Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Help (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=329)
-   -   Science/Religion question (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14161)

crystiltormet 2003-01-28 10:36 AM

Science/Religion question

I'm doing this thing for science about religion vs science and there is some questions that I'd like you to answer. First answer the Noah's Ark poll and tell me what your answer was with your age, then can you tell me if you believe in God and religion. Can you also please tell me why. I'm sorry if this bothers you because there have been so many other threads over religion.:noid:

Jamesadin 2003-01-28 10:42 AM

I vote option #3

crystiltormet 2003-01-28 10:49 AM

Yeah, you don't have to tell me here cause you already told me @ school.:p

Mr.Lee 2003-01-28 11:31 AM

* I dont care...

crystiltormet 2003-01-28 02:37 PM

It doesn't really matter if you do or not....

Silverjinx18 2003-01-28 08:41 PM

I voted the last one...the the Bible should be taken literally...I'm 18 and I've always believed in the Bible being truthfull...I think somethings in science are true, but I really do hate how it tries to have some lame excuss for most everything the Bible says...

Shpook 2003-01-28 11:25 PM

How do you know the Bible is making some lame excuses for what science says? Back when the Bible was written, there wasnt the technology there was today. The majority of things we take for granted today couldnt be explained back then. In all reality, the Bible and religion itself could just be the only explanation they could think of then.

DaFrigginDoctah 2003-01-29 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silverjinx18
I voted the last one...the the Bible should be taken literally...I'm 18 and I've always believed in the Bible being truthfull...I think somethings in science are true, but I really do hate how it tries to have some lame excuss for most everything the Bible says...

Yeah it really sucks. I hate curiousity of science and technology. Always sticking it's nose where it doesnt belong. It should just lay docile and never occure huh? I completely agree. Let the plagues run rapid as they will. Let people die every day due to no medical advancement.
Fucking scientists and their desire / quest for knowledge / truth.
Grrrrrrrrrrrr.
By the way, I am not trying to get into a huge never-ending debate like on the last religion thread, I was just bored.

Randuin 2003-01-29 08:20 AM

option 4! pwnz0r

EX-Mania 2003-01-29 12:53 PM

moved to Help forum.

EDIT: Whoops, sorry for the inconvenience, i moved to help forum (i thought it was a science and/or religion class question) so i'm going to re-move it back to general mayhem.

No harm done, a problem isnt a problem until it can't be fixed ;-)

MKR 2003-01-29 05:25 PM

Hmm, with several million species of animals, there's no way he could get them all and put them on an ark(especialy the microscopic ones). Additionaly, thousands of years inbreeding after the flood would cause the gene pool to get all messed up.

Another question is raised: How did he know about animals in, as of then, unknown parts of the world?

And if god is so almighty, why did he have to be so damn elaborate, why not just will all the things he didn't want out of exsistence?

bleh

Tai 2003-01-29 05:45 PM

Remember children, the bible was written by people who thought the world was flat.

Wiccan][V][asta 2003-01-29 07:43 PM

I myself find it complete fabrication. I'm a firm believer in scientific evidence. There is none as far as I know. And I know, there have been "sightings of it's existance", although there are people who claim to have seen it. Who's to say they're telling the truth? People lie all the time, it's their minuet in the spotlight.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai
Remember children, the bible was written by people who thought the world was flat.

Also, good point.

Tai 2003-01-29 10:47 PM

Mathematics is the only true religion, as it is also the only one capable of proving itself.

Hell Hound 2003-01-30 04:27 AM

the whole concept of the bible is fucked up. the church people have the best bullshit story; there is an invisible man who sees everything and is all powerful created the earth and he has a list of things you can't do. Not only that he always needs money, All wise all powerful.. Can't handle money. I don't argue that their isn't "a God" i just think the bible is bullshit heaven same for anything in the bible

sir.dennis 2003-02-01 12:00 AM

#3 There are facts that there was a great flood.

sir.dennis 2003-02-01 12:02 AM

You dont have to ask others what they think about religion if you believe, you believe.

Sorry about the double post!!! Ill try not to do it again.

quikspy67 2003-02-01 04:03 PM

Just edit it.

I voted #3.

crystiltormet 2003-02-02 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sir.dennis
You dont have to ask others what they think about religion if you believe, you believe.

Um...this is for school thats why I'm asking.

sir.dennis 2003-02-02 11:48 AM

Im just saying what i believe.