Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Gaming (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Halo Wars (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48046)

Titusfied 2009-01-21 06:07 AM

Halo Wars

I was in GameStop the other day, about to buy a new copy of Halo 3 so I could play online again with you guys, but I decided against it because I saw that Halo Wars was coming out 2/2/09! Anyone have any information on the game? Style? Is it all on Live only?

Thanatos 2009-01-21 10:36 AM

I think it's an RTS style game.

Here's what you do to get a new Halo 3 disc: Rent a copy from Blockbuster or any movie rental place and return your broken disc to the store and keep the good copy. That's what I did. ^o^

Titusfied 2009-01-21 11:47 AM

Ahhhhh, very smart! Good idea, I'm just going to have to do that!

What does RTS style mean?

Thanatos 2009-01-21 01:51 PM

Real Time Strategy.. like Starcraft, Warcraft III, etc etc.

Titusfied 2009-01-22 06:40 AM

Hmm, never played those games, so I don't really know what it's like? Is it like Halo 3 on Live in the FPS perspective?

!King_Amazon! 2009-01-22 08:46 AM

You never played Starcraft or Warcraft? How about Red Alert or Age of Empires? You basically have a "base" and you build units to send off to kill your enemy's base. It isn't an FPS in the slightest.

There is, however, a new FPS Halo game coming out as well. I can't remember the name of it, but it was in the december issue of Official Xbox Magazine (which I highly recommend you guys subscribe to.)

Thanatos 2009-01-22 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titusfied (Post 665180)
Hmm, never played those games, so I don't really know what it's like? Is it like Halo 3 on Live in the FPS perspective?

After looking at halowars.com, no Halo Wars isn't a FPS. Like I mentioned earlier, it'll be an RTS game for the 360 where you can control armies of tanks, ghosts, banshees, etc.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KA
There is, however, a new FPS Halo game coming out as well. I can't remember the name of it, but it was in the december issue of Official Xbox Magazine (which I highly recommend you guys subscribe to.)

That'd be Halo 3:ODST which releases September 30th. I will definitely be getting this game.

Titusfied 2009-01-22 10:23 AM

Nice, I haven't even heard of that one in September! It's keeping the Halo 3 title though? Is it a full blown new game, or just an add on to 3?

JRwakebord 2009-01-24 06:46 PM

Halo 3:ODST is an expansion to Halo 3. It takes place on Earth between the events of Halo 2 and Halo 3. You play as an Orbital Drop Shock Trooper, essentially a special ops marine, fighting to retake New Mombasaa from the Covenant. You to NOT play as a Spartan.

Asamin 2009-01-24 09:36 PM

Damn, I would love to do that or play with you guys but guess what just happened to me. That's right, the infamous Red Ring of Death..... $*#&$^!*@&#^@*!&#^*@! you microsoft!!!! Why me??? I was one month out of warranty too.

JRwakebord 2009-01-25 04:49 PM

The original warranty? Because microsoft extended the warranty for RRoD issues because they were having so many problems. You might still be covered.

gruesomeBODY 2009-01-27 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JRwakebord (Post 665361)
The original warranty? Because microsoft extended the warranty for RRoD issues because they were having so many problems. You might still be covered.

Hes covered

Draco2003 2009-01-28 11:17 AM

Here is a video to Halo Wars, in case you haven't seen it yet. From my understanding, it is the opening engagement between humans and Covenant, and how this whole war got started. And it is coming from Ensemble Studios, who I think is responsible for the Age of Empires franchise. And the Spartans in the video, I am assuming from the info in the book, The Fall of Reach, is the same one that you play in the other Halo games. Just in Mark IV (is that 4?) Armor. I think I am going to pick it up when it comes out.