Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Republican or Democrat? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=38775)

Jamesadin 2006-02-23 03:59 PM

Republican or Democrat?

Who do you personally side with? If there was a snap election right now (saying that both sides had picked their leaders), who would you vote for? Who's platforms and ideals do you side with?

Even though I am Canadian, I would most definitly vote Democrat.

Lenny 2006-02-23 04:37 PM

I don't get which side is which.

The Republicans are...don't kill me...Bush, right? But what are the views of each side?

gruesomeBODY 2006-02-23 05:09 PM

I am a republican, but it doesnt stop me from voting for democrates. I just favor the views of a stronger leader. But that doesnt mean that democrates are weak.

Mantralord 2006-02-23 05:59 PM

communist here

sciencekid 2006-02-23 07:35 PM

i haven't had a real chance to vote yet because i just got registered within a year(or about there). but my parents are republican, so, im probably going to vote republican too. i just don't know too much about the views of either.

Demosthenes 2006-02-23 08:02 PM

Ironically, the galactic empire has more votes than the republicans.

Dar_Win 2006-02-23 08:26 PM

I mostly favor republicans, but I'm really neither.

Jessifer 2006-02-23 08:28 PM

Where is Independent?

Dark Jedi 2006-02-23 09:34 PM

Emperor Palpatine will kick Dubya's ass. So, I side with him.

sciencekid 2006-02-24 12:03 AM

emperor palpatine also isn't real, so how could he kick anyone's butt?

Draco2003 2006-02-24 12:25 AM

Its funny, the scenario you posted....a snap election, and we had to vote...WE (the people) don't really vote for president, as I found out when I voted a couple years ago(Kerry vs. Bush) You vote for your statesmen, who you HOPE will make the right decision in voting for president...which kinda sucks....

And for Lenny:
Democrats try to make too many factions to handle all the workings of America. They want people to have a say in EVERYTHING in the government.

Republicans want to do everything themselves with the people as a sort of "guide" to make the decision that they want, almost like a conscience. And how often do you listen to your conscience?

So all together, We have a mixed government, which is really good, because we have the best of both worlds....

and just so you people know....I am the one voter for not sure yet....yes, the lonely little unsure guy....

If anyone has any more accurate descriptions of the parties, post them...or websites to where we can read about them...

Grav 2006-02-24 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sciencekid
emperor palpatine also isn't real, so how could he kick anyone's butt?

I don't know, how can God kill someone?

sciencekid 2006-02-24 01:07 AM

hardy har, reeeeeal funny grav. God is real whether or not you believe he is.

Grav 2006-02-24 01:21 AM

Emporer Palpatine is real too. I have absolutely no proof, but a lot of people believe in him! There's even multiple books about him. In different languages! From a long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

Sometimes, people even gather together to discuss him!

Actually, Emporer Palpatine is more real than God. I can see Emporer Palpatine in the movies! I've never seen God. Isn't that something? It might be because he doesn't exist.

Dark Jedi 2006-02-24 02:49 AM

God will kill you for saying that.

Vollstrecker 2006-02-24 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Jedi

/feign interest

At any rate, I usually side more with the Democrats than Republicans, although there are times when fast, decisive leadership is warranted, which is something that the Democrats aren't naturally pre-dispositioned to.

That's from my observations, at least.

gruesomeBODY 2006-02-24 07:24 AM

Well then your def calling Geroge Lucas God cause he invented palpatine. Just wanted to make sure.

Grav 2006-02-24 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Jedi

Is that even a joke? I really can't tell.

Lenny 2006-02-24 09:21 AM

Well in that case, I'd go with the Republicans I think.

Dark Jedi 2006-02-24 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grav
Is that even a joke? I really can't tell.

It's up for your discretion.