Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   News and Events (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=334)
-   -   Legal Pot, Colorado, Washington (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51037)

!King_Amazon! 2012-11-06 10:50 PM

Legal Pot, Colorado, Washington

It has arrived. Now to see how the fed reacts.

KagomJack 2012-11-06 11:52 PM

This shall be exciting.

Asamin 2012-11-07 09:41 AM

I was sad my state didn't have a legalization prop.

Sovereign 2012-11-07 09:45 AM

I just hope these states dont mess this up. They'll be the posterchild for every anti marijuana ad for the next 50 years to come.

KagomJack 2012-11-07 09:54 AM

Crossing my fingers. I don't think they'll let us down.

!King_Amazon! 2012-11-07 10:06 AM

I don't really think there is much they could do to mess it up. They already have a working system for alcohol, it's simply a matter of putting marijuana on a similar working system. The only issues I could see causing problems are the issues involving how to test properly to see if someone is "intoxicated" for the purposes of operating a motor vehicle, and how the fed will react to the whole thing. For all we know the laws could be stamped out before they even get a chance to prove themselves.

KagomJack 2012-11-07 10:11 AM

It's possible, so let's hope they give them enough time to prove they can work.

Asamin 2012-11-07 04:25 PM

I agree with KA and am wondering how the feds will react to this. Isn't it still a federal offence to be in possession?

kaos 2012-11-07 05:30 PM

YES!, was just about to post this. It's California's turn to make it official now. Well, basically right now it's unofficially official. Cops don't really fuck with you at all unless they don't like you lol.

!King_Amazon! 2012-11-07 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asamin (Post 700055)
I agree with KA and am wondering how the feds will react to this. Isn't it still a federal offence to be in possession?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Article VI, Clause 2 of the United States Constitution, known as the Supremacy Clause, establishes the U.S. Constitution, Federal Statutes, and U.S. Treaties as "the supreme law of the land." The text decrees these to be the highest form of law in the U.S. legal system, and mandates that all state judges must follow federal law when a conflict arises between federal law and either the state constitution or state law of any state.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Cannabis is classified as a Schedule I drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act of 1970 and is deemed to have a high potential for abuse and no legitimate medical uses. As such, it prohibits the possession, usage, purchase, sale, and/or cultivation of marijuana.

Now, I doubt the federal government will be sending in agents to arrest people in possession of pot. More likely, they'll shut down the producers/distributors and create enough fear of enforcement that the market will be crippled and sent back underground.

KagomJack 2012-11-07 06:33 PM

So let's fight it or something.

WetWired 2012-11-07 06:37 PM

What's most important is that it sends a message to congress that increasingly, people want legalization.

!King_Amazon! 2012-11-07 08:10 PM

Had the democrats gained control of the house of representin', I would have predicted federally legalized pot by the end of Obama's term. Unfortunately that will probably never happen.

KagomJack 2012-11-07 08:54 PM

It is possible, broski.

Asamin 2012-11-08 08:51 AM

If it's federally legal, would that mean that all states have to have it legal or can states still choose that? Just wondering, not that I actually want this.

KagomJack 2012-11-08 09:56 AM

That may fall under nullification. But if it were federally legal, they could choose to sell or not to sell or restrict the way some dry counties do with alcohol.

Skurai 2012-11-08 10:35 AM

Just grow pot in the spare rooms of your houses, like regular smart people.

!King_Amazon! 2012-11-08 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asamin (Post 700072)
If it's federally legal, would that mean that all states have to have it legal or can states still choose that? Just wondering, not that I actually want this.

I think that situation is less clear-cut. I think the fed can give the states the right to choose, but they would basically just do that by removing pot from the CSA. If there were a federal law saying that pot is legal, it would require some sort of footnote for states to be able to go against that. That is how I understand it, at least.

Thanatos 2012-11-14 02:42 PM

Let's get blitzed

Skurai 2012-11-15 12:36 PM

So other than the ability to smoke pot while walking down the street, what does this even do?