I got a gamecube and we almost got rid of the 64. But decided not to. Since then we have actually gone back to the 64 from time to time.

Silverjinx18 2008-05-12 11:39 AM

I wish I could get both of them, but we're in the middle of moving and can't afford two systems.

HandOfHeaven 2008-05-12 11:41 AM

I just recently got a Wii, and it is terrific. I'm not too into the 360, although playing NHL 08 and NBA Live 08 were great on it. I'm just more of a Mario fan, and SSBB is fun.

D3V 2008-05-12 11:58 AM

My Brothers/Parents have had a Wii since Christmas and the "cool" factor has worn off, even with the new SSB game. I'm saving up for a PS3 myself.

Coffeedagger 2008-05-12 01:15 PM

Sadly true. If you know what is good in a Wii its a good buy but most of it is gimmicky. They shouldn't have messed with the standard form, it just was a novelty and now it will be hard to recover until the next console. Still is a cool thing to have with some great games and features. I like mine.

Thanatos 2008-05-12 01:48 PM

360 by farrrrrrrrrrrr.

As WW stated, if you have a party house or whathaveyou, then the Wii is probably your better choice since they have a lot of games geared towards groups.

With that being said, the 360 fucking dominates. I bought mine around February and it's been turned on pretty much everyday. Right now, I'm heavily addicted to Halo 3 on Live (I'm almost ranked a general - to you Halo nubs, that's the highest rank you can get). Plus, the 360 has a TON of games that appeal to every group. There are some decent RPGs out there, definitely some good FPSs, and as you mentioned some pretty good sports games, among others.

Overall, the 360 is the way to go.