Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Anime Corner (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=394)
-   -   What anime/manga/visual novel are you watching/reading/playing? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41522)

Sovereign 2008-07-08 01:45 PM

Going to watch Strawberry Panic vol 3 when it comes in. Had a credit card issue so it hasn't shipped yet -_-.

Rightstuf has a few of Funimation's Geneon titles up already. Just pre-ordered Karin vol 4, Black lagoon second barrage vol 1 (special edition) and volume 2, and Hellsing Ultimate vol 4. Lucky star volume 2 is on its way soon too followed by volume 2 of Gurren Lagann.

I havn't been reading much manga though :(

Wallow 2008-07-31 10:04 AM

I still am watching Shippuden and Bleach every week they come out.
Thankfully the filler arcs in both of them are at a near end

Sovereign 2008-08-02 12:44 AM

Series called Ghost stories now.

Just got through Moonphase volume 11, strawberry panic novel volume 3, nd some other lesser known random titles.

Wallow 2008-08-02 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovereign (Post 646012)
Series called Ghost stories now.

Just got through Moonphase volume 11, strawberry panic novel volume 3, nd some other lesser known random titles.

Would you recommend any other good anime for me? I'm finishing Full Metal Alchemist but then I'm stuck waiting every week for the shows mentioned earlier

Sovereign 2008-08-04 03:33 AM

Black Lagoon, Eureuka 7, and Hellsing Ultimate are all pretty safe bets on kickass stories.

What kind of shows other then naruto and bleach do you like? Also, are you looking for more the old school cel anime or the new computer drawn anime.

Also, off to read Berserk volume 24 and some other random new darkhorse manga that came out this week. :shrug: It had a parental advisory warning, maybe its good :p

Sovereign 2008-08-06 02:17 AM

Bump. Lucky star volume 2 down, along with Gurren Lagann volume 2. I fucking hate gainax endings though....
What happens to nia is fucking stupid as shit -_-.

On to Maria Watches Over Us (I think its japanese title is Maria-sama ga miteru). I'm at the end of the second episode and it's kinda a snooze fest. Hopefully it gets better...

Oh, and the other random dark horse manga I was talking about... wasn't really that good at all. Kind stupid really and there wasnt much of anything that woudl require a parental advisory.

Got Pumpkin Scissors volume 5 on it's way. Two of Geneons new releases will also be arriving in the next few weeks (Black Lagoon Second Barrage and Karin), along with volume 7 of Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles.

Ahhhhhhh funimation I kinda love ya guys for bringing me back some of my fav Geneon series.

Annnnd in manga news, black lagoon volume 1 should be arriving at the bookstore I work at soon!

Wallow 2008-08-06 06:45 AM

I don't care really how old the anime is, just that is has a good story. I hate animes with bad stories, as well as ones with lots of filler arcs. BTW, do you read manga online or do you actually buy them from Japan and ship it to your house?

Sovereign 2008-08-06 01:54 PM

Don't watch fansubs and teh only scanlations I read are for Tsubasa and Bleach. Everything else I own as licensed us items.

Wed-G 2008-08-21 08:48 PM

Eden: It's An Endless World.

Amazing. Read 1-13 and there are 18. Waiting for the rest to be translated.

Goodlookinguy 2008-08-21 11:03 PM

I'm doin' some stuff

I'm currently watching!
Simoun
Chobits (Again, even though I finished it a few days ago again :: It's a favorite of mine)
Witch Hunter Robin (Again)
Big O Season 1&2 (Again)
Ikki Tousen
Witch Blade
Naruto Shippuuden
Bleach
Here and There, Now and Then
Elfen Leid

I'm reading!
Berserk
Naruto
Bleach
Claymore

quikspy67 2008-08-22 04:48 AM

I want to watch Armitage III: Poly Matrix, Armitage II: Dual Matrix and Full Metal Alchemist. How good is Spirted Away?

jamer123 2008-08-22 11:21 AM

spirted away is at least a lot better than nauto

Sovereign 2008-08-22 11:55 AM

Haha, its funny you mention Armitage. Just got the ova + dual matrix yesterday. Pretty good show.

Just got done watching:

Armitage III
Kare Kano
Princess Tutu
Black Lagoon Second Barrage
Tsubasa.

Rewatching Love Hina atm.

Also just preordered a bunch of other geneon titles.

Karin volume 6.
Familiar of Zero box set
Maho Shojo Lyrical Nanoha Box set.
Negima ova's

quikspy67 2008-08-22 06:02 PM

Man where do you get your anime from? I saw the end of Armitage II: Dual Matrix on teletoon I want to see the series pretty bad, good ending from what I saw.

Sovereign 2008-08-22 11:23 PM

www.Rightstuf.com

Poly Matrix is just the ova series cut into a single movie btw.

quikspy67 2008-08-23 02:42 AM

Do they just mail them to you or do you download them and I'm assuming you cant use a debit card, probobly strickly credit card.

Wallow 2008-08-23 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamer123 (Post 647794)
spirted away is at least a lot better than nauto

uhh, Jamer, Spirited Away was a movie. Naruto and Naruto Shippuden are animes, meaning many episodes...

Sovereign 2008-08-23 11:05 PM

I use a debit mastercard no problem. They mail you dvd's, and they DO ship to canada.

quikspy67 2008-08-23 11:10 PM

Did you mean debit, mastercard or debit mastercard?

Asamin 2008-08-24 08:58 AM

Just watching Bleach. I just started. Episode 6 now :p