PDA

View Full Version : Barbs

Pekson
2002-10-13, 06:32 AM
does anyone here have a good guide for BARBS ive never made one in my years of D2 probably just one when i was new. Can somone tell me how to make a good one i have pretty ok items but no arreats though. Stat placement and Skills placement plz.

qdawg
2002-10-13, 07:17 AM
Ok here is a lil advice

Skills:
max: mastery(sword, mace. whatever you will be using)
max: BO
max: ww
1-5 zerk (for PM)
1-15 Fast run / walk
pre req

Stats:
str: enough to wear gear
Dex: enough for 75% block
Vit: the rest
Energy: none

equipment:
Armor: Shaftstop
Sheild: StormSheild
Weapon: Cruel Collusus Blade or sword
Gloves: Venom Grip
Boots: war travs
Helm: Tal's ( i would suggest arreats but u don't want that. another option is gaze)
Rings. LL or ML
Ammy: + skills and LL

Hope this helps out a lil bit. U will want ur life to be around 3-4K with BO and equipment and your 1h damage to be around 2-3K.

Valmar
2002-10-13, 10:15 AM
Have 250 Dex at lvl 99 that gives you 75% block, in order to have 2-3k life, put about 235 into vit, as for str id say get about 185-195, keeping in mind that str adds to your damage.

As for your gear tals helm would prolly be best if you have a low budget, also venom grip arent good for a barb, use Imortal Kings gloves (if you have 10+% life leech) a good ring to use is a raven spiral/havoc spiral and get a good raven frost, or another spiral, which ever you prefer. As for the ammulet id suggest Shadow necklace (2 barb,4%LL,18str,18dex other mods) a maxed whirlwind isnt neccessary id say about 15 you only gain about 100 dmg at level 20 compared to lvl 15. Also if you wish to be good in pvp i would get your minimum 1 hand dmg to 1500+ and max to 3000+, which you probably wont be able to get with a Cruel Colo sword or blade. Also if you cant afford stormshield, go with either Tiamats rebuke dragon shield (adds about 400 elemental dmg) Or whistans guard (Orphens set shield) it offers good block with semi decent mods.

pepin2001
2002-10-13, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by qdawg
Ok here is a lil advice

Skills:
1-5 zerk (for PM)
1-15 Fast run / walk
pre req

Stats:

equipment:
Helm: Tal's ( i would suggest arreats but u don't want that. another option is gaze)
Rings. LL or ML

Hope this helps out a lil bit. U will want ur life to be around 3-4K with BO and equipment and your 1h damage to be around 2-3K.

good advice. Remember you want your weapon to hit -35 speed so a ccs will require 3 40/15ias jewels. Arreats is a really good helm. It adds to your skills(more bo and therefore more like) and adds 40 stat points which is 40 more vit points. The resists are also nice and it looks cool. Don't use Venom grip. Instead use Ik gaunts because they give 40 stats which is once again more points ino life. If you want a full guide go here : http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-guides/barb-pvp-ss.php - best guide ever

Mr.Lee
2002-10-13, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Pekson
does anyone here have a good guide for BARBS ive never made one in my years of D2 probably just one when i was new. Can somone tell me how to make a good one i have pretty ok items but no arreats though. Stat placement and Skills placement plz.

Hm... what kind of barb ?
A "normal" one ? BvB ? Hunthing Amaz ? etc...

Pekson
2002-10-13, 06:27 PM
BVB and all rounder plz i cant afford an arreats........if somone will b willing to give me one or lend it to me and i will pay you back if i can......it'll b good THNX....I'm thinking of using a lightsaber coz thats the only thing i can afford ^-^......

buggy_ro
2002-10-15, 08:35 AM
The BvB barb is the most expensive char out there, at least a good BvB barb is. Btw what realm r u on, i will try to help u out with a little gear, i stopped playing so i don't know what i still have. I played on Europe.

