Zelaron Gaming Forum

Zelaron Gaming Forum (http://zelaron.com/forum/index.php)
-   News and Events (http://zelaron.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=334)
-   -   Girl...loses feet on Ride! (http://zelaron.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42661)

kyeruu 2007-06-24 03:37 PM

getting her legs sliced off, besides from the pain that must be, her lost of mobility is something painfull too, that is not funny in any way.

slaynish 2007-06-24 03:41 PM

It will be funny after she gets her feel-good pills.

Willkillforfood 2007-06-24 08:53 PM

Prosthetics are getting more and more advanced so hopefully she'll be alright. I've personally ridden that ride a couple times ...crazy shit.

timmay1113 2007-06-24 09:35 PM

Was it cut off above the knee or below the knee? Prosthetics might be alright if its below the knee but she would still be severely messed up no matter what if it was above the knee.

Willkillforfood 2007-06-24 10:16 PM

The way I understand it is she lost her feet.

Thanatos 2007-06-25 08:33 AM

Same here.

timmay1113 2007-06-25 11:12 AM

Perhaps she can get a nice amount of money from six flags and get some high tech prosthetics that could possibly let her run again. I'm not too sure how far along prosthetics are these days. I kind of wonder if they can do something like that.

D3V 2007-06-25 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WetWired
If the cable snapped, it's due to poor maintenance. The cable should be periodically inspected for signs of fatigue and corrosion. Probably, they'll spend a few weeks investigating why this wasn't caught, then they may make sure that the ride is being properly maintained in the other locations. I highly doubt that they would shut them all down immediately just because the one did this.

You know there's a maintenance guy at the park sweating his ass off right now, because the hammer's about to come down on him...

Vollstrecker 2007-06-25 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by D3V
You know there's a maintenance guy at the park sweating his ass off right now, because the hammer's about to come down on him...

Some things can't be caught by preventive maintenance, but we don't know all the facts (nor will they all be reported if they aren't alreeady, as news will release only information that gets people to watch/read it).

Odds are about equal for the guy being responsible as him just getting the axe so people will feel better.

D3V 2007-06-25 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vollstrecker
Some things can't be caught by preventive maintenance, but we don't know all the facts (nor will they all be reported if they aren't alreeady, as news will release only information that gets people to watch/read it).

Odds are about equal for the guy being responsible as him just getting the axe so people will feel better.

Yeah I suppose, shit... myself, I'd take a lopped off foot or two for about 60mil, 'cause you know they're gonna be rollin in money once the settlement case is over, EVEN THOUGH, the ride states that you .. "Ride at your own RISK!"

!King_Amazon! 2007-06-26 09:34 AM

You can cut off my feet if I get all the money that girl is going to get. Prostetics FTW.

Titusfied 2007-06-26 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gruesomeBODY
Yea thats what they do with King da Ka out at Six Flags Great Adventure. Nobody has been hurt, butt they check that ride so often that day old parts are being replaced with new parts. Sick ass ride though

Yeah, that's why it's basically nicknamed the 50% ride, because it's closed 50% of the time to make sure nothing is wrong with it. I guess that's the smart thing to do, considering you go faster than 120 MPH is about 3.5 seconds, then climb over 400 FT before doing a 90 degree corkscrew on the way back down....

Fucking insane. I almost nutted my pants just describing the ride.

slaynish 2007-06-27 12:50 PM

I almost nutted your pants while READING about the ride!

Titusfied 2007-06-27 01:26 PM

What?

D3V 2007-06-27 01:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titusfied
What?

He's hinting that he's got a thing for you.

Titusfied 2007-06-27 02:13 PM

Ahhhh. Now I get it.

slaynish 2007-06-27 04:26 PM

winky-face ;)

Demosthenes 2007-07-05 07:21 AM

http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dw....41eee25c.html

Thanatos 2007-07-05 08:13 AM

Well that's good. At least she didn't lose both of them.

D3V 2007-12-05 01:09 PM

Update!

Girl Who Lost Legs On Ride Takes First Steps

http://www.wlky.com/news/14780620/detail.html

Quote:

A teenager whose feet were severed on an amusement park ride has taken her first steps since the gruesome accident in June, the attorney for the girl's family said.

Kaitlyn Lasitter, 14, began walking last week with the help of a prosthetic leg and crutches, attorney Larry Franklin said.
Quote:

Doctors were able to reattach Kaitlyn's right foot after the accident on the Superman Tower of Power ride at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom, but her left foot was too severely damaged to repair and had to be amputated below the knee.
Full story through that link, damn.

The bills totaled "hundreds of thousands of dollars".. that's amazing, I bet they got about 10x for compensation pay as well!.. Ouch.