Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   News and Events (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=334)
-   -   The Pirate Bay has staff mutiny during relaunch (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52694)

D3V 2015-01-30 09:53 AM

The Pirate Bay has staff mutiny during relaunch

http://d.christiantoday.com/en/full/...=362&l=50&t=40

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/spin-off-pi...mutiny-1485781

TL;DR Pirate Bay got raided in December. Hardware confiscated, arrests made. TPB goes down indefinitely. Staff regroup, put countdown timer on new domain leading to Feb 1st. Staff gets "slimmed down" and those who were let go are pissed off, and plan to launch their own rival torrent site.

During the shutdown staff, and namely Mr. 10100100000 opted in the meantime people run their own versions of TPB, which resulted in 372 different versions of the Pirate Bay becoming active and hosted.

Should be interesting for the next few days to see how this plays out and how the revival of The Pirate Bay comes about.

!King_Amazon! 2015-01-31 10:02 AM

Private trackers are where it's at anyway

D3V 2015-02-02 12:14 PM

Icannothash

edit: I agree, but for users like you and similarly myself, we need moar seeds. Moar seeds come from more trees. More trees come from easy retard-proof access site like TPB, kickass.so, etc.

Skurai 2015-02-12 09:34 AM

It's shit like this that makes me want to dive into the IRC and find all the shit on there. I'm sure there's 1000 places to torrent hidden in that internet's internet.

D3V 2015-02-12 10:02 AM

I'm avoiding TPB and any other "popular" torrent site for a while. Seems like everything has been seized and is a honeypot now.

!King_Amazon! 2015-02-12 11:36 PM

What makes you think this, out of curiosity?

D3V 2015-02-13 10:14 AM

they front with CloudFlare.

Goodlookinguy 2015-02-13 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3V (Post 704857)
they front with CloudFlare.

Okay? So what? I front with CloudFlare. CloudFlare has many, many, wonderful features. The best one being anti-DDoS systems, watching over spam and its activities, and caching of files on the server to help lower server load. Don't assume because a place uses CloudFlare that it's a honeypot. Albeit, I haven't really been paying attention to any of this crap, so I don't know what's going on and don't really care.

D3V 2015-02-16 09:35 AM

They hoard IPs and frequently give information without resistance to the FBI.

I'm sure most of it is legitimate, but I ain't bout that life.

Skurai 2015-02-18 07:51 PM

Best method to not get caught;
cheap laptop/macbook/what have you + public wifi + daily trip to a different place + 1 download a day

Get a movie, never get caught.

D3V 2015-02-19 08:32 AM

Time is money, young man. The amount of wasted resources doing all of that shit is worth more than just buying said movie.

Skurai 2015-02-25 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3V (Post 704898)
Time is money, young man. The amount of wasted resources doing all of that shit is worth more than just buying said movie.

Not if you're doing it
1. On a day off
2. At a place you visit often (not often enough to be suspicious)
or, my favorite
3. At work

I just use my old laptop that's crapped out, and transfer files when needed.
I'm also making a lot of money off of the movies that are now "impossible" to get online. Want Joe Dirt? $2 for the CD, $2 for the movie.

D3V 2015-02-26 10:42 AM

You should just upload them all onto Youtube with said method.
Put ads on video
make partner account
run adsense
???
PROFIT

Goodlookinguy 2015-03-01 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skurai (Post 704892)
Best method to not get caught;
cheap laptop/macbook/what have you + public wifi + daily trip to a different place + 1 download a day

Get a movie, never get caught.

...Your MAC address is likely recorded in all of those places via the router. They could trace back the infringement straight to your computer's network adapter.

A better way would be to get a proper VPN service. TorrentFreak just released their updated list recently. That will help to mask your router's MAC and thus actually providing some anonymity. Mind you this assumes you're using Windows, which has some lovely backdoors that the NSA is using. Not that anyone, including myself, actually cares. So take anonymity with a grain of salt. Also don't forget about super and zombie cookies.

Skurai 2015-03-03 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodlookinguy (Post 704967)
zombie cookies.

What is this a 2005 chat room? On that note, I use ubuntu, and do a USB switch soon as I get to a safezone. But I'll definitely look into ways to take care of these "Super Cookies" you speak of, xGoodxLookingxGuy.

Goodlookinguy 2015-06-16 08:07 AM

Verizon is best known for their super cookie that they used to track everyone's activity over their wireless network.

As for other locations, be aware that flash cookies have become quite popular in the last handful of years since cleaners didn't typically remove them (they might now). I'd call those zombie cookies...although it's by no means the actual definition of said cookie type. I keep flash off 99% of the time ever since YouTube went HTML5.

All of this cookie talk is making me want some actual cookies. Maybe even those pirated cookies... http://torrentfreak.com/nintendo-sei...t-fans-150614/

(That's right, the only reason I replied, after all of this time, was to reference the "pirated" cookies...how sad...nah. I actually forgot about this thread. Spotted a reference in my logs to my images being downloaded with this place as the referral address. Anyways, I'm off to disappear for another 3-6 months before randomly posting on another thread once. I'm part of 2 other bustling forums now, so I don't pay much attention to here...)

!King_Amazon! 2015-06-16 08:23 AM

I'm gonna eat some cookies now.

Wallow 2015-06-24 09:42 AM

Forums are old news.