Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Gaming (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Last game you've beaten. (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49085)

Senesia 2009-06-01 11:09 AM

Last game you've beaten.

Simple question, what's the last game you've beaten?
Long or short answer.

Not so simple question, what do you count as "beaten?"
Some say as long as they've seen the credit rolling, they've beaten the game. Which makes it very easy to beat those multi-ending beat-em up type games which have more than 20 endings. But some would consider having viewed all endings as finishing a game, and of course there are people who always aim for unlocking everything thing in the game.. and at the end they'd only finish one or two game in their lifetime.

My last game was Resident Evil 5, I finished Veteran in split screen, didn't finish pro, and don't really plan to. It was a pretty fun 20 hours..

Do people still play games around here?

!King_Amazon! 2009-06-01 11:10 AM

The guitar has really pulled my attention away from video games lately. I'd say the last game I really beat was Diablo 1 a couple months ago.

Lenny 2009-06-01 11:24 AM

The last game I saw the credits rolling on was probably Uncharted: Drake's Fortune on the PS3. Or maybe even the original Guild Wars on the PC.

The last game I completed 100% wassss... maybe the original Spyro? Or the second.

I think of beaten as finished, and completed as 100% finished.

-Spector- 2009-06-01 11:51 AM

Fallout 3.

Senesia 2009-06-01 11:58 AM

Which version of Fallout 3 did you play? What kind of character did you build?
I played it on a PS3, and I actually didn't quite finish it (I did finish it just to see the disappointing ending, but there are things I'd like to do first.. and at the end I ended up not playing the game again at all.)

I was a pretty evil female character.. blown up Megaton, enslaved a lot of people..

It's just disappointing how your actions and choices in the game didn't actually have anything to do with the endings, or how it could affect the choices you have at the end.

D3V 2009-06-01 12:18 PM

I purchased Guitar Hero (World Tour) for my brothers this last Christmas, and about 1.5/2 weeks after buying the game we finished most of Expert, and about a week after that Expert was cleared in good teamwork.. so GH:WT would be the last game i've beaten. In great time too.

Chruser 2009-06-01 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Senesia (Post 673541)
It's just disappointing how your actions and choices in the game didn't actually have anything to do with the endings, or how it could affect the choices you have at the end.

The original Fallout games are amongst the very few games in which immoral actions make a difference. I didn't think the Fallout 3 ending was remarkably disappointing per se; it just didn't hold up to those of the original two games due to over-hyped prospects of malevolence that didn't really exist.

In retrospect, I find this interview amusing:

BORKED

On topic: Turtles in Time (SNES)

!King_Amazon! 2009-06-01 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chruser (Post 673544)
On topic: Turtles in Time (SNES)

Oh fuck. Chruser is right. We played Turtles in Time together. That was actually the last game I've beaten, lol.

Senesia 2009-06-01 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chruser (Post 673544)
The original Fallout games are amongst the very few games in which immoral actions make a difference. I didn't think the Fallout 3 ending was remarkably disappointing per se; it just didn't hold up to those of the original two games due to over-hyped prospects of malevolence that didn't really exist.

But I mean, isn't it a little disappointing that with max intelligence and max Science, and Robotic Expert, I cannot somehow alter the AI with my robot follower so it could go into the room in my place?

Then there's no real difference whether I'm Saintly or Evil, or Neutral.

Not "remarkably disappointing," true, but disappointing nonetheless.

Grav 2009-06-01 01:49 PM

Last game I finished was... Company of Heroes, the campaigns.

HandOfHeaven 2009-06-01 02:44 PM

Command and Conquer Generals: Zero Hour. Each campaign, and each General's Challenge.

WetWired 2009-06-01 04:33 PM

Valkyria Chronicles. And the DLC missions.

I also beat WoW recently. And by beat I mean I beat my addiction (found a better one...).

Grav 2009-06-01 06:24 PM

You mean WAR?

Senesia 2009-06-01 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired (Post 673569)
Valkyria Chronicles. And the DLC missions.

I also beat WoW recently. And by beat I mean I beat my addiction (found a better one...).

That's including Selveria's missions?
I've been thinking about getting the DLC, but I'll need a prepaid card because the copy of VC I have access to is the Japanese version.

How many missions are there in her campaign? Does it let you change difficulty? Is she.. godly?

WetWired 2009-06-02 12:04 AM

There are two DLC "campaigns". The first is a single (long) mission, and the second has 3 missions. Both are significantly harder than normal missions. By default, there is no difficulty option for the campaign and I have not purchased the add-on to add it, so I have no clue if it effects DLC difficulty.

Selveria is quite powerful, but circumstances down-play that power.

Titusfied 2009-06-02 03:05 AM

I haven't been playing games that much, but for some reason I'm still finding the Guitar Hero games pretty damn fun. I'm pretty fucking good too, so it's not really very difficult anymore... The only song on GH:WT that I even failed on before finally beating was Joe Satriali (Sp?) - Satch Boogie. Although, the last game I beat was GH: Metallica. That was actually more difficult, but only a good 3 or 4 songs took more than one try to beat on Expert.

Willkillforfood 2009-06-02 04:46 AM

Last game I truly beat was Portal. Most games I play don't have a definitive ending.

Jessifer 2009-06-02 08:59 AM

I replayed FFVI and beat it again recently. Outside of replaying older games on my DS, WoW takes up a majority of my time.

Skurai 2009-06-02 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessifer (Post 673626)
I replayed FFVI and beat it again recently.

Same.

Other then that... Digimon World 3

Senesia 2009-06-03 07:36 AM

From all these replies, I'm getting a feeling that either people don't play the more recent games anymore (or, not beating them), or are generally just playing games that don't really end such as MMO and rhythm type games.

Weird..