Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Tech Help (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=329)
-   -   E:\ Drive Error (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26553)

Titusfied 2004-01-09 03:26 PM

E:\ Drive Error

1 Attachment(s)
For some reason, I can't access my CD-ROM or DVD Drvies anymore... I keep getting the error message shown on the attachment. Anyone have any idea what so ever what the fuck I screwed up?

Grav 2004-01-09 03:28 PM

First, I'd shut down your comp, and unplug it. Then unplug the cables going into that drive, make sure the contacts are clean (use q-tips) and try reconnecting everything.

Titusfied 2004-01-09 03:29 PM

Hmm, I'm going to do that right now...

Titusfied 2004-01-09 04:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, that didn't work, but when I started up, I got a message icon, and when I clicked on it, I got this message:

RoboticSilence 2004-01-09 04:22 PM

Are you sure you didn't accidentally uninstall your drivers or something?

Titusfied 2004-01-09 04:27 PM

How can I find that out? I might of in the process of doing my HD cleaning. And will I be able to get them back if my computer won't even read any of my CDs anymore? Does Dell have these for download for owners?

D3V 2004-01-09 04:41 PM

"reaches into bag of tricks"

Ok first thing is. Have You tried other Cds?

If so, go to Control Panel System < < Device manager < (Look on the list of stuff and go to DVD / Cd Rom drives < Click the one that isn't working and go to it's properties < (at the bottom of the properties window, look where it says Device Usage ... Now make sure its selected to ENABLE. Try this real fast, and if it doesn't work say whats up.

EDITED BY D3V: Also, you could try doing a system restore. Now what you'll want to do is restore it to when you ARE POSITIVE when it was working. I would just try the restore then the 1st step.

Titusfied 2004-01-09 04:50 PM

Bah, it is enabled, and the earliest Restore Point is January 5th for some reason, and I've already gone to that point, which is still causing it not to work.

D3V 2004-01-09 04:55 PM

Ah, have you tried clicking back to december or nov?

Grav 2004-01-09 05:13 PM

This is what I found..

http://support.microsoft.com/default...&Product=winxp

If you still can't figure out what's wrong, I offer to do a remote connection to your comp, but I can't right now.. feeling woozy

Titusfied 2004-01-09 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3V
Ah, have you tried clicking back to december or nov?

It won't let me go to any other month prior to January...

Oh, and Grav, that looks like it is right on the money, but I don't have any time right now to do any of that, nor do I think their tech support for Roxio is open at this time. Thanks though.

Grav 2004-01-09 06:10 PM

You should just uninstall Roxio and install something else, like Nero.

RoboticSilence 2004-01-09 06:13 PM

Yes Nero = Teh pwnz.

D3V 2004-01-09 09:12 PM

I assumed that you have used your Cd player before, well roxio at least.

uncapped 2004-01-09 10:00 PM

I used to get that error about not being able to record too, but I could still read stuff with my drive. All I did was uninstall Easy CD and got myself Nero Platinum. No more troubles with recording since that.

By the way, you might be able to find a [sarcasm]free trial version[/sarcasm] of Nero on my FTP. PM me for a Login if you want it.

Medieval Bob 2004-01-09 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoboticSilence
Are you sure you didn't accidentally uninstall your drivers or something?

Call me stupid (a figure of speech), but I've never had to install a CD drive. Plug it in, the computer detects it, and it works.

You could always just try removing it in device manager, rebooting, and letting it auto-detect it when you boot.

D3V 2004-01-09 10:17 PM

If you have XP you don't need any program to burn cds, you can just burn them by dragging them to the blank cd in the cd rom, but its slow and inconvienant.

Eddie_Perez 2004-01-09 10:20 PM

Could always try my sig and get some pro help...

Titusfied 2004-01-10 11:27 AM

I'm actually going to try and delete it right now, and until I get a new burning application, just use my roommates shit.

I hope this works...

Titusfied 2004-01-10 11:53 AM

No dice... I uninstalled all my CD Burning applications, my Real Jukebox, and still, its not working... What. The. Fuck?