Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diablo I & II (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Watch out for this scam. (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8182)

!King_Amazon! 2002-10-26 11:54 PM

Watch out for this scam.

Well this just happened to me. I think it's new, because I've never heard of it before.

Anyway, I'm in a channel and see a sorc spamming that his clan needs members and that if you join you can borrow occy rings and stuff off the clan account. I'm like, ok, this sounds like a scam or a deal. So I go to the channel and the sorc tells me to join a game, I'm like, ok. I join and see 2 assassins also there. anyway, the sorc gets us to gather in the corner of town, and tells one of the assassins to go outside town on the other side of the fence thing. So me, the sorc, and another assassin are standing in the corner of town, with the assassin outside town standing right by us on the other side of the fence. The sorc tells the assassin to drop her stuff and say her name so the sorc can take a screenshot of the assassins items, level, character name, and name. The assassin drops her shit and says her name, and the sorc tells her to pick her stuff up. I'm like, ok the assassin is probably a friend of the sorc, and is trying to fool me into believing this shit. So the sorc asks who wants to go next, and I suggest that the other assassin go next. So the assassin goes out, drops her shit, says her name, and picks her stuff up. I'm like, ok, I'll just go out and see if I can spot the scam. So I go outside, across the fence from the assassins and sorc, and notice that the assassins are both using burst of speed. "Knowing" that I had figured out the scam, I tell the sorc to make the assassins stand on the other side of town. They go on the other side of town, and I say, ok, the scams dead now, I'll give the sorc a laugh. Now, I know this is stupid, but I dropped my shit and said my name. Everyone hostiles me, and I instantly die. I'm like, fuck, there goes my shit. Oh well, anyway, it ends up that the assassins had placed traps in the spot they were standing before, and I would have caught this if I didn't "know" the whole scam was the burst of speed. I had been distracted by the burst of speed, and hadn't caught the traps idea. Anyway, I just hope this keeps other people from getting scammed. Please dont tell me I was stupid for dropping my items, I know I was. If anyone could spare me some equipment, I'd be greatful..I got jewed..

Hades-Knight 2002-10-27 12:29 AM

nice

!King_Amazon! 2002-10-27 12:32 AM

NOT nice..

Mestivo 2002-10-27 06:33 AM

lol, KA, what realm do you play on?

slaynish 2002-10-27 10:18 AM

dude, now that i hear it... that sucks im real sorry man... but hey u know lol i dont think u need free now :-( u wont give me free lol

Hades-Knight 2002-10-27 10:33 AM

i meant nice scam, not nice that u lost ur shit

!King_Amazon! 2002-10-27 10:36 AM

I play on east, and yeah, it is a nice scam. I can't believe nobody thought of it until now :-/.

zeal311 2002-10-27 10:43 AM

hey ka what exactly did u lose

!King_Amazon! 2002-10-27 11:07 AM

tals armor shako occy lidless war trav tals ammy tals belt 2 perfect nagels and perfect chancies.

Titusfied 2002-10-30 06:46 AM

LOL, I owuld NEVER drop all that shit, no matter what! I'd drop maybe one of those, and other shit things...

Anyway, that sucks to be you, I hope people give you free shit...

Titusfied

Mr.Lee 2002-10-30 09:57 AM

WTF did drop you your stuff for ??? *sigh* :eek:

Chruser 2002-10-30 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by !King_Amazon!
Anyway, I'm in a channel and see a sorc spamming that his clan needs members and that if you join you can borrow occy rings and stuff off the clan account. I'm like, ok, this sounds like a scam or a deal. So I go to the channel and the sorc tells me to join a game, I'm like, ok. I join and see 2 assassins also there. anyway, the sorc gets us to gather in the corner of town, and tells one of the assassins to go outside town on the other side of the fence thing. So me, the sorc, and another assassin are standing in the corner of town, with the assassin outside town standing right by us on the other side of the fence. The sorc tells the assassin to drop her stuff and say her name so the sorc can take a screenshot of the assassins items, level, character name, and name. The assassin drops her shit and says her name, and the sorc tells her to pick her stuff up. I'm like, ok the assassin is probably a friend of the sorc, and is trying to fool me into believing this shit. So the sorc asks who wants to go next, and I suggest that the other assassin go next. So the assassin goes out, drops her shit, says her name, and picks her stuff up. I'm like, ok, I'll just go out and see if I can spot the scam. So I go outside, across the fence from the assassins and sorc, and notice that the assassins are both using burst of speed. "Knowing" that I had figured out the scam, I tell the sorc to make the assassins stand on the other side of town. They go on the other side of town, and I say, ok, the scams dead now, I'll give the sorc a laugh. Now, I know this is stupid, but I dropped my shit and said my name. Everyone hostiles me, and I instantly die. I'm like, fuck, there goes my shit. Oh well, anyway, it ends up that the assassins had placed traps in the spot they were standing before, and I would have caught this if I didn't "know" the whole scam was the burst of speed. I had been distracted by the burst of speed, and hadn't caught the traps idea. Anyway, I just hope this keeps other people from getting scammed. Please dont tell me I was stupid for dropping my items, I know I was. If anyone could spare me some equipment, I'd be greatful..I got jewed..
I gave up on that before I even started to read it. I don't want to be rude, but please try to divide that much text into several paragraphs, so people like myself who can't speak/read English can still get a glimpse of its contents. :D

Doofus_AW 2002-10-30 11:22 AM

How could you not see the traps??????? Were they that far away??

Baker.Smash 2002-10-30 02:27 PM

why would you be so naieve to actually drop your stuff... thats just dumb.

Demosthenes 2002-10-30 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by !King_Amazon!
Please dont tell me I was stupid for dropping my items, I know I was.
He's tryin 2 help u...u dopnt have 2 disrespect him baker

User Name # 1 2002-10-30 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Baker.Smash
why would you be so naieve to actually drop your stuff... thats just dumb.
I think he knew and he knows that.
No need to add more.

"It is not worth to stir up the knife in the wound" <---- This is an expression I translate myself :/ :D

!King_Amazon! 2002-10-30 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Doofus_AW
How could you not see the traps??????? Were they that far away??
It was those fire trap things that are almost invisible, and they were behind the fence anyway, so I couldn't see them.

Pekson 2002-10-31 04:30 AM

There was also this other scam that happened to me
(stupid me -_-;; ) where this guy who pose as my best friend from school and i actually beleived him and gave my pw -_- he actually said his name and surname which made me beleive and he called me by my nickname thats what got me to beleive him.

A lesson learnt even though how dopy i was to beleive.

!King_Amazon! 2002-10-31 03:05 PM

Never give your pass to anyone. Not even a friend. It's almost as stupid as dropping your items in a game.