Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Member Introductions (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=333)
-   -   New to Zelaron (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46144)

Tynion 2008-06-20 10:29 AM

New to Zelaron

Hello.

My name is Chris Newton, and I am new to Zelaron. I was recruited by Yawgmoth, who is a member of my staff. Staff of what? The magazine that I am bringing to the Zelaron community.

Eye of the Vortex is a gaming magazine dedicated to .. well you - the Gamer.

I don't want this to come across as an advertisement, so I will leave it as that. That is the reason I am coming to the community.

For the last three years I have been a writer and editor for MagicDeckVortex.com. I also was the Lead Writer (editor-in-chief) for that website. I also played Magic for around 13 years, so as far as Magic goes, you could call me an expert, or someone who spent alot of money and time on something who has nothing to show for it except memories.

Anyways, I hope to get to know you guys.

Thanks for reading.

!King_Amazon! 2008-06-20 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tynion (Post 641631)
Hello.

My name is Chris Newton, and I am new to Zelaron. I was recruited by Yawgmoth, who is a member of my staff. Staff of what? The magazine that I am bringing to the Zelaron community.

Eye of the Vortex is a gaming magazine dedicated to .. well you - the Gamer.

I don't want this to come across as an advertisement, so I will leave it as that. That is the reason I am coming to the community.

For the last three years I have been a writer and editor for MagicDeckVortex.com. I also was the Lead Writer (editor-in-chief) for that website. I also played Magic for around 13 years, so as far as Magic goes, you could call me an expert, or someone who spent alot of money and time on something who has nothing to show for it except memories.

Anyways, I hope to get to know you guys.

Thanks for reading.

Somehow I feel like one of those kids at one of those schools that gets a company to sponsor their sports teams and stuff in return for shoving the products on the kids.

Tynion 2008-06-20 11:03 AM

It was not supposed to come across like that. Would you kindly tell me how I should say 'Hi, I am joining your group, this is who I am and what I do', without being a complete jerk? If I did come off like that, then I apologize, that was not what I intended.

Wallow 2008-06-20 11:08 AM

Hello, welcome to Zelaron. Just a reminder, don't just write about gaming on this forum even if you do write a magazine about it. This forum is a "gaming forum," but there are people here that talk about other topics as well.

!King_Amazon! 2008-06-20 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tynion (Post 641635)
It was not supposed to come across like that. Would you kindly tell me how I should say 'Hi, I am joining your group, this is who I am and what I do', without being a complete jerk? If I did come off like that, then I apologize, that was not what I intended.

You sounded like a business man, not like a cool dude that's joining the community. Either way, welcome to Zelaron!

Chruser 2008-06-20 11:32 AM

Welcome to Zelaron, Tynion! I looked at the magazine in question, which i found very... Lovecraftian at its core. It has more to do with fantasy and transhumanism than gaming, in a good way. I'm looking forward to the next issue.

Vault Dweller 2008-06-20 12:30 PM

Welcome to Zelaron.

Warning: You will be mocked. Everyone is. Please, do not take offense.

Thanatos 2008-06-20 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vault Dweller (Post 641644)
Warning: You will be mocked. Everyone is. Please, do not take offense.

This man is wise.

And a douchebag.

jamer123 2008-06-20 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanatos (Post 641651)
This man is wise.

And a douchebag.

He is. Ive been here for over three months or so [ i don't remember when i joined ] and ive been mock by everyone exept chruser he really nice to me. So welcome NOOB.

-Spector- 2008-06-20 02:00 PM

You joined in April of 2008, fag.

Just kidding, but welcome to Zelaron!

Vault Dweller 2008-06-20 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanatos (Post 641651)
This man is wise.

And a douchebag.

Don't you forget it, bitch.

Willkillforfood 2008-06-20 10:54 PM

Welcome! Keep Thanatos away from your signifigant other and/or legal aged daughter.

Vollstrecker 2008-06-20 11:22 PM

...and your booze stash, but welcome!

Wallow 2008-06-21 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamer123 (Post 641654)
He is. Ive been here for over three months or so [ i don't remember when i joined ] and ive been mock by everyone exept chruser he really nice to me. So welcome NOOB.

Nop, I haven't mocked you. I don't mock many people much anyways.

Thanatos 2008-06-21 09:50 AM

Did I hear booze stash?

Yawgmoth 2008-06-21 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamer123 (Post 641654)

For me it seems somewhat illogical to begin your post with saying that everyone mocks you and ending with calling the newcomer "noob" in capital letters without much of a reason.

You should consider if your own behaviour is the reason for the mockery you experience, for to me it seems highly likely that that is the case. And if this is true (I have not investigated) those who react towards you are not to blame.

Anyway, welcome Chris - glad to have you here.

Coriander 2008-06-21 11:31 AM

Welcome Chris! ...... Fuck off jamer... >.> Anywho...

Vollstrecker 2008-06-22 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thanatos (Post 641755)
Did I hear booze stash?

Yeah, Chruser said it. He's giving away all his booze because he's moving out of Swedenistan or wherever. ;)

khwiii 2008-06-22 02:00 PM

If anyone else new had posted that shit, they'd been banned for spamming. Welcome.

Willkillforfood 2008-06-22 05:33 PM

welcome again. Khwii, welcome back. Your activity bar makes baby jesus cry.