Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Swimmer's Ear (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31532)

NonGayMan 2004-07-25 06:53 AM

Swimmer's Ear

I have swimmer's ear... it hurts really bad, and I can't fall asleep because it hurts when I lay down. There's this yellow drainage that comes out of my ear and it smells bad. :( The doctor gave me medicine, but I read up on it and it says I need to get the drainage cleared out and then put in ear drops. I wonder if the drainage is the water. o_O

undeadzombieguy 2004-07-25 06:56 AM

drainage is probably a mixture of water and earwax, good for waxing cars, it makes your car shiny enough to deflect the police radar...

Slim 2004-07-25 09:10 AM

Only if you wax it everyday though. The only if it's an Iroc Camaro. That sucks, NGM. I've never had swimmers ear but I've had a few friends that have, and they say it sucks quite the elephant dick. Try using a hanger to clear that out, if it's good enough to abort fetuses, it's good enough to clear drainage out of your ear. ;)

NonGayMan 2004-07-25 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slim
Only if you wax it everyday though. The only if it's an Iroc Camaro. That sucks, NGM. I've never had swimmers ear but I've had a few friends that have, and they say it sucks quite the elephant dick. Try using a hanger to clear that out, if it's good enough to abort fetuses, it's good enough to clear drainage out of your ear. ;)

I wouldn't have it stick it up my ear, right?

khwiii 2004-07-25 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NonGayMan
I wonder if the drainage is the water. o_O

It's infection. Nastiness.

Titusfied 2004-07-25 09:53 AM

Yeah, normally with Swimmer's Ear, there is no puss dripping out. No es bueno..

Hades-Knight 2004-07-25 10:17 AM

omg hes gonna die !~ =(

NonGayMan 2004-07-25 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hades-Knight
omg hes gonna die !~ =(

Lol.. I've had it before. It cures after a while. As of right now, all the drainage basically dried up I think because I don't feel it coming down anymore, and there are little flakes at the outside of my ear canal.

NonGayMan 2004-07-25 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titusfied
Yeah, normally with Swimmer's Ear, there is no puss dripping out. No es bueno..

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00473.html

'Clear or yellow-green fluids draining from your ear'

My ear was feeling funny two days ago, and I actually went into the pool to go swimming. I'm a dumbass... wish I would've read these sites before then.

NonGayMan 2004-07-25 03:02 PM

I just looked inside my ear with two mirrors, and I saw a buildup of that yellow stuff, except now it is dry. Hm..

Chruser 2004-07-25 03:19 PM

Wax buildups suck, and they look rather nasty. Get it pulled out.

NonGayMan 2004-07-25 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chruser
Wax buildups suck, and they look rather nasty. Get it pulled out.

I'm going to wait until tomorrow when I go to the doctor. I've heard that if you put a foreign object up your ear, and it touches the soft tissue in the canal, it can just cause more bacteria to get into it.

Titusfied 2004-07-25 03:31 PM

Ear wax freak!!! OMG, some non gay man just h4xx0rd Zelaron!

Oh, and what you say is true, so definitely wait the day or so, then get it properly done.

OmniFalcon 2004-07-25 03:33 PM

What is Swimmer's Ear? Is that when you get too much water in your ear and it makes the funky sound when u walk or bend over to touch your toes or something..

KagomJack 2004-07-25 03:36 PM

I think that's just called water-in-your-ear-that-makes-noises. :D I hate that, but I've never had swimmer's ear. I'm pretty sure my mom could whip up some home remedies if I ever had it though.

NonGayMan 2004-07-25 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KagomJack
I think that's just called water-in-your-ear-that-makes-noises. :D I hate that, but I've never had swimmer's ear. I'm pretty sure my mom could whip up some home remedies if I ever had it though.

http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/library/DS/00473.html

This explains what it is.

Shining Knights 2004-07-25 04:03 PM

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.

Thanatos 2004-07-25 05:58 PM

Wtf? Sending a GC thread off topic?

BAN.

slaynish 2004-07-25 06:30 PM

Ive had possibly the worst case of swimmers ear.

I missed 2 weeks of school. Half of my spring vacation was wasted.

I went to school one day... It hurt so bad, and it was in both ears, there was green and yellow stuff coming out of both ears... I went to the nurse, she said to wait 2 hrs before i go home.

My mom came to pick me up... I had to take these HELLA strong anti biatics(sp) and some other shit. Hope yours isnt as bad as mine :( It hurt so bad at night..

Titusfied 2004-07-25 09:51 PM

Oh yeah, well that's nothing! I had yellow and green shit coming out of all three of me ears!

Wait...