Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diablo I & II (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   ss or lidless (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22837)

D2Fan 2003-10-02 08:21 PM

ss or lidless

I wanted to know which sheild would be best for a nova/orb sorc on hc. ss or lidless? lidless has the + to skill, cast rate and mana = more killing power but ss will keep me alive and stop me from chickening every act in a rush ><. I just want peoples opinions and their overall decision. Thx.

RaZ 2003-10-02 08:45 PM

SS definitely you'll be much better off

Demosthenes 2003-10-02 09:11 PM

depends i guess on how ur making it...personally i'd go with ss

zagggon 2003-10-02 09:46 PM

ss for sure, cuzz it will help you block mephs orb of lightning and in general will as you said prevent your char from chickening to often which will in the long run mean more runs=more items faster.

celaron 2003-10-03 02:20 AM

i adore ss(mine was!!! socked with a -15req 12 allresi gg)
another sorc of mine got a ist in lidless...

but if u got life probs and so, use ss, its safer, if u have do chicken every 2nd or 3rd time, its not funny...

Senesia 2003-10-03 10:05 AM

Well, SS. Because you're in HC, and...which script are you using? Some of them don't dodge very well against Meph, so you will have to use SS.

-ice- 2003-10-03 06:50 PM

what would be the best shield for a pvp sorc? also ss?

RaZ 2003-10-03 09:54 PM

yes, id say so

Senesia 2003-10-03 11:01 PM

Then it depends on your build and your style.
Whitstan's Guard requires lower strength and less dex to max Blocking.

Lidless has FCR and Skill points, it depends on whether or not you need those FCR for you to hit the next BP. However, it will require a lot of dex to max blocking with it, so most would go for no blocking sorc. (And not avoid getting hit.)

Stormshield, well, highest str, relatively high dex to wield and max block with, but the Lightning resist and DR say it all...

itsmetam 2003-10-13 01:31 PM

Ss is a ton better!!!

Otaku 2003-10-20 01:09 PM

i just think thats the wrong folder for item questions .. dunno

Senesia 2003-10-20 01:24 PM

Well, it started off as a borderline bot-related thread, but now it is more of a general which item is better thread.

For those who say SS is the best...it is not always true. SS has DR, Resist, but it also has a higher strength requirement, and it requires more dex than Whitstan's to max blocking.

Using SS will result in lower HP, but the DR can possibly make that up. But it also depends on your playing style, because as a sorc, you shouldn't get a lot of hits anyway. Therefore, in a FFA, most sorcs would go for SS or Whitstan's. However, when PDR is not needed, most will use Lidless instead.

Bloodkrawller 2003-10-24 07:40 PM

:fire: Well I use a Luna Ryhme shield for my mf sorc but usually my second shield is the lidless cause I find them more and they seem to be cheaper to get than a SS. but if you got one than use it. (this is on softcore, don't have any hardcore players yet.)

zagggon 2003-10-25 12:41 AM

I use lidless for faster cast rate for pindle/mephbot.

Senesia 2003-10-25 12:47 AM

This is for HC, so defense should be considered first.
SS with no doubt, and the fact that you are letting the Bot to do the runs, your sorc will be to have moderate tanking ability.

`Insolence` 2003-10-25 03:39 PM

You cannot BLOCK elemental attacks with a shield, for one.

Get a whits guard, 2 p diamonds in it, you should be fine, also, use wizzy.