Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Gaming (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Anyone played Skyrim: Dragonborn? (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=51748)

WetWired 2012-12-09 05:49 PM

Anyone played Skyrim: Dragonborn?

I'm curious how similar Solstheim is to the Morrowind version, and mostly just curious in general. This is the first expansion to add a significant landmass, so I'm looking forward to the PC release.

Skurai 2012-12-09 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired (Post 701014)
I'm curious how similar Solstheim is to the Morrowind version, and mostly just curious in general. This is the first expansion to add a significant landmass, so I'm looking forward to the PC release.

They added landmass????

WetWired 2012-12-09 08:24 PM

Yes, they added Solstheim, a large island in the north which previously featured in Morrowind: Bloodmoon. This is the first time the same location has featured in two Elder Scrolls games since Arena (which had the whole continent), IIRC.

Wallow 2012-12-10 03:50 AM

From the review, it looked okay. But not being able to control dragon mounts really takes away from riding dragons as far as DLC vs. Mods goes.

To be frank, Bethesda has done nothing but disappoint lately concerning the PS3.

WetWired 2012-12-10 03:28 PM

In what we can you not control them? I don't see how they could be called mounts unless there was some control.

Wallow 2012-12-10 04:03 PM

So you can't control their movements as Dragons are "autonomous."

You can only control who they attack and where they land, or where you fast travel to. But no free flying/roaming. In other words, you can't fly from one end of Skyrim to the other on a dragon.

Skurai 2012-12-11 04:39 AM

That's a disappointment, but given the fact that Odahviing most certainly did NOT show me the world through the eyes of a dovah, I'm not surprised.

NonGayMan 2012-12-15 09:13 PM

I'm sure modders will be able to change that. I haven't played yet obviously because I have the game for PC.

JRwakebord 2012-12-16 04:13 AM

I have it downloaded and am still working my way through it

Wallow 2012-12-17 06:59 AM

I just want it so it adds something else to the game.
I've played Skyrim for so long that I'm pretty sure I've explored everything on the map.
I'm just down to making myself nearly invincible.

Perhaps right about now Oblivion merits a buy.

Asamin 2012-12-17 09:33 AM

I look forward to the day that it comes out on PC. I got the other DLC as soon as twas out on PC before and was disappointed. I'm hoping this changes it because I still like playing the game.

WetWired 2012-12-17 11:37 PM

The vampire DLC was actually pretty good. The home building DLC was meh. I really hope someone writes a mod that builds on it to create something much better.

Asamin 2012-12-18 08:31 PM

Homebuilding.... I liked the default house in winterhold anyways.

WetWired 2013-01-14 05:41 PM

When the heck is this coming out for PC?

Wallow 2013-01-14 08:54 PM

Lose all expectations of even a release date. The Bethesda Development team is just a bunch of weiners with false promises.

Wallow 2013-01-16 10:57 AM

Latest conversation with Pete Hines, the spokesperson for Bethesda:

@DCDeacon when can we be expecting dragonborn on ps3 I’m so tired of this whole mess.

@Kyle_lobcity will get you a date as soon as I can.

@DCDeacon surely we deserve a bit more than that don’t you think? That’s the same answer we were getting for dawnguard. Look how that went..

@kyle_lobcity no, we said we were still working on Dawnguard. We have committed to Dragonborn release. Just haven’t announced date yet — Pete Hines (@DCDeacon)

@DCDeacon this is just bullshit

!King_Amazon! 2013-01-16 11:27 AM

If my gamer base was that whiny I would probably troll them by not announcing the date too.

Lenny 2013-01-18 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallow (Post 701814)
Latest conversation with Pete Hines, the spokesperson for Bethesda:

@DCDeacon when can we be expecting dragonborn on ps3 I’m so tired of this whole mess.

@Kyle_lobcity will get you a date as soon as I can.

@DCDeacon surely we deserve a bit more than that don’t you think? That’s the same answer we were getting for dawnguard. Look how that went..

@kyle_lobcity no, we said we were still working on Dawnguard. We have committed to Dragonborn release. Just haven’t announced date yet — Pete Hines (@DCDeacon)

@DCDeacon this is just bullshit

Skyrim Add-Ons Land on PS3 in February, 50% off for One Week

I bet you feel like a prick right now.

Wallow 2013-01-18 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lenny (Post 701829)
I bet you feel like a prick right now.

Not really. DLC came out for the 360 last July. It's now January.

Probably going to happen with the next Fallout as well.

NonGayMan 2013-02-18 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallow (Post 701841)
Not really. DLC came out for the 360 last July. It's now January.

Probably going to happen with the next Fallout as well.

Just got done beating it. The landmass is similar to Morrowind's Solstheim but with some Redoran things added. The story was short but I bought it for potential mods.