Pekson
2002-10-15, 05:09 PM
East ^-^

-=Rico-GP=-
2002-10-18, 12:45 PM
Originally posted by Pekson
BVB and all rounder plz i cant afford an arreats........if somone will b willing to give me one or lend it to me and i will pay you back if i can......it'll b good THNX....I'm thinking of using a lightsaber coz thats the only thing i can afford ^-^......

so u play on east? if u where on west i could hook u up with a ccb... SINCE NO ONE IS BUYING IT. il give u for free (if u where on uswest)

Pekson
2002-10-20, 07:14 PM
I want to make a BVB but i dont know where to put my stats in....currently i have made one and his got 50vit 145dex and rest into Stre and is currently wearing CCBOQ 40/15 40/15 and eth perfect 1.09 gaze with ber 160/60max cheart ammy and 2 10%leech with pretty good decent mods i just need to know the stat placement now... suggestions?

buggy_ro
2002-10-21, 12:25 PM
U should have about 2500 life and 75% blocking (blocking goes down as u gain lvls), the rest into str.

Doofus_AW
2002-10-21, 03:28 PM
I am on US East and can hook you up with some gear, whisper me after 8 est. or if you want, pm me here.

Account is /w *racrxaw

Doofus :)

muie
2002-10-22, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by qdawg
Ok here is a lil advice

Skills:
1-5 zerk (for PM)
1-15 Fast run / walk
pre req

Stats:

equipment:
Rings. LL or ML

this is a big lol don;t trade crap items is my advice
use this
sword cruel colosus blade with shael shael eth
amu use something with life leech i think on usewest is an amu with 2 barb and dual sttats + ll
rings one raven and one dual leech ring
gloves use ik gloves or some crafted gloves with ll and other mods
boots use war traveler
now ......
if u want to use areat get a shaftstop or an armor with 4 sockets 100 life or 20 str /dex with ber,ber,ber and an ed jewel
the most important thing if u want to start a barb is the shield STORMSHIELD ...all the other shields are craps U MUST HAVE IT
charms : use only small charms with life u can have 800 base life only from charms thats means 1700 ++ life with bo lvl 3x
on secondary use 2 weapons with +3 to war crys
STATS
put all the points in str to have dmg
dex for 75% block (with stormshield at lvl 99 u need 222 dex )
vita max 75 u don;t need more then 3.2 k life

1 str = 5 dmg
1 max dmg with 500 str means 10.1 dmg
and one more thing .......socket all your items with ed jewels

for a barb the only thing wich matters is his dmg if u don;t have dmg u don;t have a barb u have only a named char

muie
2002-10-22, 08:24 PM
for bvb all the items must have 40 ed 15 max jewels
u must use 1.08 gaze +160 ed 60 max armor and other mods
war travelers 2 rings with 10-11 ll and 20 stats
amu +2 barb 1x str 1x dex + ll
ik gloves
stormshield
and 40x 3 max dmg 17-20 life charms
SWORD : A CRUEL with enough increse attck speed ,dmg over 300 one hand,eth rune
belt : perfect string of ears
skils : 20 ww 20 mastery 20 increse run walck 20 bo 1 zerk 1 natural reezistence 19 iron skin +req the rest dosen't matter
if u don;t make 5.6 ++ one hand dmg and over 2.8 k life u can erase it

Doofus_AW
2002-10-25, 02:34 PM
Oh you`ve got to be kidding me! I have dumped every extra stat point into strength lol. I am at lvl 87 with a pitiful 1700 life. Time to start over or can vit charms and items save me?? I dont really pvp anyway.

muie
2002-10-25, 05:29 PM
vita charms all the way

Pekson
2002-10-27, 05:44 AM
a bvber reaching 2.8k life is so damn hard you must at least have a 160/60armor with 100life mod with that ud b able to get a reasonable 2klife with charms. right now my Barb is 87lvl and only has 1700k life as well.

