Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   News and Events (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=334)
-   -   Indiana Officers Accused Of Using Taser On 10-Year-Old (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50114)

!King_Amazon! 2010-03-31 10:59 PM

Indiana Officers Accused Of Using Taser On 10-Year-Old

2 Martinsville Officers Suspended After Day Care Incident

MARTINSVILLE, Ind. -- Two Martinsville police officers have been suspended after they were accused of using a Taser to subdue a 10-year-old.

A news release from the mayor's office and the Martinsville Police Department said the officers responded Tuesday evening to a local day care on reports of a 10-year-old who was out of control.

The release said that the officers, trying to prevent the child from hurting other children, staff members and himself, slapped the boy and then used a Taser to subdue him.

Officials said officers had been called to the day care before about the same child.

"While the department will not condone the unnecessary treatment of any subject, regardless of age, in any apprehension situation, additional comments will not be made pending results of the final investigation," the release read.

Officials said the two officers have been suspended with pay and placed on administrative leave pending the outcome of an investigation by the Morgan County Sheriff's Department.

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/23017669/detail.html

!King_Amazon! 2010-03-31 11:01 PM

Two police officers can't handle a 10 year old without a taser? Really? Come on. Tasers are supposed to be a non-lethal alternative to guns. If they didn't have tasers, would they have shot the kid? This shit is getting out of hand.

Skurai 2010-04-01 08:55 AM

They didn't even need to slap him. Grab his arms and let him throw his fit until he's all tired out. The cops are either trigger happy, or think life is like a movie. Infact, when was the last time they made a realistic "cop movie"?
Really though... I'm sure even I could've handled that better.

S2 AM 2010-04-01 11:29 PM

It's sad that our society has reached the point where police are needed to quell a 10 year old.

!King_Amazon! 2010-04-01 11:57 PM

Indeed, I blame everyone involved, not just the cops.

First of all, why is the kid out of control to the point that the day care can't subdue him? Is he incredibly unstable, are they incompetent, or are they afraid the parents might sue them if they harm their precious little snowflake?

Second, why didn't the day care call the parents instead of the fucking police? Unless the kid has a fucking weapon and he's potentially going to seriosly injure people, it is not an emergency. And this wasn't even the first time the cops had dealt with the kid.

Third, what the FUCK could possibly go through someone's mind to make them think they can taser a 10 year old? Tasers are NOT non-lethal, they are less-lethal, and are supposed to be an alternative to guns to save the lives of criminals, which I think is pretty cool on paper, but that isn't how they do things. But really, unless the kid had a weapon and was going to really hurt someone, there's only one thing that could possibly make these cops think it's okay to taser a 10 year old kid:

"I can get away with it."

It isn't as if they could possibly be scared of a 10 year old kid, or be unable to subdue him without weapons. And the sad fact is, they can and will get away with it, largely because we allow them to. For some reason, people have a hard time holding authority figures accountable for their actions. And the system is so screwed up that basically the cops get a nice paid vacation for doing this. Apathy breeds this shit. You can't let your rights be bullied away from you by police officers. Don't get me wrong, I'm no anarchist and I'm not saying people should break the law or form millitias or anything, but stand up for your rights. If the corrupt cops stop feeling like they can just get away with anything, episodes like this will become less frequent. The type of thing I'm talking about is say if an officer pulls me over and asks to search my car, regardless of whether or not I have anything illegal, I'm going to say "no" and unless he has probable cause or a warrant, that's that.

Unless he tasers me and bashes my skull in.

Thanatos 2010-04-02 07:48 AM

This town is 15 minutes away from here and is where I spent 48 hours in jail. All of the cops are self-righteous pricks and I'm not the least bit surprised to hear about this.

I fucking hate Morgan county cops.

Thanatos 2010-04-02 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by !King_Amazon! (Post 687496)
I
First of all, why is the kid out of control to the point that the day care can't subdue him? Is he incredibly unstable, are they incompetent, or are they afraid the parents might sue them if they harm their precious little snowflake?

Second, why didn't the day care call the parents instead of the fucking police? Unless the kid has a fucking weapon and he's potentially going to seriosly injure people, it is not an emergency. And this wasn't even the first time the cops had dealt with the kid.

The kid is a foster child. No parents. I'm not sure who his legal guardians are.

!King_Amazon! 2010-04-02 08:21 AM

A foster child would have foster parents, no? At least, that's my experience, limited as it may be.

Either way, everyone fucked up here I think.

Skurai 2010-04-02 11:13 AM

He could live at an orphan place. Then again, that makes me ask why he's at a daycare, when he should be ... doing... orphan stuff. Like skating around the gym in his socks.
But, yeah, again, this is pretty rediculous. Infact does anyone know why the kid was freaking out, anyway? Was he being picked on? I remember, I used to get picked on alot, and then I'd freak out, and in the end, the teacher sent me to counseling, because I was "mentally unstable"? Wtf is this shit? Of course, my counselor said I was completely normal.
(The part where I'm not rambling is underlined)