Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   Diablo I & II (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Best Rushing Char? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34600)

MysticWonton 2004-11-19 08:19 AM

Best Rushing Char?

For hell rushing what is your best rushing char..? I've always used hammerdin.. I think its the best.. but other than hammerdin what would be good?

Sovereign 2004-11-19 10:05 AM

I use jarren's hammerdin. Lvl 91, Dope.

MightyJoe 2004-11-19 11:33 AM

There really isn't anything that can compete with a hammerdin in terms of rushing. They do tons of damage and you face nothing immue. I guess a dual element sorc could work, but you would need a great build. A boner will work, but is not as fast as a hammerdin, the same for a summoner. Both of those work, I think but the hammerdin is much faster.

Medieval Bob 2004-11-19 01:01 PM

The absolute best is a ub4r hammerdin. If you don't have enigma, however, and assuming you don't have naj's staff on switch or an item with teleport charges, I'd have to say sorc.

matrix6977 2004-11-19 02:25 PM

The best rushing characters are bowazons, PnB necros and, hammerdins. They all have no immunities and should all be able to tele except a zon which a PVP zon should have faster run/walk charms so they should be able to run to their destination pretty quickly. Necros and Zons have a wide spread attack (teeth and multi) and hammerdins can deliver vast amounts of damage in a short time. The only problem I've encountered using a hammerdin for rushing is the fact that when your doing certin quests, the monsters will literally gang bang you and get so close that your locked into a crowd and the hammers have a bit of space between from where you cast them and where your standing so 1/10 times you'll get stuck for maybe a minute or two.

Sovereign 2004-11-19 02:26 PM

Bowazon? You're bowa uses enigma or something? Mine sure as hell didnt... And she had a hard time killing shit in hell (7k GA btw). If you make a PvM zon thought, then it might be easier.. but eww. A zon solely for mf? Make hammerdin instead.

Mydogisyourdog 2004-11-21 12:15 PM

i use one char to rush.....95 blizz sorc with a 95 A2 merc. The main reason i use a sorc is because of the MF and the first time killing a boss bonus drops (found 2-3 maras off andy doing this). Plus, whenever there is a cold immune crowd... i just static and let my merc with Reapers (decrepify) kick their asses. But my sorc cant take Hell Ancients, so i own them with my hammerdin.

DamonGalos 2004-11-21 01:41 PM

Pure rushes? Does it really matter? Whats the difference if it takes 2-3 minutes longer? Teleport, damage and versitility. Hammerdin or pnb necro probably as nothing you'd see in a rush is immune to that stuff. I can see where a pvm multishot bowazon could work well though from my own experience....Im not sure its the best though.

For people who are having others tag along though for xp and running a little more I've found the pnb necro is a little better at keeping enemies in front of you, thus protecting your much weaker and easilly killable charge tagging along.

kockblocker1 2004-11-21 04:36 PM

Hammerdin with enigma and fcr gear.