LiveWire
2002-11-17, 03:56 PM
Well Here was my barb (83)

Strg=Enough to hold weps
Dex= Enough for 75%block
Vit=Rest
Engery=5-10

Maxed= Sword Mas
Maxed= Life, and def Boo
A few in SKill Boo

8 or 9 in Berske
WW=Maxed
run=13 or so
Resist just a couple

i Wear
Ith Cb (949dam)
8/8/33 gaze 0.8 (Ber Rune)
40/15 Stoemsheild
160/60 Ias Armor
Buged String Of Ears
Gore Rider Boots
Raven Frost (Sometime)
2 C-Grops
and C-Heart

I have over 3500 life
oh ya i also have
5 war cry chrams
and mastery chrams too

Apoq
2002-11-17, 06:02 PM
nice vincert avatar from ff7!

heres guide:
I: Overview

BvB barbs are certainly the most powerful hitting viable PvP characters out there. They boast high damage, high leech and low life. A good point to aim for at first is 4.5k damage and 1.5k life. By no means is this the best you can have, but if you are just starting, don't be discouraged by these numbers. Bvbers are very expensive to make. In fact, if you aren't willing to spend a lot of your resources on one character, I don't suggest making a BvBer, because of the cost it takes to make them.

II: Statistics

Energy: Nothing. There are hardly any PvP characters I've ever put stats into energy. Mana should NOT be a problem with enough damage and leech.

Vitality: (Nothing ? 50) If you can afford the top-notch charms and uber gear I'd suggest base vitality, as you will have enough life to get by. Though, for the poorer people (like myself) 50 vitality is more leeway. I know some bvbers that go to 100. I don't suggest this, because each point you put into vitality, you lose 1% damage. My current BvBer has 55 vitality and I am seeing that I have put too much into it.

Dexterity: 222 at level 99 with items. 203 at level 90 is where I am suggesting. It all depends on the items you have. Again, each point you put in here is 1% less damage. Damage is king in BvB. More damage is more leech, and more leech is staying alive longer. *Note this was calculated with Stormsheild from 1.09

Strength: All the rest. 400+ with items is not uncommon by level 99. Sometimes lower levels can achieve 500. Each point is 1% damage. I can't stress this enough. Damage is king.

III: Skills

I will be mentioning swords, because the most common barbarian v. Barbarian subclasses uses them. However, I do realize some BvBers use Fury Berserker axe, or a cruel scourge or something of the likes. However, this is mainly geared towards the Sword wielding types.

1. Battle orders: This must be maxed. This gives you twice as much life, Mana, and on a lesser scale stamina. Without this, you won't last long enough to leech back your life, one good hit and you are history.

2. Whirlwind: This is important. It adds 8% ed per each level. It starts negative (which made me hate it when I was a n00b), but we know that Swing attacks just won't cut it in BvB. With the right sword, WW can hit a stationary target up to 6 times. Ouch.

3. Sword Mastery: This is important too. First, of all, it adds 123% ed at level 20. But more importantly is the Critical strike bug, which gets our swords 2x more damage on EACH SWING. Max this skill.

4. Shout: Why shout? A lot of people would disagree with my decision to max shout. I stand by it for BvB. Although shout is useless right now due to eth, I don't think that it will be in 1.10. If I am wrong, I am wrong, but I am not taking any chances. Shout is worth getting 20 skill points. If you choose not to max shout, then don't put any points into it (except of course the one to get Battle orders).

5. Iron Skin: Start pumping Iron skin after you get all of your other skills placed. For non-eth barbs, the defense will make it harder for you to be hit. Not to mention there isn't a lot of places for you to be adding more skill points.

6. Natural resistance: 1-5. Every now and again you will fight a barbarian with lots of elemental damage. I have 1 point in NR and I am fine. Most BvB is purely physical damage.

7. Increased speed: 1-5. There are some instances you will be fighting a Hybrid. These barbarians are incredibly fast, and you will need to catch up. But if you play public duel games, you won't find many hybrids, as they are rare outside these forums.

