Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   I ruined my life. (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50930)

-Spector- 2012-06-15 04:10 PM

I ruined my life.

Shit sucks, bro. Learn from me - Stay away from drugs / extreme uses of alcohol and don't be a dumbshit like I have been since I was 13.

God, what a fucking failure.

On a side note, I'm taking donations via PayPal for my living expenses. (LOL JK)

Ask someone who fails at life anything.

!King_Amazon! 2012-06-15 04:53 PM

I'm gonna go ahead and say you (referring to people in general, not necessarily -Spector-) can do drugs and drink alcohol and not ruin your life, so the whole "stay away from drugs/alcohol" statement is for the birds. I drink socially and do drugs and my life is fine. I hope things get better for you soon, as much shit as I give you I still don't want to see you hit rock bottom. You just have to keep in mind that tomorrow can always be better, you are the one who determines that outcome.

Grav 2012-06-15 05:10 PM

What happened?

Wed-G 2012-06-15 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 698317)
the whole "stay away from drugs/alcohol" statement is for the birds.

Yeah, I'm capable of ruining my own life without those things.

Sum Yung Guy 2012-06-15 06:26 PM

Stop the chemicals, stick with pot. I was in the same boat, snorting coke, and poppin pills as much as I could in my early 20's. Almost ruined my military career. But then I sought help, stopped doing all the hard shit, and just learned to enjoy a joint every now and then. You just gotta mellow out your life man.

Asamin 2012-06-15 09:55 PM

Good luck turning your life around man. I managed pretty well. You just need a good incentive and you can do anything.

KagomJack 2012-06-15 11:51 PM

OP is a faggot.

I couldn't resist. :( I'm also the same as K_A. My life is dandy.

kaos 2012-06-15 11:58 PM

Bro, don't think it's already too late to change your lifestyle. You're not a dirty-bearded 59 year old man wearing an open bathrobe with no shirt on, sitting a broken recliner outside of his trailer drinking a tall-can at 9:37 in the morning.

Like K_A said, drinking and drugs won't necessarily ruin your life, but if you're prioritizing them before doing things that would actually benefit your life in the long run (AKA a job, family, not necessarily friends because a lot of the times in a lifestyle like ours we only befriended those people because they were doing the same) then yes, they can definitely ruin your life.

Take it from me, a person who did nothing but get drunk, stay high 5 days out of the week like it was a day job. To be honest, I really didn't know what to do with my life. I had given up, and was confused with why it all mattered. I wouldn't take care of myself and was with whatever. Having a kid changed that for me, it gave me a reason.. It might not have been the reason that I wanted, or a reason that would work for you, but I was happy enough it was there for me to make a decision. It was either be high and not give a fuck, or be happy with life and that I have a reason for it. Feels like when you're doing one, the others getting away.

It's not easy to change, it's gonna be a struggle. I'm still fighting urges to pop pills, especially when I have lots of work and stressing. But I know that I'm better than that and don't need them to function. That's just your mind fucking with you, I usually just go do something else. Withdrawal's a bitch and can inflate your feelings of anger, hate, and depression even if the smallest issue occurs.

In the end, you'll feel a lot better when it's all in the past.

On a side note, at least you're not in denial lol.

Asamin 2012-06-16 08:37 AM

I reached a point where I felt like everything was pointless. My life was falling apart. I didn't fall into drugs and drinking. But I did get really depressed. You can pull through it man.

KagomJack 2012-06-16 10:00 AM

I guess it's my turn to say something meaningful, so here it is.

It's your own damn fault. The only way to fix it is through your own initiative. Drugs and drinking why you say your life is that way? Bullshit. You let it control your life. If you're at least making strides to fix things, then you're on the right path. What Kaos said is true. You have to make that choice. But I suspect you're working on things, so sorry if it came off a little harsh, but when I see people say things like that, it bothers me. I think that you're going to be fine and that you're going to get your shit straight and make your life a helluva lot better. At least you don't have to worry about whether or not you're going to wake up and worry about catching some infectious disease you'll die from because where you live is a third world shithole and can't get proper treatment. At least you can go through a sobriety program if you so choose to because you have it better than a lot of people.

All that said, good luck man. I'd donate money, but I'm a bit strapped for cash thanks to my root canal.

Grav 2012-06-16 10:09 AM

^ Dats real talk.

As I write this, I am remembering the crazy looking guy across the street that's always wearing a slipknot shirt. We made awkward eye contact at 2 in the morning while he was smoking something on his one-step stoop and a shiver of hopelessness shot down my spine on his behalf. He lives with at least 5 people in an apartment connected to a laundromat. Hard drugs go in, weird people come out. You don't wanna be that guy.

!King_Amazon! 2012-06-16 10:58 AM

Donating money to a drug addict/alcoholic seems pretty moronic to me.

Skurai 2012-06-16 02:03 PM

-Spector-, do you watch MLP:FiM or purchase Pollipop Chainsaw?

!King_Amazon! 2012-06-16 03:40 PM

I swear you are more gay than Kagom.

jamer123 2012-06-16 06:35 PM

i dont have to swear that he is ... i fucking know he is

KagomJack 2012-06-16 10:07 PM

I can't help myself, I'm a really nice guy who wants to help everyone.

!King_Amazon! 2012-06-16 11:27 PM

Which is exactly why it is moronic. You could be contributing to his overdose for all you know. You can't save the world, and by trying to do so you'll often do more harm than good.

Asamin 2012-06-17 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 698344)
Which is exactly why it is moronic. You could be contributing to his overdose for all you know. You can't save the world, and by trying to do so you'll often do more harm than good.

True words there. People have to fix their own problems, if you try to fix the problems for them then once you go away they'll fall into shit again.

KagomJack 2012-06-17 09:52 AM

Hence why I don't loan anyone money. It's more of a "Wish I could" sort of thing. I've had people with drug and gambling problems do it and I've been burned before in the past and had to learn that lesson the hard way.

Skurai 2012-06-17 12:03 PM

Well look at it this way: if you give them enough money, they'll overdose and be out of everyone who's worth a damn's way. So even destruction is a good result. Praise Shiva!