Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Life Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=322)
-   -   High School Grad (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45899)

Wed-G 2008-05-31 10:54 AM

High School Grad

Well, last night everyone walked across the stage for the last time. Unbelievable that I don't ever have to set foot in a school if I don't want to.

100% of my class graduated. It was awesome. The valedictorian had a GPA of 106.89.

I sadly was not that high on the list, but whatever. I had a great time with everyone I love.

Finally free.

Willkillforfood 2008-05-31 11:07 AM

Congratulations. Now you just have the long wait until you die ;). Jk, college is cool. Try it out.

!King_Amazon! 2008-05-31 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wed-G
Well, last night everyone walked across the stage for the last time. Unbelievable that I don't ever have to set foot in a school if I don't want to.

100% of my class graduated. It was awesome. The valedictorian had a GPA of 106.89.

I sadly was not that high on the list, but whatever. I had a great time with everyone I love.

Finally free.

Grats! I highly suggest you still go to college, even though the feeling that you could be done with school is great. College is a lot more no-nonsense than high school is. You don't chit chat for half of the class, you don't hang out in the halls between classes, you don't socialize at lunch, or any of that shit. At least for me, that's how it is. I have a certain number of classes to go to every week, I go to them, I sit through them, I come home and do homework. I barely know any of my professor's names, I barely know the names of any of the other people in my class, and in general it's all about learning rather than being about who's dating who and who's fighting with who and all of that nonsense that happens in high school.

I also have to wonder how 100% of your class graduated. That doesn't sound like a very challenging thing to do if 100% of the people did it.

Wed-G 2008-05-31 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon!
I also have to wonder how 100% of your class graduated. That doesn't sound like a very challenging thing to do if 100% of the people did it.

Well, my school district was rated #1 in Texas a few years ago apparently and it is an exemplary campus. But, no, it's not that challenging but if you still have to try or else you'd fail. Or get really low grades.

My first three years of high school, I goofed off the entire time. This year, I actually tried for my transcripts and made 90's the entire year.

Granted, english IV was the easiest class I had. But whatever.

I plan on starting college in spring. I plan on going to UT Tyler because it's the best campus with the shortest commute.

!King_Amazon! 2008-05-31 01:20 PM

I don't doubt it's probably actually a great school, it's just not uncommon these days for a school to make stuff way easy, simply to have good numbers.

That's certainly one of the things I like about college. It's a lot more competative. I've gotten to points where I feel like I can just slack off because things are going easy, and it will jump up and bite me right in the balls.

Hope you enjoy college! Be ready for an experience much different from the school you're used to. Firstly, most professors do not give a shit about you. If you fall behind or whatever, most professors probably aren't going to have sympathy for you or help you. They are also, for the most part, very no-nonsense. Don't screw around during their lectures, or they will probably either kick you out for the day or fail you all together.

College is certainly harder, but I enjoy it compared to High School.

gruesomeBODY 2008-05-31 08:12 PM

I suggest you try out college, even though it is not for everyone. I learned a great deal about myself for the past 4 years and have learned how to coexist with potential clients/ co-workers. I also gained an education (which noone can take away from me now) and have been hired for full-time work because of that education.

Congrats on graduating high school and good luck in the future

-Spector- 2008-06-02 07:09 PM

Congratulations... I dunno about you but now that I'm out of Highschool I actually miss it.

jamer123 2008-06-02 07:19 PM

go in to the airforce

Coriander 2008-06-02 08:32 PM

What on earth does that have to do with this thread jamer?

Anywho, Congratz Wed-G.

Thanatos 2008-06-03 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -Spector-
Congratulations... I dunno about you but now that I'm out of Highschool I actually miss it.

I kind of do. I don't miss all the homework and bullshit but I miss interracting with everyone on a daily basis. You lost contact with A LOT of people after you graduate.

Anyway.. congrats Wed-G.

KagomJack 2008-06-05 06:19 AM

Congratulations my man. Enjoy college when you go. I'm planning on enrolling this fall myself.

D3V 2008-06-05 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KagomJack
Congratulations my man. Enjoy college when you go. I'm planning on enrolling this fall myself.

Same here, i'm tired of my job.

MidnightsChorus 2008-06-12 04:48 PM

Great job love! I was very proud of you that night.

For 100% of the class to graduate was a very rare thing at our school, at least, thats what the principal told us. Then again, I'm sure it's a rare occurance at any school.

Wallow 2008-06-12 06:58 PM

Good luck with college and/or wherever your road takes you.
I sadly still have 3 years to go of high school...=/

Willkillforfood 2008-06-12 07:47 PM

Highschool is a waste of time, honestly, besides math classes.

MidnightsChorus 2008-06-12 08:18 PM

Quote:

I sadly still have 3 years to go of high school...=/
I'm sorry. I remember the feeling.

Quote:

Highschool is a waste of time, honestly, besides math classes.
I don't necessarily consider it a waste. I learned a lot from it. Mostly in the area of dealing with other people. As for math, I hated it.

Willkillforfood 2008-06-12 08:21 PM

It's just a continuation of middle school in the social learning aspect, imo.

talentedhamster 2008-06-12 09:54 PM

i missed the last 2 days of school and its killing me.
but whoaaaaa. you graduated already? ours isn't until june 29th.

Wallow 2008-06-13 08:03 AM

Hey WKKF, were you in advanced classes for math in high school?
Because I was in Geometry in 9th, and it was a real pain.

hotdog 2008-06-13 07:42 PM

Congratulations!!!

On another note. DON'T SCREW AROUND. Seriously. I first started going to college 2 years ago and I remember some jackass was humping the window. He was one of those idiots who's parents enrolled him because they had money. Needless to say I didn't see him after week 1 and when the fall term was over he re applied and stopped screwing around. Point being your teachers will kick you out if you screw around.

As for high school there is no reason why everyone shouldn't have gradutated. That shit was so easy I was bored for half the day and constantly in the library reading books. The only interactions I ever made with other people were telling them "no I don't want to smoke or drink" and "fuck off you overrated whore".