IV: Equipment

This is where the barbarian gets expensive.

Weapon: There are a lot of options for the Weapon ? Again, I only mention swords, because they have a large advantage over all of the other weapons they can be cubed with three sockets. Before I go into the weapon choices a few things must be known. Whirlwind speed is based not on total IAS, but on IAS used on the weapon itself. There are points in IAS on a sword that gets you to the next Breakpoint, or a ?higher level? on your sword that allows you to hit more times. There are 2 breakpoints. The first one at -10 and the second at-35. The way this is figured is Take the speed of the sword, and subtract the Speed from it. For instance a Colossus Blade has a speed of 5. With 40% IAS you take 5 ? 40 and you get-35. This sword would hit the second Breakpoint. Further, we must mention the Eth bug. Currently, Eth is bugged so that weapons can carry defense to negatives, thus effectively having ITD (ignore targets defense) in duels. If you don't have ETH in your sword or a 08 Arreat's face, you will be at a disadvantage. With that being said, here are the swords:

a) Ethereal Cruel (Elite sword) that can reach the second BP. Remember, all swords should meet the second WW breakpoint. Without the second breakpoint, you just won't hit enough. The catch with an ethereal sword is you almost always need two sockets. Good luck finding a good one.

b) Cruel Colossus blade of quickness with three sockets. This is more realistic, because you can cube it. If you trade for a high Ed CCBQ with 3 sockets, be prepared for it to go ?poof? cuz they were duped a lot.

c) Fury Barlog blade. Some rate this lower than a normal CCB but I don't. Fury isn't top notch because the damage is low, but it has life leech and eth. It's kinda expensive for a sub-par weapon though

d) CCB. This has to hit the second breakpoint though. Sheal Sheal or 3 IAS jewels.

There are other superb suffixes to go with the cruel swords. Any IAS mod can help tremendously for socketing purposes (readiness, Alacrity, swiftness and quickness). Also, Max damage mods like Butchery and Evisceration go well on a sword. But you have to remember to hit that second breakpoint, and eth rune, or 08 Arreat's Face.

Shield

There is only one option in my opinion. Stormsheild. What more can you ask for in a shield? High block. Cold and lightning resists, +30 strength (more damage) and the kicker 35% damage reduced. This is the most important mod on it. I don't suggest any other shield. But if you must then you have Whistan's guard or 08 Gerke's sanctuary.

Armor

There are only two set-ups for a barbarian I would suggest: Vampire gaze/ED armor/Storm/string; or 08 Arreat's face, Shaft, storm string. The first set up is probably the most common set up, and by far the best one. Though it's more expensive, it allows for the maximum amount of damage, while keeping 75% damage reduction. The second one is far less expensive, and thus easier to come by. This is the only real advantage to this set up, though. Not as much damage (120% less after sockets are filled). My suggestion lies with the ED armor.

A) ED/Max armor. A BvBer needs all the damage he can get, thus, the ED armor is excellent. The best is a Jewelers armor of the Whale. Don't trade for one of these already jeweled, though, as they are almost all duped.

B) Shaft stop: The only other armor I would recommend. 30% damage reduction is nothing to be gawked at. It also has +life.

C) Lion heart armor: Not bad, but there is better. The Stats are good, and it even has some ed on it. Ed Armor is still much better.

D) 08 Arkaine's valor: Okay, okay, this is VERY Duped, and really doesn't help you all that much in terms of damage, but it adds a GREAT deal of life.

E) 09 Arkaine's Valor: VERY nerfed. At clvl 99 you get 49 vitality, and 2 more points to Battle order. That is a very LOW amount of life to sacrifice 160%ED and 60 max damage.

Ok, now the pros and cons of each set up. There are 2 main set-ups that you will see. These are the ED/Max with Vampire gaze? and the Arreat's face with Shaftstop. Looking at each one individually and comparing the pros and cons of each.

