Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member Introductions (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   I can't fucking post (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47083)

FatIonSurged 2008-10-05 10:47 AM

I can't fucking post

I'm an example of one of the people that your policy of having to approve posts for newbies is going to drive away real soon.

FatIonSurged 2008-10-05 10:51 AM

I've been accused of imposterizing, and I can't fucking post. And I wanted to say that the sun does not revolve around the earth from any perspective you geocentric bastards. The earth is also flat, ain't it!!

Jessifer 2008-10-05 10:53 AM

And good on toast, too.

FatIonSurged 2008-10-05 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessifer (Post 655350)
And good on toast, too.

Excellent point!

Wallow 2008-10-05 11:01 AM

Lol, stop getting worked up dude. There's this new thing going around, I don't know if you've heard of it, it's called patience.

FatIonSurged 2008-10-05 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallow (Post 655352)
Lol, stop getting worked up dude. There's this new thing going around, I don't know if you've heard of it, it's called patience.

There's this not-so new thing going around called cleverness. Die.

Jessifer 2008-10-05 11:06 AM

I like you. You're funny. Stay and amuse me further.

Wallow 2008-10-05 11:09 AM

I think that's an extra 2.50 the hour

Jessifer 2008-10-05 11:10 AM

You're fired, now I have the money to pay him more.

Wallow 2008-10-05 11:13 AM

Wait, don't do that, I think we can work something out.

Jessifer 2008-10-05 11:16 AM

Too late. Time to search the want-adds for dog-walking positions.

Thanatos 2008-10-05 11:19 AM

Welcome to Zelaron!!

Wallow 2008-10-05 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessifer (Post 655363)
Too late. Time to search the want-adds for dog-walking positions.

So that's what you told people I did, "dog-walking," pretty smooth lol

Jessifer 2008-10-05 11:23 AM

I thought so.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand. Welcome to the forum!

Kazilla 2008-10-05 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatIonSurged (Post 655354)
There's this not-so new thing going around called cleverness. Die.

New guy is already fighting with Wallow.. something seems all to obvious here. ;) Perhaps Wallow just comes across as a dumbass.. lol.

Draco2003 2008-10-05 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FatIonSurged (Post 655349)
...I wanted to say that the sun does not revolve around the earth from any perspective you geocentric bastards...

I'm sorry to disagree with you, but yes it does. Look outside. Where is the sun? 6 hours from now, look again. Where's it at now? In another 6 hours, have another look and note where the sun is. Tell me you didn't notice the sun in 3 seperate locations, one of which was probably non-existant if it was at night. Yet you didn't move. You are still on your front porch or in your house. So, it is perceived as the sun revolving around Earth. In which case, someone's perceptions aren't wrong, just ill-informed.

On a side note: when debating something, be prepared to offer more than an insult in your argument. Debates get pretty heated here, as we usually have someone argue just for the sake of arguing. Just a heads up. And welcome to Zelaron!

Wallow 2008-10-05 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazilla (Post 655380)
New guy is already fighting with Wallow.. something seems all to obvious here. ;) Perhaps Wallow just comes across as a dumbass.. lol.

Who says we were fighting? Did it ever come across to you that maybe you're the dumbass here? Ignorance is not bliss =/

FatIonSurged 2008-10-05 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draco2003 (Post 655384)
I'm sorry to disagree with you, but yes it does. Look outside. Where is the sun? 6 hours from now, look again. Where's it at now? In another 6 hours, have another look and note where the sun is. Tell me you didn't notice the sun in 3 seperate locations, one of which was probably non-existant if it was at night. Yet you didn't move. You are still on your front porch or in your house. So, it is perceived as the sun revolving around Earth. In which case, someone's perceptions aren't wrong, just ill-informed.

On a side note: when debating something, be prepared to offer more than an insult in your argument. Debates get pretty heated here, as we usually have someone argue just for the sake of arguing. Just a heads up. And welcome to Zelaron!

To talk about something going around something else you must be in the perspective of a proper reference frame where physics makes sense, ergo you have to be in an inertial reference frame. The earth is not an inertial reference frame. Ergo, you can not use the earth as a proper coordinate system. From any inertial reference frame the sun revolves around the earth. You fell for a fallacy that was resolved permanently a hundred years ago, and if you want to look past eurocentrism, thousands of years ago. If Jamer deserves an ass title you deserve a PHAIL title.

GG no re nub.

Draco2003 2008-10-05 05:19 PM

I'm sorry, but I "PHAIL" to see what your post is pointing out. It didn't prove me wrong in any sense.
Take a look at this...
This is the perfect example. You can clearly see the disk spinning and the cannon balls are flying straight. BUT! When you move to the disk's perspective, you see that the cannon balls are curving, for what seems to be an unknown reason, because you percieve the disk as stationary. Just the same as for many years, people believed that the sun rotated around Earth.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I
So, it is perceived as the sun revolving around Earth.

And as such it is!

Perception is a major part in how we think. Someone who is colorblind may perceive the sky as orange, when others perceive it as blue.

Quote:

Originally Posted by I also
In which case, someone's perceptions aren't wrong, just ill-informed.

Those perceptions are based on a lack of knowledge. But I guarantee when you learned in school that Earth rotated around the sun you were bewildered. Because it is obvious that it is the other way around.

FatIonSurged 2008-10-05 05:22 PM

*sigh*

Clearly the disks frame of reference is not an inertial frame of reference. You may only say that something rotates around the other in an inertial frame of reference. Basic, basic relativity. I'm pretty sure I stated that above.