Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Fox News: Playing politics (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=48817)

D3V 2009-04-28 06:25 AM

Fox News: Playing politics

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Fox won't air Obama's prime-time press conference

Quote:

Fox Broadcasting Company announced Monday it will not carry President Barack Obama's prime time press conference marking his first 100 days in office, the first time a broadcast network has refused an Obama administration request for that valuable airtime.

The network will instead carry its regularly scheduled episode "Lie to Me," according to its Web site. The show is among the network's most popular and draws an average of 13 million viewers a week. That compares to the relatively paltry 4.2 million who watched the president's last prime-time press conference on Fox. In all, close to 40 million watched that event on one of the eight networks that carried it.

Obama's press conference also comes at the start of the May "sweeps" period, when viewership is watched closely to set the rate networks can charge for advertising.

In a statement to the Hollywood Reporter, the network said it will alert viewers just ahead of the 8 pm ET event that the press conference will be broadcast on sister stations Fox News and Fox Business Channel.

CBS, NBC, and ABC have said they will pre-empt their regularly scheduled programs to air the president's news conference.

The Wednesday night event will be Obama's third prime-time press conference as president. His prime-time address to Congress in February was also carried by all four major broadcast networks.

The White House is not commenting on Fox's decision.
What do you guys think about this? The rest of the networks are going to be carrying this, and yet the most Fair and Balanced network won't be covering this? Srsly?

Sum Yung Guy 2009-04-28 06:29 AM

Thats why I don't watch broadcast television anymore. YouTube and Amazon for this guy.

D3V 2009-04-28 06:49 AM

I'll have to agree. But seriously, which network can even be taken seriously anymore?

Sum Yung Guy 2009-04-28 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3V (Post 670610)
I'll have to agree. But seriously, which network can even be taken seriously anymore?

Comedy Central and Showtime.

!King_Amazon! 2009-04-28 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3V (Post 670606)
http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/

Fox won't air Obama's prime-time press conference

What do you guys think about this? The rest of the networks are going to be carrying this, and yet the most Fair and Balanced network won't be covering this? Srsly?

I don't personally see the big deal. Fox News and Fox Business Channel will be broadcasting it, it's only "Fox" that won't be broadcasting, because they don't want to cancel one of their most popular shows during this vital time when viewership is being watched to set the cost of advertising.

I dislike Fox News just as much as the next guy, but this is actually a pretty rational move on Fox's part. Fox News IS broadcasting it, it's only Fox that isn't.

D3V 2009-04-28 11:45 AM

Yeah, I was aware of that. But srsly, what comes on tuesday nights at Fox that's more important? They ran EVERY press conference EVER by president Bush on the regular Fox move, which is why I call it biased. Not because they won't now, but that they have before when it was President Bush.

WetWired 2009-04-28 11:53 AM

Did he have any at the same time at the same time of year?

Sum Yung Guy 2009-04-28 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired (Post 670628)
Did he have any at the same time at the same time of year?

It shouldn't matter, it is a press conference by the President of the United States of America. There is more important things than money and ratings and Fox does not get that. I am sure based on our reaction here that there are a ton of others just like us who don't have any respect for Fox, and this might actually make their ratings go down.

D3V 2009-04-28 01:59 PM

That's how I feel really. Even with the previous president, I would sit and watch almost any press conference, or address to the nation, no matter how much I disagreed with him.

Wallow 2009-04-28 05:06 PM

I think partly its due to what King Amazon mentioned, and also that FOX is basically a Republican station (they have criticized Obama constantly). I prefer ABC as I really have not seen a bias to it.

D3V 2009-04-29 06:38 AM

Well, atleast even YouTube is going to stream the Presidential address tonight, that's cool. I think the whole 100-day mark is another story, I think it's stupid to judge the president's office at 100 days, being that substantial work still needs to be done, and only the tip of the iceberg has been lopped off at this point.