A) ED/Max + vampire gaze. This is probably the most preferred set up. It adds a LARGE amount of damage. And with the suggest 40% life leech, it leeches can leech back your entire life globe. This set up also allows for 2% more life leech than the other common set up. To see the significance of this, lets look at an example.

With the above set up, lets assume we have a total of 42% life leech. (8 from gaze, 8 from string 22 from rings total, and 4 from our amulet.) We like this number. We have 1.5k Hit points, and we deal 6k WW damage. When we take into effect 75% damage reduction and the ΒΌ PvP penalty? we deal 750 damage. We leech back 315 of it, or 21% of our total life. Without the ed/max armor; however, 6k Damage is increasingly difficult to achieve and 5k damage is still relatively high. At 40% leech of this amount, we have 250 hit points taken back? a sad 16% of your total life.

The downside to this set up, though, is its cost, and the chance that something you acquire will be duped, and the rules against such armors in private play.

B) Shaftstop / Arreat's rig. This is probably the most COMMONLY used set up that any barb uses. Though, I don't recommend this over the ED/Max, I recommend this setup to the newer players that cannot yet afford the ed/max set up. This is much cheaper to achieve. Instead of paying 10 or more sojs for each jewel to put into your armor, and 10 sojs for a good jewelers armor of the whale, you pay less than that for just the armor and 1 jewel. The Helm adds a small amount of damage with its +20 strength, and allows to save your stats that you would normally add to dexterity for blocking ? and put it strength instead. The +2 skills help out on battle orders for more life, and adds a whopping 42% ED from the other skills (SM and WW).

The downside to this path is simple. Not enough damage. Its missing 120%ED and 45 max damage. That 120 enhances the potency of your charms, max damage on your rings, gloves, other jewels from shield and helm, and most importantly, adds a % damage that your sword has. IE: If your sword dealt 400 1h damage and you had a 100% ED armor, that armor would add 400damage + the other calculations from Max damage, minimum damage etc. With the lack of a large damage boost your leech will suffer. More damage = more leech. It won't do very much good to have 100% leech and deal only two damage. It's the same way as with this. And this lacks sufficient damage to survive.

C) Other various rigs: most of these deal with 08 Arkaine's valor. Most use a ber'd 09 gaze, or an 08 gaze with 08 Arkaine's valor. There is an upside to 08 valor, and its LARGE AMOUNTS of life. This however, again is dwarfed by the lack of a sufficient amount of damage adding. The life that valor adds will only prolong your death, not prevent it. Perhaps the largest downside to the valor is finding a legit one. It's impossible to find one that won't vanish.

Gloves

Gloves vary from barb to barb.

A) Crafted blood gloves with dual stats 6% leech. Other stats to look for are major life bonuses, Mana bonuses, and resists. The main stats though are 6% leech and dual stat.

B) Immortal Kings forge. These have massive dual stats, and they are quite easy to get. Can't get more bang for the buck than IK gauntlets.

C) Venom Grip Demon Hide gloves. They have 5% life leech, extra poison resist, but have poison damage. That is a downside because poison is usually frowned upon in dueling.

Boots: There is only one pair of boots I can recommend. I see a lot of barbarians using Gore riders. I don't understand sometimes. Remember, you have 100% of 2 times damage in Mastery bug. Also remember they don't stack. Deadly strike is useless in 1.09. So, what boots? That is right. War travelers. With the 25 max damage on these things, you can easily add 200 ? 300 damage to your barbarian's whirlwind. Great boots. It also has dual stats, which means more damage and life.

