Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diablo III (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=392)
-   -   Things don't sound good for D3 hacking (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46242)

!King_Amazon! 2008-06-28 04:27 PM

Things don't sound good for D3 hacking

In all honesty, I don't think D3 hacking will be anywhere near the same as D2 hacking. Call me pessimistic.

I remember reading somewhere this morning that they are planning to make preventing cheating a big focus of theirs, and will be able to do so with the "new" battle.net that they are going to have for D3 and SC2. They said that the new battle.net will be much more effective at stopping hackers and cheaters.

Blizzard isn't the silly little game company they used to be. They've got a lot of experience dealing with preventing hacking and such, and the Warden is pretty good proof of that. That, along with the new battle.net, makes me think that we won't see hacking or cheating even on the same level as what we saw with D2.

WetWired 2008-06-28 04:43 PM

Couldn't you use a virtual PC program to hide your hacks and expoits from the warden?

!King_Amazon! 2008-06-28 08:59 PM

From the sound of things, the Warden isn't going to be the only problem. The Warden exists right now. I'm sure they'll make it bigger and badder, but they'll probably have other tricks up their sleeves as well.

Vollstrecker 2008-06-28 10:14 PM

At the risk of being an ass, I have to say, "It's almost like they learned something in the last 10 years". ;)

Things aren't good at all for WoW-hacking, however if Diablo III still stores a lot of stuff clientside, it'll still be a damn sight better than WoW in terms of hacking/etc.

HandOfHeaven 2008-06-28 10:28 PM

I wonder if you'll have to pay to play...

!King_Amazon! 2008-06-29 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vollstrecker (Post 642846)
At the risk of being an ass, I have to say, "It's almost like they learned something in the last 10 years". ;)

Things aren't good at all for WoW-hacking, however if Diablo III still stores a lot of stuff clientside, it'll still be a damn sight better than WoW in terms of hacking/etc.

I don't doubt that there will be SOME sort of hacks/cheats, as I don't think those will ever be prevented in any game completely. I just don't think it will be nearly the same as it is in Diablo 2. The Warden makes it pretty certain that, if you do hack/cheat, you'll only be able to do so for a very short time.

Blizzard has clearly learned a lot about hack prevention. Look at WoW, for example. While it isn't hack free, hackers don't stick around for long at all. Even botters get the banstick eventually.

Makes me a bit worried about us focusing on being a D3 hacking community. At the very least, I think we should focus on being something more like diabloii.net is. They have all sorts of general Diablo discussion, strategy forums for every character class, statistics forum for number crunching and such, and a trade forum for item pricing and finding people to trade with. They don't condone or support hacking in any way, and they're doing just fine.

We could essentially do the same thing, and still have a section for hacking. Focusing on hacking alone might be a mistake, though.

Vollstrecker 2008-07-04 03:02 AM

I didn't imagine we'd be solely D3 hacking, that'd be retarded. Hell, we were never even all D2 hacking, a lot of the forum was build ideas and tutorials...

Hades-Knight 2008-07-06 06:43 AM

Please, get the original D2 Krew up in here and we'll get a dupe method.....(Im looking at you xenn)

-Spector- 2008-07-06 11:44 AM

And hellmonkeys.

!King_Amazon! 2008-07-06 12:21 PM

UN#1.

slaynish 2008-07-06 02:02 PM

the days when zel used to be leet...

except me, i'm still real real leet

-Spector- 2008-07-06 02:35 PM

Oh those were the days alright... :/

Asamin 2008-07-15 07:29 AM

What about an open battle.net. Do you think they will make another one of those in this game? It really did keep peoples want to hack down cuz they could do it there.

!King_Amazon! 2008-07-15 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asamin (Post 644396)
What about an open battle.net. Do you think they will make another one of those in this game? It really did keep peoples want to hack down cuz they could do it there.

I don't think that it really had any effect on whether or not people hacked on closed battle.net. They could just as easily hack in single player. It's not the same when everyone else is using the same hacks. People use hacks on closed battle.net to gain an advantage over others, because they are assholes.

They'll probably have an open battle.net, though. The whole point of open battle.net is that you can play your single-player characters there.

`Insolence` 2008-07-17 04:13 AM

Hacking won't be slowed down at all, at least privately.

I promise you that :)

Shining Knights 2008-10-09 09:57 AM

It matters not whether you win or lose; what matters is whether I win or lose.