PDA

View Full Version : what's the deal with hacking your favourite game?

Balton
2002-02-26, 08:58 AM
I dont know where to put this since it concerns all sorts of games.

Why do you want to cheat your games or hack anything? I enjoy the feeling of beating a game on my own. When I win in an online fragfest I am happy cos I know that I beat them. So what's so special about hacking games and playing them this way?

tacoX
2002-02-26, 08:59 AM
Well, some people hack the game to sell items, some just do it becuase they cant win it by themself and they like the handicap

Cheating is similar to drugs, you cant stop using them when you start it.

Balton
2002-02-26, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by tacoX
Well, some people hack the game to sell items, some just do it becuase they cant win it by themself and they like the handicap

Cheating is similar to drugs, you cant stop using them when you start it.

the sell items stuff is an special diablo thing... that's ok somehow :p

but it drives me nuts playing online against a bunch of cheaters... when I play offline a single player campaing it's supposed to be a challenge. If i know i'll win it with cheat I wont have the challenge and I can stop playing it. or would you be afraid of an fucking fast alien when you know that you are invincible?

WetWired
2002-02-26, 09:13 AM
Some cheats fix annoying things about a game. Others are useful for when you are exploring the game, but not playing for the sake of playing.

Case in point: In Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos (a space flight combat sim), you're a pirate, and you have this guy, Jafs, who comes in and picks up your loot. Well he is slow as hell, makes annoying comments, and sometimes does stupid things, and after a while you just want to get rid of him. Enter development cheat "CheatJafs", which skips the Jafs thing and moves your loot directly to base. Much better. BTW, this is the only cheat I use when playing the game for the sake of playing.

'mkay?
--WetWired

tacoX
2002-02-26, 09:16 AM
lol :)

Balton
2002-02-26, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by WetWired
Some cheats fix annoying things about a game. Others are useful for when you are exploring the game, but not playing for the sake of playing.

Case in point: In Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos (a space flight combat sim), you're a pirate, and you have this guy, Jafs, who comes in and picks up your loot. Well he is slow as hell, makes annoying comments, and sometimes does stupid things, and after a while you just want to get rid of him. Enter development cheat "CheatJafs", which skips the Jafs thing and moves your loot directly to base. Much better. BTW, this is the only cheat I use when playing the game for the sake of playing.

'mkay?
--WetWired

lol, I was more thinking of GOD cheats, ghost modes(use them if you get stuck where a mapper never ever thought of) or stuff like that. For online playing cheats and hacks, such as aimbots, wallhack shouldn't be used.