Jewelry

Rings

a) 11% Life leech rings with dual stats. These will definitely take a lot to get. And be sure not to get a duped one. Not too great. If you want to try and craft one, by all means, try. But it will cost you about the same

b) Any other high life leech rings 8% and up. If you can't find a good 11% on, settle for a 8, 9 or 10% instead. Granted a good 10% is as rare as an 11% but you do need this leech to stay alive.

c) Classic dual leech ring with +dex. Good all around rings. Not too much less leech than needed on a ring.

d) Raven Frost. This generally is only needed against sorceresses and you won't be dueling them. However, if you find yourself out of ring options, use it. The AR and dex will help a lot.

Amulets

Well, there aren't many great choices. Highland's runs into the same problem we had with Gore riders. So that leaves us with

a) Dual stat life leech or dual leech amulet. Might be tough to find one. This is what my barbarian uses. Remember, a high amount of strength and dexterity on an amulet is a good thing.

b) Crafted blood amulets. These are becoming more and more popular. The stats to look for are dual leech, +Dual stats +skills and large life bonuses. Again, keep in mind that your amulet should help you in your endeavors to find max block with as little base dexterity as possible.

c) Crescent moon Amulet: This has dual leech, and is very decent. It's not the best, but it's worth looking at.

Helm

Following the two suggested set ups here is what I am looking at.

A) 08 Vampire gaze. I say 08, knowing that most are duped, but this is because without BER rune in something you won't hit max damage reduction. 8/8 dual leech is a very large bonus. 25% damage reduced is great too.

B) 09 Vamp gaze. This alone won't get you max damage reduction. A BER rune in it will though. Try and aim for as much life leech as you can. 8/8 would be perfect, and you need at least 17% damage reduced in order to have max PDR.

C) Arreat's Face. Resists, +skills, AR boost, faster hit recovery. These are all nice Mods. But where is the Damage reduction. You should carry 75% all the time.

Belt

There is only one belt I recommend, String of Ears. The 8% life leech is needed to keep you alive. For the Vampire gaze situation, you will definitely need a perfect 15% damage reduction. With shaftstop, a 10% will do fine. There is no problem.

Weapon switch: On weapon switch should be 2 echoing weapons. This adds a lot of life through +6 battle orders.

V: Charms

Charms are what make up a lot of your damage. Optimal charms are fine small charms of vita. If you can't afford them (don't worry neither can I) then a Fine small charm will suffice. Also, a +10 damage charm with +strength will add more damage than the small charms. Charms to look out for are +10 Max / +strength charms. These add mucho damage. Any decent damage charm with a life mod (for its size is a good thing.) Fine large charms and grand charms are bad, look for Sharp ones. They add a significant amount more damage than fine charms.

VI: Hints and tactics

General advise

I am not a great PvPer but there are a lot of things I have learned in my duels with other barbarians. First of all, you will want to walk, not run. Walking has no penalty to it, while running makes your defense zero, and drops your blocking to 25%. Use this to your advantage. If you get a barbarian to chase you in run mode, you should turn around and WW through him.

Avoid WW lock. WW lock is when you click on the character with WW and you keep following them all over until you finally get to them to hit them. This isn't as dangerous against a BvB as it is against an Amazon, but it is very annoying, and could end up costing you the duel if you are dueling a hybrid or a thrower.

Hit them when they are vulnerable. I know this sounds obvious, but hit them when they just come out of a whirl. If you mindlessly trade whirls, you won't really get anywhere. What you want to do is Hit him leech what you need and make sure he doesn't leech. This sounds obvious too, but mindlessly trading whirls is not too great.

Hybrids and throwers

Against a Hybrid or a thrower you will want to Dodge the Javelins. Make sure you don't whirl too long or you will be hit several time with javelins. Load up on faster run/walk charms and try to make them go toe to toe with you with WW. They don't deal near as much Sword damage as you do and going toe to toe is a no no for a Hybrid. Wait for him to make a mistake and hit him with his javelins out. One well-placed whirl should do enough damage to seal the match, if not end it. Remember; don't let them hit you with their javelins. Make them stay close. Don't get cocky. If you have them on the ropes, play like you are about to lose. They capitalize on mistakes better than any other class. A well placed double throw and they are right back in the game. Try and run them out of javelins if you can. Remember, You will own them in Close combat. Also, don't make mindless attempts to whirl. They will sometimes try and run you out of mana. Don't let this happen. If they decide to go toe to toe with you, toggle your walk switch right before the Whirl. You won't get the running penalty. Use as many dirty tricks as you can to coerce them to come into range. Hide in houses if you have to.

