Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   RPGMaker (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=188)
-   -   [Any] Something new? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49040)

Skurai 2009-05-28 03:24 PM

Something new?

Is it possible to make a kind of "Tamagotchi" thing?
If so, how about some brain storming, I've already got some ideas of my own;
1.Only one map, no sprite for the person, and an oversized sprite for the animal/thing.
2.put the sprite on random....annnnnd....blah?

I need to know how to change the "Menu", and how to make "stats bars" and such, so that'd be a big help!

GLG, you there!?

Noob101 2009-05-29 07:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skurai (Post 673301)
GLG, you there!?

Whatever happened to people asking for BlueCube to help? :weird:

Anyways, you could have the sprite start at 100% in various areas (hunger, health, thirst, what have you) and have them go down by a certain % every once in awhile, or when a specific action takes place (happiness goes up when you pet the animal, for instance).

For the actual actions, you'd just have to make your own sprites for them (petting, feeding, etc.) and have the sprites change when you are doing one of these actions.

It won't be easy, and I don't think you'd get the same level of depth as Tomogachi.

Goodlookinguy 2009-05-30 06:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noob101 (Post 673387)
Whatever happened to people asking for BlueCube to help? :weird:

He's an old member who rarely visits, that's what happened. Plus, I surpass his skills in terms of how to use the makers. I also program in several different programming languages.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noob101 (Post 673387)
Anyways, you could have the sprite start at 100% in various areas (hunger, health, thirst, what have you) and have them go down by a certain % every once in awhile, or when a specific action takes place (happiness goes up when you pet the animal, for instance).

For the actual actions, you'd just have to make your own sprites for them (petting, feeding, etc.) and have the sprites change when you are doing one of these actions.

It won't be easy, and I don't think you'd get the same level of depth as Tomogachi.

Basically, what you're saying is to make several global events then call them every so often to update and retrieve information. Easy, no, hard, no. Doable, sure. Will I do it, no. Why won't I do it? Because I don't find there to be a point in doing this; and I have my own projects, not RPG Maker related, to work on.

Lenny 2009-05-31 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodlookinguy (Post 673423)
He's an old member who rarely visits, that's what happened. Plus, I surpass his skills in terms of how to use the makers. I also program in several different programming languages.

You still know how to make me laugh. :)

Noob101 2009-06-01 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Goodlookinguy (Post 673423)
Will I do it, no. Why won't I do it? Because I don't find there to be a point in doing this

...I miss Bluecube.

Back on topic, it looks like you're on your own, Skurai. Sorry. What Maker are you using, anyway?