PDA

View Full Version : Can ITHS Be Deleted? Most Likelly NO...

"CRØNîC-KîLLå"
2002-10-07, 08:37 AM
quoted from diabloii.net, quoted from b.net rep

With Ith items be deleted in v1.10?
Ith Items are made with a hack, and have been very heavily duped. They are described in some detail on our warnings page. Blizzard would have to modify how the game checks Runewords to make it able to detect Ith items, (they aren't checked for dupes like rares and uniques) and as far as we know Blizzard isn't going to do the work necessary to implement Ith detection. If they could just flick a button and delete all of them, I'm sure they would, but it's more difficult than that, unfortunately.

!King_Amazon!
2002-10-07, 05:25 PM
Wishfull thinking my friend, wishfull thinking

Adrenachrome
2002-10-07, 09:44 PM
thus supporting why i have been grabbing hella iths because uninformed noobs are trading them cheap as fuck

GuitarShredder
2002-10-08, 01:06 PM
yeah well i htink they are just saying that to screw the people who belive that over .... i think that they are going to delete them all with no probblem along with the occy rings, and wizardspike rings... also i hope they delete every duped soj (ifpossible) to acually make the game better in tradeing... so that things will acually be worth something instead of being worth SOJ plus it will make the game much more challenging and fun:stoner:

!King_Amazon!
2002-10-08, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by GuitarShredder
also i hope they delete every duped soj (ifpossible) to acually make the game better in tradeing... so that things will acually be worth something instead of being worth SOJ plus it will make the game much more challenging

If they deleted all duped SOJ's, about 95% (if not more) would be gone, people would get pissed and quit Diablo, it would kill trading, since nobody would have anything left, and it would most definately NOT make the game any more fun or challenging. But I can see where you're coming from (not).

Pyro
2002-10-08, 05:45 PM
Considering the lack of id's on pre-exp soj's, I seriously doubt it would be possible anyway, so no worries.

Adrenachrome
2002-10-10, 04:15 PM
!KA! is right it would make alot of people wuit and blizzard cant afford to do things like that they get alot of money from the banners in the chat channels and fewer players = fewer dollas
it is a minority of people on battle net who dispise the dupes and buggs (mostly people who cannot get these items)

Rating
2002-10-10, 05:11 PM
Guy I hope you dont take offence of this but iths are for pussys... :) just my thaught on it don't get all upset lmao

!King_Amazon!
2002-10-10, 05:50 PM
I don't think bliz will delete iths either..most trading now is for iths.

Pekson
2002-10-11, 08:21 AM
I will wait till 1.10 comes and if Ith's dont dissappear i would get myself an ITH claw.....I LUV ASSASSINS ^-^