Socketing Advise

This is probably the most asked question on the forums. ?What should I socket in my _______? Well, I will start with the most obvious.

Sword: We've already discussed the breakpoints. You will want to find your weapon speed and make the Sword hit the second breakpoint. Most commonly, Ed/Ias jewels cover this quite nicely. Other times, the sword has the IAS already on it. Lets look at the most common mistakes on swords.

Mistake 1: Needless IAS.
Mistake 2: Not enough IAS.

On a sword with no inherent Speed mods on it, you will need to hit the breakpoint with either Shael runes, or with ed/ias jewels. To find the Base speeds of the swords go here.

http://www.diabloii.net/items/weapons/swords-elite.shtml

After the second Breakpoint is met, socket an eth rune. While you may disagree with using a bugged item, I assure you, its for your own good. Now, if you have any left over sockets, socket an ed/max damage jewel in each. This is to soak up any extra damage you can. Again, it is imperative all of these needs are met in this order on the sword. 2nd Break point, ETH, Ed/max.

For all of the rest of the equipment, you will want to socket ed/max damage jewels. 40/15 is the perfect, but extremely duped, expensive, and rare.

hope this helps =-)

LiveWire
2002-11-17, 07:50 PM
I would have to complety agree with you "apog" I would quote you, but that would be WAY to much lol, very nice detailed barb guide...

Apoq
2002-11-18, 01:17 PM
its apoq ;)

thanks im just here at zelaron for hugs, help and to protect you from the evil forums that are a spin off of ugn, called
d2xexpansion.org ( its a pos)

Adrenachrome
2002-11-18, 02:04 PM
SOMEONE STICKY THAT SHIT RIGHT THIS FUCKING MINUTE

ps: You have a few errors in it man you might want to check on it.

Apoq
2002-11-18, 02:10 PM
k ill go over it again and see whats wrong ><
sorry if i misled anyone >< i do what i can =-/

Adrenachrome
2002-11-18, 02:17 PM
just the 120/45 should be 160/60 i think thats the only major one

Apoq
2002-11-18, 02:27 PM
actually, that was meaning you could have a 40/15 jewel in the valor, but i already changed it

Adrenachrome
2002-11-18, 03:18 PM
ahhh drrrrr!... lol

Apoq
2002-11-18, 05:42 PM
dont worry, i feal your pain
anyone else have any guides maybe for a tweaker?

The_King
2002-12-07, 01:38 AM
This is my barb and he does very well for killing those damn annoying zons

20 Battle Order
20 WW
20 Shout (I know this has no use for now)
A few in inc speed
preq.
The rest put where ever

Gear:

8/8/20 gaze with 40/15
.08 arkaines
AO_new ith CB
20 dex raven frost
raven spiral
Shadow necklace
Ber SS
string with 8/15
Bugged str gloves

Stats:
enough str to wear all gear
dex to 75% block
Vit the rest
base eng

I have a good mix of life and frw sc's in order to catch the frequently running zons

I think that is all right but it may not be... I built him to kill all those damn guided arrow zons out there. he does very well at this, If its a really good zon he will pwn her, He can EASILY take several mid level zons at one time.

Any tips?

(BTW this is my first post so plz dont flame me)

AF_29
2002-12-07, 08:25 PM
the_king... no Sword mastery?

Mr.Lee
2002-12-08, 03:55 AM
Maybe he forgot to mention it.

The_King
2002-12-08, 08:55 AM
Shit lol yeah max sword mastery.... knew there was somethin missing

Apoq
2002-12-11, 04:19 PM
you missed something on your list or missed something in your barbs setup :) ?

