Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Gaming Stupidity (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35723)

KaMiOfFaLsEhOpE 2005-02-22 06:39 PM

Gaming Stupidity

the saying that video gamers are the dumbest group of people is floating around my school and i personaly take offense to it and the facts are gamers are some of the smartest people in all so what are your thought on this

Demosthenes 2005-02-22 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaMiOfFaLsEhOpE
the saying that video gamers are the dumbest group of people is floating around my school and i personaly take offense to it and the facts are gamers are some of the smartest people in all so what are your thought on this

There's some of us that are smart, and others who are stupid, like any other group of people. I do think that we're above average, though. We act stupid, or lazy sometimes, but there are plenty of us who are very smart. In fact, two of the smartest people I know via the internet are right here, in WW (though I don't agree with what he does most of the time) and Raziel.

Sovereign 2005-02-22 08:14 PM

It's probably said by the kind of people who throw a dead, inflated pig around and try to run past a line to score points.

HandOfHeaven 2005-02-22 08:16 PM

I fucking hate jocks.

Raziel 2005-02-23 12:49 AM

Gamers are just as capable of being dumbasses as the football team is. I've met nerds that are stupider than linebackers, many of which spewed forth from that unholy seething pit of a D2 forum we've got here.

However, the idea that gamers are all morons is preposterous. The most intelligent people I know are game-nerds. Whomever told you that was obviously born with a pair of buttcheeks in his skull, instead of a standard-issue brain.

pr0xy 2005-02-23 11:30 AM

Agreed. Sure alot of gamers are smart... But they are not all smart. It is really just like any other social (Or anti-social =P) group. To say all gamers are stupid or all gamers are smart is preposterous. Sure alot of us act stupid. But its funny to us. Who cares what other fucktards think. All my gaming buddies are quite intelligent.

JRwakebord 2005-02-23 12:14 PM

What about those of us that are both athletes and gamers? And yes, intelligent too.

Grav 2005-02-23 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjordan2nd
There's some of us that are smart, and others who are stupid, like any other group of people. I do think that we're above average, though. We act stupid, or lazy sometimes, but there are plenty of us who are very smart. In fact, two of the smartest people I know via the internet are right here, in WW (though I don't agree with what he does most of the time) and Raziel.

I see how it is

I think it's a mixed bag. I think a huge majority of gamers that you see on the internet are in fact, sheltered and retarded. However, I try to surround myself with the opposite type.

Something like 90% faggots 5% intelligent assholes 5% intelligent wimps

!King_Amazon! 2005-02-23 12:40 PM

I'm an intelligent asshole and an intelligent wimp, do I get a category of my own?

WW is like an encyclopedia of worthless shit.

Grav 2005-02-23 12:58 PM

Being an asshole overrides being a wimp

Demosthenes 2005-02-23 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GravitonSurge
I see how it is

I forgot Grav. Grav is definitely up there in that list. So are a bunch of other people I didn't mention, those two names were the first to pop into my head.

Penny_Bags 2005-02-23 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjordan2nd

Well then you and WW can't both be smart.... disagreeing all the time.....

!King_Amazon! 2005-02-23 03:09 PM

So smart people can't disagree with each other?

That's a pretty stupid statement in itself.

Penny_Bags 2005-02-23 03:37 PM

Well... some philosophers claim that there is ultimately an object truth and false to every matter... I happen to believe that. I guess there is no correlation to intelligence... other than that intelligent people are usually right about issues. What I meant was, one of them has to be wrong... and one has to be right.... and if they are frequently disagreeing... I'm guessing a trend of who is right and who is wrong would be established... but it's just a theory with no logical backing. Better now?

!King_Amazon! 2005-02-23 07:00 PM

Well when I myself talk to WW, he usually disagrees with everything me or anyone else says, I think it's just part of what he is.

I think he was made by microsoft.

KaMiOfFaLsEhOpE 2005-02-24 02:42 PM

thanks and its one of those facts that you over hear at lunch and i just took offense to it cuz i am smarter stronger and better then the ppl that said it just wanted other opinions

!King_Amazon! 2005-02-24 02:56 PM

You just said it is a fact. I believe you are incorrect. It is most definately an opinion.

KaMiOfFaLsEhOpE 2005-02-25 07:33 AM

sorry i was tired and i have a tendancy of typing the wrong words its one of those opinions is really what i meant

pr0xy 2005-02-25 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaMiOfFaLsEhOpE
thanks and its one of those facts that you over hear at lunch and i just took offense to it cuz i am smarter stronger and better then the ppl that said it just wanted other opinions

=/

KA is an asshole? Wow... Since when? =/