Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   The Lounge (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=183)
-   -   Netflix (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50825)

kaos 2012-03-06 01:43 PM

I just realized we're not even in the third season yet. :facepalm:

!King_Amazon! 2012-03-06 02:00 PM

Carl isn't supposed to be comic relief. That guy is an idiot. Carl becomes pretty much the other main character in the comics besides Rick. He's a kid living in a zombie apocalypse, he either has to be a badass or die. And he's pretty badass later in the comics. Even now he's turning into a badass in the show. I think they are doing a wonderful job with it.

Skurai 2012-03-06 02:27 PM

Makes me think about the little girl in the old Resident Evil games.

Lenny 2012-03-06 04:24 PM

During the first half of the current series, there were a couple of episodes that were nothing but talking, but the mid-series finale, and the episodes since, have been good quality, particularly the most recent, as !K_A! said. I think there are two or three left, and shit is getting real.

Having never read the comics, I'll be interested to see how they move on at the end of this series - I can't see them staying at the farm for much longer. Something catastrophic is coming.

!King_Amazon! 2012-03-06 05:03 PM

Lenny, if you enjoy the TV series you should definitely check out the comics. I don't even like comics and I got hooked on them. The TV show will be like 6 seasons down before they catch up to the comics I think.

Lenny 2012-03-06 05:58 PM

If I can find time, I definitely will, as well as the Watchmen comics. Currently, though, I've got quite a lot of work on, and when I finish that I've got a to-read pile of around fifty books, a to-play pile of twelve PS3 games, and a to-download-and-play list of close to eighty things on Steam. Damn this education and prospects of a rich life.

!King_Amazon! 2012-03-06 06:51 PM

Compared watching the TV series, reading the comics take up much less time. In the time it takes to watch the first episode of the first season of The Walking Dead, you can read far enough in the comics to be at or beyond the point where they are at at the beginning of season 2. In the time it takes to watch the entire first season, you can probably be around halfway through the comics that are currently released.

It takes me about 8-12 minutes to read one issue of TWD and I'm a slow reader.

Lenny 2012-03-06 09:20 PM

In that case, I'll have a lookee for them. I assumed they'd be full-on graphic novel works, rather than comics.

!King_Amazon! 2012-03-06 09:31 PM

Nope, they are individual issues. You can purchase compendiums and such where they'll have a set of issues in them, but it's all broken down into single ~20 page issues. And they are genius. I know you can find torrents with at least up to issue 90 in a single package. As far as a comic reader goes, I suggest ComicRack.

http://comicrack.cyolito.com/

Generally speaking, each "volume" is 6 issues (so 1-6, 7-12, 13-18, 19-24, etc.) and there are generally two volumes per story arc.

Also, I feel I must warn you, the comics are much more graphic than the TV series. There's no nudity that I recall (I think there might have been one scene with a nipple that Robert Kirkman didn't catch) but there's a lot of gore and extreme violence, such as torture (way worse that the pussy shit we saw on the latest episode of TWD), rape, cannibalism, etc. But it's an incredible read and I guarantee after you get a few issues in you'll be hooked and fiending on it.

kaos 2012-03-09 06:00 PM

I just watched the movie "True Legend". The movie is sub-titled, and I usually would NEVER watch subtitled movies, but right from the get-go I was hooked on it. The plot is awesome, and it's almost non-stop action.

Skurai 2012-03-10 08:48 AM

What I hate is that, some movies, on some TVs, if they're subtitled, the top and bottom parts of the screen get cut off. And I mean, I was watching this on a widescreen HD TV, here. A BADASS TV! And it got cut off to the point I couldn't watch the movie. T_T

kaos 2012-03-12 06:40 PM

Change the Widescreen settings to "FULL", I was having the same problem.

Skurai 2012-03-12 07:35 PM

On the V or on Netflix?

kaos 2012-03-12 08:11 PM

On your TV.

kaos 2012-03-13 03:43 PM

Just watched EP12 of Season 2 of The Walking Dead. My prayers were answered.

!King_Amazon! 2012-03-13 04:20 PM

I thought it was pretty awesome. The episode before it wasn't bad either. I hope the finale somehow manages to top episode 12.

Lenny 2012-03-13 05:59 PM

Fantastic, but I didn't expect such accuracy from the brat.

The series has definitely improved since the mid-series finale.

Skurai 2012-03-14 07:10 AM

Who's your favorite character? Event/whatever?

D3V 2012-03-14 07:12 PM

Random OT: I've watched over 100 South Park episodes on Netflix now. wooooeyyy

kaos 2012-03-14 08:12 PM

Jo Koys standup was pretty hilarious too.