The_King
2002-12-12, 03:55 AM
I forgot to say maxed sword mastery
I have it :D

snyth-fire
2002-12-30, 03:42 PM
that was a really good barb guide but that one person said have vitality at 50 wats up with that to me that seems just way to little and well unless u can afford or your lucky and get lots and lots of great gear along with lots of vitality charms and wat not your barb whould just die whouldnt he??? whould u not want to put lots of vitaality and 180-200 str ??? and moderate dex (while 0to energy) i havent herd one person speak of 50 to vitallty having 50 to vitallity whould mean having to have mass amounts of gear tat give + vit a good sturdy barb whould need to be able to take quite a few hits dueling whouldnt he ???

Apoq
2003-01-03, 07:56 AM
i didn't understand some of that but..
your wealth on a BvB barb decides where to put stats
its kind of a balance you have to have
max block so always that amount of dexterity
but depending if you have max damg/hp and high level Bo (remember to use alot of +warycry to get more hp)
determines how much you can put into str/vitality
if you are poorer you will have 1500< life and having 50 vitality
would make you lose some physical damage but the life you would gain would make up for it
obviously the richer you are the better but no one said BvB barbs are going to be for the very poor
usually i don't say 'this is for the rich people' but in this case don't get involved unless your'e going to be dedicated or else it will cost more than you can pay

dirkdig
2003-01-03, 04:30 PM
good advice. Remember you want your weapon to hit -35 speed so a ccs will require 3 40/15ias jewels. Arreats is a really good helm. It adds to your skills(more bo and therefore more like) and adds 40 stat points which is 40 more vit points. The resists are also nice and it looks cool. Don't use Venom grip. Instead use Ik gaunts because they give 40 stats which is once again more points ino life. If you want a full guide go here : http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-guides/barb-pvp-ss.php - best guide ever

I'm glad you like my friend's guide =).
A character's build is very important, and 90% of battle.net ignores their build, and their characters end up sub-standard as a result.

I use a setup that is legal in the top dueling leagues (PvP-east is the name right now on useast).

Helm: BER legit .08 arreats face, 6% AF for vs sorc
Ammy: Cat's Eye vs zons, Crescent Moon for BvB, +2skills/8min/8ML/resistances ammy for the rest.
Rings: 2xraven frost for public duels vs bugged occy ring sorcs, otherwise 1x raven frost, 1 x 8LL ring with +10 str and several other useful mods.
Armor: shaftstop, 40ed w/ 3-7 cold dmg (useful marker for bvb)
Shield: storm socketed w/ 40ed/8min dmg jewel
Sword: Cruel Colossus Sword of Butchery, 299ed base /+23 max, socketed with 2x 39ed/15ias and 1x 38ed/15ias for 387 1hand dmg
Belt: SoE for BvB, tgods all others.
Boots: War traveler (best barb dueling boots in the game hands down)
Gloves: IK

4300 life with 245% linear run/walk and 3500 whirlwind damage. Built on the above guide, I often hear the comment "the best legit barb I've ever seen" in duel games. Feel free to /w me for duels:o

blckshdwdragon
2003-01-06, 02:20 PM
lol.... apoq is it me or did u copy that from diabloii.net cuz i remeber reading it there lol...... but over all whoever wrote it it isnt apoq but someone else that knows wut they are talking bout (doesnt infer anything, i still got lots to learn too), found it.....

http://www.diabloii.net/strategy/x-guides/barbvbarb.php

anyway stryofoam wrote it whoever he is...

Gsus
2003-01-06, 02:31 PM
i strongly disagree with rest in vit, theres 08 valors for a reason

blckshdwdragon
2003-01-06, 02:36 PM
enough vit to hit 2.5k ~wut ever u desire ur build to do like more vit for zons trappers etc. 2.5k cuz thats wut i suggest to be the min life for any barb