Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Cell Phone? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43157)

D3V 2007-08-20 11:46 AM

Cell Phone?

What Cell and Provider does everyone have?

I've got a newer Model NOKIA, not exactly sure what kind it is though, it's a flip phone, works pretty good as of now.. .who knows what the future might hold though (they don't holdup very well..)

And we're running through T-Mobile right now, it's alright I mean, it could definately be better, but you can't beat MyFavevs and free N+W

klo 2007-08-20 11:49 AM

Sidekick 3 from T-Mobile

Lenny 2007-08-20 11:50 AM

You get T-Mobile in the US? Well I'll be... thought it was an English provider.

I've got a Sony Ericsson K800i, and I'm with Orange.

D3V 2007-08-20 11:50 AM

I know like 4 people literally that have that phone, I need to get an upgrade of what i've got.. Ugh.

klo 2007-08-20 11:51 AM

lol, I <3 it...unfortunately so does Kaneda lol.

Yup, T-mobile is here, never heard of "orange" though.

HandOfHeaven 2007-08-20 11:54 AM

OMG YOU POSTED AT 12:51!

Sprint, with a generic flip phone. Going to get http://www.thebestpageintheuniverse.net/c.cgi?u=iphone if I ever change mine.

klo 2007-08-20 11:55 AM

It's 10:51 for me, nice though. lol

Dar_Win 2007-08-20 01:34 PM

Motorola Q with Verizon. I don't know about other places, but T-Mobile has horrible service in Maryland.

D3V 2007-08-20 01:34 PM

Where I live I don't get really any service, with any provider. It's not until I get off of our road til I get service again, damn Boonies.

Lenny 2007-08-20 01:37 PM

Where I live, the only provider we can get reception from is Orange.

It's amusing when people come over and have to walk to the top of the lane to get a signal, simply because they're not with orange.

-Spector- 2007-08-20 01:37 PM

Motorola l6 Slvr, with T-Mobile. Honestly I hate T-Mobile... horrible coverage but cheap none the less

Sovereign 2007-08-20 01:52 PM

ATT

I've got some LG phone (don't remember the number). It's cool as fuck and works great, but damn does it heat up if I'm talking and chariging or viewing videos. It's tolerable though.

klo 2007-08-20 02:05 PM

Vegas has great coverage for T-Mobile...but ive heard it sucks for traveling too far...

I also have a verizon phone through work.

Tyrannicide 2007-08-20 02:22 PM

I have an LG VX8100 and im with Telus. I get great service/reception from them no matter where I am. I find its better than Rogers. Aliant wasn't bad, but there plans cost more than the Telus one I got and the phone only cost $60 witha 3yr contract. The bill is around $35/month. I can't complain, its a camera/MP3 phone to.

klo 2007-08-20 03:32 PM

Were r u from? And how long is the shortest-possible contract? Here if you don't want to do month-to month and pay more its 2 years.

Vollstrecker 2007-08-20 04:16 PM

I use Verizon as my provider, and am actually in the process of getting a new phone.

My new phone will be an LG enV:
http://us.lge.com/products/model/det...izon_ENV.jhtml

My current phone is an LG VX8100:
http://us.lge.com/products/model/det...n_VX8100.jhtml

Tyrannicide 2007-08-20 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by klo
Were r u from? And how long is the shortest-possible contract? Here if you don't want to do month-to month and pay more its 2 years.

I'm from NS, Canada. It's pretty much the same all across the country though.

You can get 1, 2 and 3 year contracts. I could have gotten a 2yr contract with this phone, but then I would have had to pay the full cost of the phone. It was one of those deals where if you sigh up for 3yrs, you can get this phone for x amount (being a hell of a lot cheaper). My last phone was a Samsung that I got with aliant, for $25 with a 2year contract (gave it to my sister last year since it was under parents name and got the LG from telus), which is normally $250 if I didn't get the 2 year contract. It's that simple and the phone is holding up great for being a year old. No problems from it. Now, in another year and a half (2.5 years from start of contract), I can get a new phone with a deal by sort of renewing my contract, of course depending on what they are offering at the time. They could offer a phone I want for like $50 if you sign up for another 2years and so on.

Im surprised you didn't get those types of options, so where are you from again? I find it strange that you haven't heard of that type of stuff...

WetWired 2007-08-20 05:31 PM

I have a Samsung N400 with Sprint. It's a really old phone, but it still works and they stopped making phones in the style.

klo 2007-08-20 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrannicide
I'm from NS, Canada. It's pretty much the same all across the country though.

You can get 1, 2 and 3 year contracts. I could have gotten a 2yr contract with this phone, but then I would have had to pay the full cost of the phone. It was one of those deals where if you sigh up for 3yrs, you can get this phone for x amount (being a hell of a lot cheaper). My last phone was a Samsung that I got with aliant, for $25 with a 2year contract (gave it to my sister last year since it was under parents name and got the LG from telus), which is normally $250 if I didn't get the 2 year contract. It's that simple and the phone is holding up great for being a year old. No problems from it. Now, in another year and a half (2.5 years from start of contract), I can get a new phone with a deal by sort of renewing my contract, of course depending on what they are offering at the time. They could offer a phone I want for like $50 if you sign up for another 2years and so on.

Im surprised you didn't get those types of options, so where are you from again? I find it strange that you haven't heard of that type of stuff...

Vegas, NV.

We have kinda deals like that...if you sign a 2 yr contract instead of paying month by month you save A LOT of money in txting and nights and weekends. And we get like %10 off a new phone if you sign another 2 yr contract....i still paid like $400 for mine when I bought it new.

HandOfHeaven 2007-08-20 08:23 PM

I thought most 2-year contract dealers cream themselves when you signup with them, so you usually get the phone for free.