Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Anime Corner (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=394)
-   -   Dragon Ball Super (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55660)

D3V 2018-05-29 06:56 PM

Dragon Ball Super

I know I may be a little late, but I just finished the subbed entire series.

Holy shit! I'm so thankful for Toriyama(sp) returning to the helm and making a wonderful series once again.

The new animations have been spectacular and I almost feel as if I liked it more than the original Dragon Ball/Z. That may be farfetched but the expansive character reaches and underlying story of the different universes is just great.

I'd definitely recommend checking it out if you haven't already. I believe the Dubbed episodes are in the mid-50's range currently.

Also, there is slated to be another Dragon Ball Super movie to be released sometime at the end of this year, and potentially have it be in theaters. As well as rumors being confirmed that another series is being worked on.

Never thought that in 2018 I would be saying these words.

Xenn 2019-07-15 10:15 PM

During a time when everyone was trying to squeeze a buck out of old franchises, Super was actually pretty good. The English localization is significantly better than back when Funimation started trying their hand in it, as well.

Wallow 2020-04-15 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xenn (Post 709569)
During a time when everyone was trying to squeeze a buck out of old franchises, Super was actually pretty good. The English localization is significantly better than back when Funimation started trying their hand in it, as well.

Been reading the manga, but I'm excited to hear the old dubs.

To other weebs out there, Beserk and HXH hiatuses will always be in our thoughts.

Skurai 2023-07-31 11:56 AM

I watched the Original DB through Freezer. Made sure it was the dub with the synth, for my nostalgia, but I admit I appreciated the alternate audio/Subtitles with JP dialog.

I don't like Super. I will Defend Majin Buu, but ngl, I think Super is a little much.

Like, I understand "I'm Goku, and I trained with God (Kami)" "I'm Goku, and I trained with Gods Gods God. (Kaio)" was a funny joke at first, but I don't think people understood that it was a joke at all, I think somehow it went right over a lot of peoples head, and so it jsut kept doing it's natural escalation, until Gods gods gods gods gods gods pet animals are a thing. Ngl, analyzing it as a theater major has done a lot, especially knowing the details behind DBs creations (basically, he would make every chapter off the top of his head. Literally, like, all the way until Z ended, basically) it has made it very easy to see things from Toriyamas PoV (how the series managed to keep going, is simply "natural escalation", for the obvious example)